Friedman: Viktor Arvidsson available?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Maurice of Orange

Wahatquenak
Feb 5, 2016
might want to check up on how shooting % works
Edit correction made:
Divide the number of goals by the number of shots on goal.
Do not include shots that are blocked by a non-goalie and shots that miss the net. Do not include goals or shots from a shootout.

Last edited:

Lunatik

Oct 12, 2012
Divide the number of goals by the number of shot attempts.
Do not include shots that are blocked by a non-goalie and shots that miss the net. Do not include goals or shots from a shootout.
Goals divided by shots on goal.
Shot attempts include blocked shots and missed shots

Maurice of Orange

Wahatquenak
Feb 5, 2016
Goals divided by shots on goal.
Shot attempts include blocked shots and missed shots
Your right shots on net not attempt I was wrong.
So we are not misunderstanding one another.

Arvidsson 10 goals divide that by Arvidsson’s 151 shots on goal = 0.066225165562914 or just 6.6 shooting percentage.

ctmagic

Jan 15, 2013
Divide the number of goals by the number of shot attempts.

now let’s talk about how he struggled to get shots on net as shown by his low shooting %

ctmagic

Jan 15, 2013

Arvidsson 10 goals divide that by Arvidsson’s 151 shots on goal = 0.066225165562914 or just 6.6 shooting percentage.

151 shots in 50 gms… he did not have trouble getting pucks to the goalie.

Armourboy

Hey! You suck!
Jan 20, 2014
Shelbyville, TN
I think at this point I would take just about any reasonable offer.

I would think somewhere around a 2nd + and a lower A/B+ guy or something like that.

The 1st+Neal offer is intriguing but we have zero need for Neal as he would just be taking up space.

Frankly moving Arvy would be as much about creating space for younger guys as it is just a need to move him.

Either way I think Poile is still looking to get younger.

Lunatik

Oct 12, 2012

all good, we all f*** up sometimes.

Reactions: MarkusNaslund19

Lunatik

Oct 12, 2012
I think at this point I would take just about any reasonable offer.

I would think somewhere around a 2nd + and a lower A/B+ guy or something like that.

The 1st+Neal offer is intriguing but we have zero need for Neal as he would just be taking up space.

Frankly moving Arvy would be as much about creating space for younger guys as it is just a need to move him.

Either way I think Poile is still looking to get younger.
If I were the Flames GM I'd offer our 2nd this year and Panthers 2nd next year

Reactions: Scoresberg

Scoresberg

In Trotz We Trust?
May 28, 2015
Earth
He’s a good player. Career 12%+ shooter before his 6.6% this year. I’d bank on a bounce back next season. 25-30 goals if he gets decent line mates somewhere.

He needs a coach that plays the outlet game like lavolette.

Both of these are very true. Which is why I wouldn’t want to trade him for a low offer. He’s due for a bounce back.

Reactions: ctmagic

elitepete

Jan 30, 2017
Vancouver
A 40th overall certainly fits my parameters anyway. I guess the good thing if Poile found this level of interest, at this time of year, you can pretty easily collect bids and know exactly which one is better than another, if it is just for picks.
Would 40th + Motte be enough? Motte is a youngish bottom 6 winger that is versatile, brings energy, pks, and can chip in some points.

Scoresberg

In Trotz We Trust?
May 28, 2015
Earth
Would 40th + Motte be enough? Motte is a youngish bottom 6 winger that is versatile, brings energy, pks, and can chip in some points.

40th + something extra is a good offer. We don't have a need for Motte, we have a logjam of bottom-sixers upfront as it is.

Scoresberg

In Trotz We Trust?
May 28, 2015
Earth
With Arvidsson, people tend to forget that he actually led our team at even strength scoring this year with Granlund and Kunin.

Hynes' system is just completely inept to offensive talent and requires .940% night in night out from the goalie to actually win games.

I have little doubt that in a more offensive system that can create rush chances, Arvidsson is still at least a 25-goal scorer. Not to mention, a system that utilizes him properly on the PP. I've never seen a player as misused on the man advantage as Arvidsson is in Hynes' system.

herzausstein

Aug 31, 2014
West Virginia
Looked like an absolute steal contract for Nashville a few years ago.
Now he's just another second line winger. Don't think the Preds would get a return that makes up for his loss.

his production is still worth his contract. His last 2 seasons (which we'd consider down seasons production wise) were still 20/20/40 pace seasons. 4.25M for that isn't bad and a team in need of forward depth like Edmonton could use a hard playing forward like Arvidsson.

herzausstein

Aug 31, 2014
West Virginia
I wouldn’t want Arvidsson on my team, he hasn’t been the same player since Bortuzzo destroyed Arvidsson’s back with a vicious cross check.

Hynes sheltered Arvidsson with offensive zone starts and Viktor still bearly put up 25 points this season, Arvidsson also struggled getting shots on net as his shooting percentage was at its lowest since his 1st full season in the NHL.

IMO Arvidsson is a 3rd line winger at best and is damaged goods, if Poile can get any good return he should do so before his game goes into further decline.

I mean his bread and butter was breakaways, short handed goals, and being a net front pest. Bortuzzo kindof destroyed his ability to do the last one. Hynes took him off of the PK so he wasn't getting those chances and Hynes also didn't really play a rush offense which killed the breakaways.

Team Cozens

Oct 24, 2013
Burlington
Looked like an absolute steal contract for Nashville a few years ago.
Now he's just another second line winger. Don't think the Preds would get a return that makes up for his loss.
Ya, I don’t get why Nashville is trading him at all. Good contract and he is only 28.

BHD

Vejmelka for Vezina
Dec 27, 2009
Moncton, NB
Dubas should be pushing other GMs out of the way to get him. His skillset and contract make him the ideal player for the Leafs.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

• Toulouse vs Montpellier
    Toulouse vs Montpellier
    Wagers: 3
    Staked: $246.00
    Event closes
    • Updated:
  • Hoffenheim vs RB Leipzig
    Hoffenheim vs RB Leipzig