Ville de Québec Part IX: Tout vient à point à qui sait attendre

Status
Not open for further replies.

Kimota

ROY DU NORD!!!
Nov 4, 2005
Les Plaines D'Abraham
We keep hearing Seattle but in my opinion I just don't see it. The two arenas they could go to are absolutly horrible for hockey and they're not even sure they'll get a new arena?

Whole thing is smoke and mirrors.

gstommylee

Jan 31, 2012
We keep hearing Seattle but in my opinion I just don't see it. The two arenas they could go to are absolutly horrible for hockey and they're not even sure they'll get a new arena?

they said key arena is fine.

DopeyFish

Mitchy McDangles
Nov 17, 2009

Seattle isn't ready, IMO.

Quebec is ready at every level.

Arena both temp and new.

Sports stations.

Fan base.

Legacy.

Everything is there and ready. May as well only give Seattle the expansion option when they have a suitable arena on the way... Just be ready to announce when the NBA is ready to announce.

JB52

Apr 6, 2012
Quebec City
they said key arena is fine.

Well, in the smoke and mirror theory, they would have to say that, don't you think.

I just wonder, though, why the Thunderbirds didn't stay there if it was such a fantastic facility for Ice hockey. Well I guess the WHL is just that much a more serious league than the NHL.

gstommylee

Jan 31, 2012
Well, in the smoke and mirror theory, they would have to say that, don't you think.

I just wonder, though, why the Thunderbirds didn't stay there if it was such a fantastic facility for Ice hockey. Well I guess the WHL is just that much a more serious league than the NHL.

WHL is a completely differnet hockey level than NHL.

Revo

Jun 29, 2011
Quebec City
taking title suggestions for QC X

Québec City Part X : Si tu savais tout ce que j'te jure... du fond de mon armure

It works both with the «Seattle is just leverage, Québec City is the true plan B» and the «Seattle is the true plan B, Québec City is kept for expansion» theories, which seem to be the two most popular ones going around.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=i8G7DKrbChI

You shouldn't watch the cheesy videoclip, doesn't pay tribute to the song :laugh:

JB52

Apr 6, 2012
Quebec City
Enrico Ciccone just said on TVA Sports that The NHLPA never said that it would be Seattle. He made some call...

Shawa666

May 25, 2010
Québec, Qc, Ca
Look at our city. You have ~1M people in its metropolitan area and yet no professional sports team. None, aucune,nada. Heck not even the CFL.

We may have one of the beautifulest cities in North America, yet we're barely known. Tourists come here and say "I didn't know what to expect...". A pro sports franchise would finally put us on the map. And the NHL is the only possibility for now.

Yeah we have the best crowds for junior hockey and college football. That's it. Here's the occasion we were waiting for, we have a willing owner and a brand new arena rising, and yet apparently Seattle comes out of nowhere a few months before the Coyotes hold their final vote. How frustrated would you be?

We've got one, The quebec Capitales in the Can-Am League. Yeah it's indy ball, but it's pro sport. Add the CIS-Football Laval Rouge et Or which are pretty much run like a pro team and the QJMHL Remparts which had an average attendence of 11 300 last season.

Quebec City part X: Pousse mais pousse égal Gary!

Love it.

Habs05

Mar 5, 2011
Brossard, Qc
Quebec City Part X: Plus on désire une chose, plus elle se fait attendre

Quebec City Part X: L'injustice est muette, et la justice crie

Quebec City Part X: Aimez vos ennemis... Viens ici mon beau Gary!

Last edited:

GordonGraham

Sep 12, 2009
Pretty sure this next thread will be our last in the section

By this time next week we will either have a team or have to wait 3-5 years for an expansion one

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad