VIII. General Stars Talk Can't Stop, Won't Stop

Status
Not open for further replies.

PezRadar

Peverley #1 Fan!
Jan 20, 2008
Dallas Texas
Roussel is amazing. I've had numerous experiences with him that were amazing.

Every autograph signing from this year, he was amazing to talk to and was always super chatty and approachable.

He gave me and my friend his stick on the Raptor Jesus night when we gave him the sign. He has that hanging in the locker room in the AAC now and told me about it 2 days later at a practice when he was leaving and recognized me. In fact he was chatty with everyone there and spent a little time talking to each fan even though his dad and brother? were waiting behind him. It was simply awesome.

He is a class act.

(As is Rich Peverley!)

I'm bummed about the losing streak like many but I'm not down on the team. All teams run into these cruddy streaks and this is ours. We've seen the Islanders, Kings, etc all run into these this season. We just need to get one win and stay in it and we will be good. I think Tuesday may be that magic day. I'm hoping we can pull through. Just gotta stick with the team :)

Yes it has. We got Seguin and Nuke, that is a massive improvement regardless of anything that happens this season.

Agreed. And our faceoffs this year have been phenomenal. That was huge agst us last year. In fact, last year we were near last in the league for faceoffs.

Nexus

Jul 7, 2013
So after this six game losing streak, I've been really bummed out about the Stars lately, as I'm sure everybody else has. This was definitely nice to hear though:

- Some guy on DBD.com

Everything I hear about Roussel is that he's just the nicest dude off the ice.

Thanks for posting this, made living through this losing streak a little bit easier.

piqued

nos merentur hoc
Nov 22, 2006
This doesn't really tell us anything new just thought it was an interesting exercise --

Current veteran Stars players vs. their career PPG average. Above or below?

Cole: below
Peverley: below
Whitney: below
Horcoff: below
Fiddler: below
Goligoski: below
Gonchar: below
Daley: below
Robidas: below
Rome: below

Not a single guy on the upswing or having a good season by their standards.

eartotheground

capslock broken
Sponsor
Jul 7, 2006
Helsinki South
If the scoring and minutes have shifted to younger players, and the point totals remain the same through those same 40 some games, that's a plus, no?

ColeJ

Nov 4, 2007
Waxahachie, Texas
Not when some of the veterans are getting paid what they are.

but that was always the plan... we paid for veterans to fill in while the kids grew up. in the next 365 days, we will gradually lose those veterans and gain more cap space.

ideally, you'd like to spend that cap space on young superstars like seguin and benn and nichushkin.

problem is, you can't just run to H-E-B and pick up a case of young superstars like you can veterans, so how we spend that extra cap space will likely depend on the market and what kind of trades we can swing, and which youth are ready to step in from below.

Primetimey*

Dam, Scott Glennie followed me on Twitter then DM'd me obvious hack links.

Scott Glennie so ****** at life he can't even stop his Twitter account from getting hacked.

KiedisA

Feb 27, 2010
Mark Stepneski ‏@StarsInsideEdge 2m

Stephane Robidas has started skating on his own. Ray Whitney not practicing today. Updates after practice.

Holy **** gotta have a beer for #3.. If he could return say, after Sochi, that would amazing boost for the team when we're still fighting for the top8..

Last edited by a moderator:

BigG44

Jul 12, 2007
of course our best stretch of the season also came with robidas out

:laugh:

You're my new favorite troll.

How crazy is it that the worst stretch comes when Gonchar and Daley come back?

Those two bits of info tell me one thing .... the forwards were dumping themselves when they realized the D was gone, and they committed themselves to playing a team game.

The second they thought they could relax, they didn't play as hard as they should in the defensive zone, and you get a six game losing streak.

txomisc

Mar 18, 2002
California
Visit site
:laugh:

You're my new favorite troll.

How crazy is it that the worst stretch comes when Gonchar and Daley come back?

Those two bits of info tell me one thing .... the forwards were dumping themselves when they realized the D was gone, and they committed themselves to playing a team game.

The second they thought they could relax, they didn't play as hard as they should in the defensive zone, and you get a six game losing streak.

That could be or it could just be weird coincidence. I think alot of teams are pretty streaky and it could just be the Stars coming down from the high perch they didnt belong on.

Fly Like a C5

Dec 22, 2008
Mark Stepneski ‏@StarsInsideEdge 2m

Stephane Robidas has started skating on his own. Ray Whitney not practicing today. Updates after practice.

Holy f*c* gotta have a beer for #3.. If he could return say, after Sochi, that would amazing boost for the team when we're still fighting for the top8..

Good. Hopefully he'll be healthy enough to be traded at the trade deadline.

oconnor9sean

Mar 3, 2013
DFW
If Robi could magically come back right now, what would the lines look like?

I'd like to put Robi with Goose and Dillon with Daley.

Goligoski-Robidas
Dillon-Daley
Connauton-Gonchar

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad