Ville de Québec Part IX: Tout vient à point à qui sait attendre

Status
Not open for further replies.

Revo

Jun 29, 2011
Quebec City
I guarantee you that within five minutes of signing a TV deal the suits in the NHL front office are already thinking about the NEXT TV deal: That's how the televised sports industry works.

Which would imply a move to Canada, because, I'll let someone finish the sentence, the NEXT TV deal is...

Acesolid

The Illusive Bettman
Sep 21, 2010
Québec
I guarantee you that within five minutes of signing a TV deal the suits in the NHL front office are already thinking about the NEXT TV deal: That's how the televised sports industry works.

Yes, and that is why the NHL should expand to Seattle once they have an arena. Not relocate before they are ready!

Acesolid

The Illusive Bettman
Sep 21, 2010
Québec
We're talking about US TV deals. Not just TV deals that line the pockets of the Leafs and the Habs.

You have no idea how the NHL works, do you? The Canadian TV deal will bring LOADS of money to the entire NHL. And it'll bring even more with more Canadian teams!

Morgoth Bauglir

Master Of The Fates Of Arda
Aug 31, 2012
Angband via Utumno
You have no idea how the NHL works, do you? The Canadian TV deal will bring LOADS of money to the entire NHL. And it'll bring even more with more Canadian teams!

I have plenty of idea how the NHL works.....I'm just not anchored down by a Canada Uber Alles mentality coupled with knee-jerk emotionalism :)

Confucius

There is no try, Just do
Feb 8, 2009
Toronto
looking at Glendale

why would you guys want to be in business with the NHL anyway

If someone else wants something you have it must be good, you just don't know it.

A guy down the street was throwing out a TV tower. I asked if I could have it, he said 20 bucks, I said nah but for free I'd take it. He said no and about an hour later he hauled it back into his garage:laugh:

Stanley Cup

Bettman's ice bucket
Jul 15, 2010
Québec
looking at Glendale

why would you guys want to be in business with the NHL anyway

Look at our city. You have ~1M people in its metropolitan area and yet no professional sports team. None, aucune,nada. Heck not even the CFL.

We may have one of the beautifulest cities in North America, yet we're barely known. Tourists come here and say "I didn't know what to expect...". A pro sports franchise would finally put us on the map. And the NHL is the only possibility for now.

Yeah we have the best crowds for junior hockey and college football. That's it. Here's the occasion we were waiting for, we have a willing owner and a brand new arena rising, and yet apparently Seattle comes out of nowhere a few months before the Coyotes hold their final vote. How frustrated would you be?

Confucius

There is no try, Just do
Feb 8, 2009
Toronto
Look at our city. You have ~1M people in its metropolitan area and yet no professional sports team. None, aucune,nada. Heck not even the CFL.

We may have one of the beautifulest cities in North America, yet we're barely known. Tourists come here and say "I didn't know what to expect...". A pro sports franchise would finally put us on the map. And the NHL is the only possibility for now.

Yeah we have the best crowds for junior hockey and college football. That's it. Here's the occasion we were waiting for, we have a willing owner and a brand new arena rising, and yet apparently Seattle comes out of nowhere a few months before the Coyotes hold their final vote. How frustrated would you be?

My opinion Seattle is a red herring, for this year anyway.

Acesolid

The Illusive Bettman
Sep 21, 2010
Québec

Don't forget college Basketball in the new BBall arena at Laval University's PEPS that's opening this Fall! If we don't get an nhl team you should all totally go to the games and fill it!

/ shameless plug for a marketing project a few months ago.

Stanley Cup

Bettman's ice bucket
Jul 15, 2010
Québec
Don't forget college Basketball in the new BBall arena at Laval University's PEPS that's opening this Fall! If we don't get an nhl team you should all totally go to the games and fill it!

/ shameless plug for a marketing project a few months ago.

André Richelieu I'm guessing

barneyg

Apr 22, 2007

1) hmmm.. please name one North American metro area in the <1M population range that's better-known than Quebec City.

2) what does "put us on the map" mean?

Let's face it. The new arena is getting built because the people in the region want it built.

Acesolid

The Illusive Bettman
Sep 21, 2010
Québec
André Richelieu I'm guessing

Wait what? You think I'm an internationally recognised business Professor at Laval University?!

Hahahahahahaha!

That's too much! Altrough I got my diploma there, and met the guy.

But stop trying to guess my identity, it's creepy, and off topic!

Stanley Cup

Bettman's ice bucket
Jul 15, 2010
Québec
Wait what? You think I'm an internationally recognised business Professor at Laval University?!

Hahahahahahaha!

That's too much! Altrough I got my diploma there, and met the guy.

But stop trying to guess my identity, it's creepy!

I've had him as a professor, looks like a project he'd like.

YEMELIN74

Feb 12, 2004
Lévis
here is what will happen, the nhl will still own the coyotes but they will play in Seattle next year, that will give the nhl time to find an owner in Seattle and enough time for the nba to announce an expansion in Seattle.

gstommylee

Jan 31, 2012
here is what will happen, the nhl will still own the coyotes but they will play in Seattle next year, that will give the nhl time to find an owner in Seattle and enough time for the nba to announce an expansion in Seattle.

Ther eis already an owner group for seattle.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad