GDT: VIII | "Afternoon Delight" | Oilers @ Avs | 2.2.13 | 1PM | SNET-W

Status
Not open for further replies.

DrDrai

The OG
Jan 28, 2007
Edmonton
This thread is starting to sound like the calgary game, everyone expecting a blowout, it will come down to which team wants it more

Dorian2

Define that balance
Jul 17, 2009
Edmonton
Afternoon delight for Oiler fans...certainly not for the poor Avs. Missing 4 of their top 6 players isn't good.

I actually feel sorry for them. Oilers have no excuse to lose this game. If they do, this board will go into Nuclear meltdown.

McClelland

Aug 2, 2011
Bergen
Have a bad feeling about this one, avs has revenge in mind and coming from a win last game against flames (good for the confidence).

The Big Unit

Oct 24, 2009
I think if we strike early we can deflate the Avs. They're coming off a big win against the Flames and will likely be pumped up to face us again. Another PP goal will likely do wonders for us against Colorado as they'll likely start feeling "here we go again".

The Bored Man

5-14-6-1
Jul 2, 2009
Edmonton
This thread is starting to sound like the calgary game, everyone expecting a blowout, it will come down to which team wants it more

Yep, the Oilers aren't some juggernaut that can roll through any team they want. Avs out-shot them 24-6 inthe third period on Monday.

Raab

Oct 6, 2007
I think if we strike early we can deflate the Avs. They're coming off a big win against the Flames and will likely be pumped up to face us again. Another PP goal will likely do wonders for us against Colorado as they'll likely start feeling "here we go again".

The best part was how the Flames fell apart with like 4 minutes left to play.

ToeMcDrag83

5-14-6-1
Aug 25, 2010
Oil Country
Biggest enemy now is complacency. Last year we put in good efforts against some great teams because we got up for those games. The effort against San Jose didn't surprise me in the least. What will pleasantly surprise me is if we can put forward a similar game against a depleted Avs lineup. This is the same team that outshot us 24-6 in 1 period, and beat a Flames team that we could not.

Yes, we win on paper right now. And that means jack diddly.

molsonmuscle360

Jan 25, 2009
Ft. McMurray Ab
Exciting sports day for me today. Favorite hockey team playing and my favorite fighter fighting (Ian McCall). I'm going to predict a 4-1 win for the Oilers and a 30-27 decision for Uncle Creepy.

OILFAN #81

Apr 14, 2006
San Jose, California
Have to watch Parenteau and Duchene in our own zone.

Last time we scored 4 PP goals on Colorado. Need to have the PP clicking. Discipline is always a key for the Oilers. No dumb penalties. Lets go Oilers!!!!

#ualberta
Dec 13, 2010
Edmonton
I think we win but it might not be as easy a game as some think

Edit: why don't these GDT's get started at midnight anymore

Jeff Lebowski

Jan 12, 2008
As long as the Oil don't take this game lightly and bring their "A" game, then they should win. Hopefully they've learned enough lessons over the past few seasons.

eS7

Dec 22, 2011
Saskatchewan
Just letting you guys know I've been doing a gdt for the nucks game so no worries about that one. Will be up at midnight on game day.

I have to coach out of town right now so have the pvr set. Hate watching them recorded. I have to stay off my phone and everything and always want to fast forward if it is going badly. So I'm really hoping we score early and often this afternoon!

#ualberta
Dec 13, 2010
Edmonton
@EdmontonOilers: Horcoff out, Hordichuk in and Dubnyk starting between the pipes as the #Oilers take to the ice in Denver for pre-game warmup

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad