Friedman: Viktor Arvidsson available?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Scoresberg

In Trotz We Trust?
May 28, 2015
Earth
We still don't know why Fabbro didn't play in the playoffs. He was injured going in and never really looked right when he did come back. The " on the outs " is based on the idea he was sat, when we don't really know if that was the case or not.

Even if he was sat Ellis is the one that needs to be moved. Based on Poile's comments Fabbro is in his long term plans.

I think he was healthy at the time, Carrier had just taken his job and Hynes wanted size on the bottom-pair.

That isn't to say he's not in our plans moving forward. I think it might be smart to actually hold on to Ellis for one more year and let him shelter the kids on the right side for next year.

Armourboy

Hey! You suck!
Jan 20, 2014
Shelbyville, TN
I think he was healthy at the time, Carrier had just taken his job and Hynes wanted size on the bottom-pair.

That isn't to say he's not in our plans moving forward. I think it might be smart to actually hold on to Ellis for one more year and let him shelter the kids on the right side for next year.
You think but you have absolutely nothing to go on other than your gut feeling.

Scoresberg

In Trotz We Trust?
May 28, 2015
Earth
You think but you have absolutely nothing to go on other than your gut feeling.

He got injured early in April, came in and played the two last regular season games. I do not think he was injured anymore when the playoffs started. He played over 23 minutes in the last reg. season game.

Porter Stoutheart

We Got Wood
Jun 14, 2017
He got injured early in April, came in and played the two last regular season games. I do not think he was injured anymore when the playoffs started. He played over 23 minutes in the last reg. season game.
We sat the entire rest of our regular starting D corps in that last regular season game, so I wouldn't read too much into that one game. I just think the narrative that "Carrier took Fabbro's job" is way off. They both should have been playing, they are both significantly better than Matt Benning. Carrier surprised us a little down the stretch as a player we waived earlier, but Fabbro is still the far more valuable asset. It's not a contest between them anyway. We want to keep them both, ideally. So my gut says Fabbro was injured, sick, post-concussed or something like that. His injury was "upper-body" and "week-to-week" so despite the Preds' impenetrable shroud of secrecy around all injuries, it does fit with a concussion, and it may be that he was cleared to play, but still not quite right.

triggrman

Where is Hipcheck85
Sponsor
May 8, 2002
Murfreesboro, TN
hfboards.com
but was pulled in the 2nd to last game, was in the dressing room most of the 3rd period.

Did play in the last game and played bigger minutes. Still don't think he was 100%

Canucks LB

My Favourite, Gone too soon, RIP Luc, We miss you
Oct 12, 2008
Looks like its done, just some final ts and dots

BringTheReign

Jul 3, 2008
San Diego
Well, I like the cost certainty on his contract. Nashville seems as snakebitten on offense as we have been, but a change of scenery can always help. It'll be interesting to see what the return is.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad