Ville de Québec - Part III

Status
Not open for further replies.

Undertakerqc

Dec 24, 2011
The condescending tone and lack of knowledge in this post is hilarious. Dave Tippett is one of the winningest coaches in the league post lockout. Don Maloney has assembled a playoff team without an owner, contract flexibility or a large budget. If the Coyotes make the playoffs this year they will have managed to get the hopeless Phoenix Coyotes into the playoffs 3 consecutive seasons; no Canadian franchise outside of Vancouver will have done that, despite much larger budgets. They both are respected and have the awards to show just what the league thinks of them. Should the QC franchise fire them, they will be the top coach and GM candidates available.

I will be very disappointed if the QC team focuses solely on being french rather than an actual hockey organization. It's stupid. More importantly, it doesn't work. The fact that you guys would cast away one of the best coach/GM tandems in the league so readily is disappointing. I expected QC fans to be a little more knowledgeable. Hearing that the potential owner is "all about da french" ruins, for me, what would otherwise be a great destination for the team. If the new owner was smart he'd do everything possible to keep Tippett and Maloney with the organization. With more resources and fans provided by QC, those 2 could easily deliver a cup to the Nordiques.

Isn't that why the games are played?

I admit Tippet did a great job for the Coyotes, but Maloney in my opinion is overrated. He had a pletora of good young forwards and discarted all of them away for almost nothing.

Undertakerqc

Dec 24, 2011
Link please? According to my sources, everything is good to go.

Just listen to Hansens interview and you will understand what i mean. Maybe ina couple year Seattle will be serious contender, but this year they are not ready. Heck its not even confirm the construction of the Arena will go ahead if there is no basketball team. In that interview he clearly says that NHL at Key arena is almost impossible for a few year. Plus NHL is clearly na aftertought for this guys, so he wont start the building of an arena if he is not assured of an NBA team. Sources around here tell us that quebec City is alone and if the Coyotes moves this year its here.

rt

The Kinder, Gentler Version
May 13, 2004
A Rockwellian Pleasantville
I admit Tippet did a great job for the Coyotes, but Maloney in my opinion is overrated. He had a pletora of good young forwards and discarted all of them away for almost nothing.

Personally, I think Don Maloney is the best thing that's ever happened to the Phoenix Coyotes. Other than Shane Doan, he's my favorite Coyote. Just my opinion, but i think hes brilliant.

We are getting way, way off topic, but I've got to ask about these discarded young forwards. Who are we talking about?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad