Ville de Québec Part IX: Tout vient à point à qui sait attendre

Status
Not open for further replies.

Brodie

HACK THE BONE! HACK THE BONE!
Mar 19, 2009
Chicago
fwiw, we'll still have QC threads if the team stays/moves elsewhere. It may not be stickied, but we will still have it

Frenchy

Administrator
Sep 16, 2006
϶(°o°)ϵ
Quebec City Part X: Plus on désire une chose, plus elle se fait attendre

Quebec City Part X: L'injustice est muette, et la justice crie

Quebec City Part X: Aimez vos ennemies... Viens ici mon beau Gary!

that's good one , i can't stop laughing :laugh:

Pretty sure this next thread will be our last in the section

By this time next week we will either have a team or have to wait 3-5 years for an expansion one

Sadly , I think you're right :(

Acesolid

The Illusive Bettman
Sep 21, 2010
Québec
I think expansion is not that far away. The way the NHL spoke of both Quebec and Seattle. And the fact that he said that expansion would be ''once all teams are healthy'' rather then ''it isn't in the plans'', like he said before. It's in my opinion an indication that an expansion is comming in the next two years.

howie789

Aug 22, 2009
I think expansion is not that far away. The way the NHL spoke of both Quebec and Seattle. And the fact that he said that expansion would be ''once all teams are healthy'' rather then ''it isn't in the plans'', like he said before. It's in my opinion an indication that an expansion is comming in the next two years.

there are a few teams that are in dire straits. NJ comes to mind. Why is expansion considered a done deal?..The NFL and MLB expanding I can understand- those two leagues are financially stable. The NHL is not. Why not go for the sure thing, which is Quebec.

GF

Nov 4, 2012
there are a few teams that are in dire straits. NJ comes to mind. Why is expansion considered a done deal?..The NFL and MLB expanding I can understand- those two leagues are financially stable. The NHL is not. Why not go for the sure thing, which is Quebec.

Gotta agree with you. Expansion makes no sense. If reports are to be believed, 1/3 of the teams are losing money every year. How can a league decide to expand under those conditions?

This is just on top of my head, but struggling franchises may (or not) include: Dallas, Florida, Colombus, NewJersey, Colorado, Nashville, Phoenix, Carolina.

I firmly believe that if the Coyotes relocate anywhere but Qc, it's done. The next opportunity will be another struggling franchise. Thing is, the next franchie to fail could come up next month, next year or in 10. We don't know.

Quebec X:Maintenant ou jamais

NYNordsFan

Feb 6, 2010
Long Island, NY
even the NFL has no plans to expand... but they do have that ace in the hole market.... "Los Angeles"

where a number of teams looking for a new stadium has had that dirty word of "relocation" brought out...

The Minnesota Vikings, St Louis Rams (formally of LA) and the Jacksonville Jaguars are recent teams that in the last few years have used the "LA card" to get what they want... The Minnesota Vikings just reached a deal to build a new stadium in Minneapolis... the Rams are looking for BIG upgrades to their stadium and the city of St. Louis has been less than eager to meet those demands.

The Jaguars play in the NFL's smallest market (Jacksonville, Florida), and crowds have been very fickle in the last six years or so... they've been struggling to sell tickets and the new owner has been looking for new opportunities to rebuild the team. Los Angeles and even London England has come up as places that perhaps could be a landing spot if the situation in Jacksonville does not improve.

The NFL with 32 teams and its 16 game schedule has perfect symmetry at this time, there's been no talk of of new teams... though there has been illogical talk of shortening the 4 preseason game schedule and expanding the regular season to 18 games....

MLB has two problem children... the Tampa Bay Rays... a successful but small budget team playing in a small, outdated dome stadium... and the Oakland A's... also a successful small market team playing in a old and badly deteriating stadium... and they've been trying to get a new stadium built for years.. be it in Oakland or over in San Jose.

there's no expansion that's in the foreseeable future for MLB

CrazyMonkey1208

Apr 9, 2012
Quebec XX....hold on, how do you say 2 million in Roman numerals again?

It will blow if this team goes to Seattle. Like I wasted the last 3 year's following the Coyote saga for absolutely nothing. Glendale, Seattle, who cares, they're both 3,000 miles away. At that point it doesn't even matter if they move.

Just my ramblings on the subject.

CrazyMonkey1208

Apr 9, 2012
GF- Colorado is struggling? If that is true, I honestly didn't know or expect that. Maybe they'll relocate to Quebec ;)

LeafShark

Feb 2, 2010
Hope to see some Nordiques Nation members at the draft.

We have a trade to announce...
The Phoenix Coyotes to Quebec for 230M.

GF

Nov 4, 2012
GF- Colorado is struggling? If that is true, I honestly didn't know or expect that. Maybe they'll relocate to Quebec ;)

Well they had the lowest attendance and lowest tv ratings last season. They also had the worst team in the NHL. I don't know the exact situation. But being last in attendance and tv ratings sure ain't a sign of a healthy franchise.

powerstuck

Nordiques Hopes Lies
Jan 13, 2012
Town NHL hates !
Well they had the lowest attendance and lowest tv ratings last season. They also had the worst team in the NHL. I don't know the exact situation. But being last in attendance and tv ratings sure ain't a sign of a healthy franchise.

Colorado ain't moving. And I don't want that city/market to lose it's team.

NorthernILHawksFan

Feb 14, 2010
IL
Hope everything goes well for you guys this week.

I think Seattle has a lot of potential, and it could be a good market eventually. However, I don't see you can put a team there without the guarantee of a new arena. Sure, Key would be fine for 2-3 years, but the market is screwed without a new building. Now, I'm not sure exactly what the details are with the MOU and all that.

Quebec will be a great market. Brand new building on the way, suitable temporary facility, solid fan base. Makes too much sense.

Undertakerqc

Dec 24, 2011
Well, the Seattle fear was driven into every Nordiques fan's heart including surely PKP. And now we hear Seattle isnt a slam dunk. The NHL got what they wanted. Now PKP will probably pay more for the Coyotes then we tought at the beginning. Masterful strategy by Bettman and Daly.

The NHL knows as we all do, that Seattle is no where ready has Québec his for a quick transfert. Like Dreger said, Seattle will probably be in the next expansion.

MOD Link to Part X: http://hfboards.mandatory.com/showthread.php?t=1456871

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad