Boston Bruins VII-Rumors, Trade Proposals, Speculation, etc.. (rumors must have recognized source/link)

Status
Not open for further replies.

easton117

Nov 11, 2017
Way off the board. I call San Jose about Brent Burns. He’s playing way too much there on a bad team. Playing on Boston extends his usefulness by a few years just from having some depth.

Carlo slips to 3 on the depth chart and plays the pk. Burns helps the pp and maybe completes a pass to the forwards at some point in time 5 on 5.

Sure he’s expensive but Boston has what, almost 30 million in space next season? Don’t re-sign Krejci and you’ve basically made up the difference and bought 4 or 5 minutes a night in ice time for an extra half million.

Montecristo

Jul 29, 2012
Way off the board. I call San Jose about Brent Burns. He’s playing way too much there on a bad team. Playing on Boston extends his usefulness by a few years just from having some depth.

Carlo slips to 3 on the depth chart and plays the pk. Burns helps the pp and maybe completes a pass to the forwards at some point in time 5 on 5.

Sure he’s expensive but Boston has what, almost 30 million in space next season? Don’t re-sign Krejci and you’ve basically made up the difference and bought 4 or 5 minutes a night in ice time for an extra half million.

Id do it. These defensemen cant score, mcavoy included. At least burns can get his shot off before dusting off the puck for 10 minutes so the d can get in the lane

Montecristo

Jul 29, 2012
I think we need a full rebuild so I put Frederic at center as well. You got Hall, Steen and Beecher coming. Gotta let the kids play eventually. Coyle makes too much money to be the player he was in Minnesota.

is beecher even good? His offense at michigan kind of stinks. Frederic ripped it up in the big 10 and hes borderline useless offensively in the nhl 2 years later. If beecher turns into a top 6 center it might not be for 5-6 more years.

Reactions: bbfan419

easton117

Nov 11, 2017
Have you people seen Brent Burns contract and age? That would f*** this team for years.
And yet people want to sign Krejci. He won’t sign for anything less than what, 5 per? He’ll get it somewhere and he’s exactly 1 year younger than Burns.

He does have better teeth, I’ll give him that.

On a side note. There isn’t a guy on Boston who is on their entry level deal that should cost more than 2 mil per season right now to sign. They’ve got plenty of funds to play with going forward to try something off the wall.

Reactions: TCB and Gordoff

Mick Riddleton

“A day without sunshine is like, you know, night.”
Apr 24, 2017
Niagara
Have you people seen Brent Burns contract and age? That would f*** this team for years.
I checked it out, first I seen his age 36 - #1 bad thing

then I seen the contract 8 million til 2024-25 when he is 40

That's all I needed to see.

If he was 26 - Yes make it happen

If he was 30 maybe but now - no way

PS - I think they need to move Krech this year if they are out of it or just let him walk in summer.

Mantis

I am a doctah
Mar 7, 2011
Crimetown, Saskatchewan
And yet people want to sign Krejci. He won’t sign for anything less than what, 5 per? He’ll get it somewhere and he’s exactly 1 year younger than Burns.

He does have better teeth, I’ll give him that.

On a side note. There isn’t a guy on Boston who is on their entry level deal that should cost more than 2 mil per season right now to sign. They’ve got plenty of funds to play with going forward to try something off the wall.
You can sign Krejci for short deals though. He already had his big payday. Burns contract does not end until 2025.

Reactions: Dr Hook

Absurdity

light switch connoisseur
Jul 6, 2012
Offense from the defence. No team has fewer goals from their blueline than the Boston Bruins. And 2 of the 5 have come from Brandon Carlo
I think inexperience plays into it, however, I do think it mostly has to do with most of the shots the defensemen take are from the blue line. Either that, or they are used to cycle the puck back to the forwards.

Montecristo

Jul 29, 2012
Nobody currently playing in providence is the answer for this team. Not steen, not lauko, not kuhlman. Don needs to make a trade this week for a legit nhl top 6 forward. Dont care if hes a rental, dont care if he is overpaid. He needs a perennial 25+ goal scorer whos off to a good start to wake this team up. That or a very good offensive defensemen. Sliding lauko on krejcis wing and thinking that will fix the problem is stupid. They need to get better at scoring goals fast. Dont care what it costs, team needs a shake up

Montecristo

Jul 29, 2012
Coyle for Domi? According to Capfriendly, Coyle has a NMC/M-NTC, submits 10 teams he would not accept a trade to.

no way columbus isnt on that list. 99% of players with a 1 team list has columbus on it i bet. No one wants to go there

easton117

Nov 11, 2017
I checked it out, first I seen his age 36 - #1 bad thing

then I seen the contract 8 million til 2024-25 when he is 40

That's all I needed to see.

If he was 26 - Yes make it happen

If he was 30 maybe but now - no way

PS - I think they need to move Krech this year if they are out of it or just let him walk in summer.
Here’s how I look at it. You’ve gotta give to get. Now in Boston’s case, they don’t have a whole lot to give. They’ve been good for a while so the cupboards are naturally a bit thin compared to the perennial also rans of the league.

So. If we’re putting together the equivalent of the Ryder, Halak and a 2nd deals we’re usually throwing around here, then what team has a guy that they might be willing to get rid of for that price point. Enter SJ who maybe would like to get out of one boat anchor of a contract so they only have one more on the roster ((Karlsson).

Is Burns the guy he was 5 years ago? No. Do the Bruins need him to be for 3 more years? Also no. They’ve got this one and maybe one more. After that it won’t matter who is signed for 2024 cause they’re gonna be bad.

So give away two guys and a 2nd rounder that SJ will be fine with that won’t hurt you in the long run and maybe, just maybe it helps put you over the top. Will it work? I dunno. But what they’re rolling with right now won’t either. So why the hell not?

Reactions: sarge88

Helsinki city boy

Jun 2, 2019
Helsinki
I don’t get the people that don’t want Hall. He is better offensively than any player the Bruins have outside of the top line. If you prefer Ritchie/Debrusk/Kase etc... than I have to question your hockey IQ.

He is also the second best of the Sabres and look at what he has provided to the team. Zero effort and this guy should be the player who can win games by himself.

I think Hall might be a decent signing if the price is something like 5m or the trade value is max JDB, but he would need to be first liner to success. Krejci or Coyle is just not enough.

The Finnish hockey media is suggesting that Sweeney might be interested in Subban, which would be total disaster move, even if this would mean that they use Subban in the expansion draft. Currently i dont see any proble with the protections and there is no real threat that team would lost decent defenders.

Last edited:

BB88

Jan 19, 2015
I think inexperience plays into it, however, I do think it mostly has to do with most of the shots the defensemen take are from the blue line. Either that, or they are used to cycle the puck back to the forwards.

It’s just lack of offensive skills for the LD kids.
None of Lauzon/Zboril/Vaakanainen have put up points at the AHL level so really shouldn’t expect it to change at the highest level.

McAvoy is really the only 2 way Dman on the roster.

This isn’t a negative post about the defense, it just isn’t build to score

Coyle for Domi? According to Capfriendly, Coyle has a NMC/M-NTC, submits 10 teams he would not accept a trade to.

Domi would be a terrible addition.

Last edited:

BruinsPortugal

Dec 3, 2009
Portugal
Offense from the defence. No team has fewer goals from their blueline than the Boston Bruins. And 2 of the 5 have come from Brandon Carlo
A lot of that is on the forwards IMO. Its hard to score from the blueline when the goalie can see your shot coming miles away. Until the forwards on this team realise they need to crash the net they wont go far. It why we make so many backups look lile vezina winners.

Greek_physique

Caron - Legit SNIPER
Jul 9, 2004
Toronto, Ont
What do u guys think of Drouin?

This year we are technically in different divisions.

He makes about 5.5 and while hes underachieving, I think he could be really good and learn from Marchand

NDiesel

Mar 22, 2008
NWO

For what its worth, my friend is a die hard Sharks fan and he really does not like the play of Brent Burns anymore. Says all he does is get the puck on his stick in the o-zone and fire a shot no matter where he is

kdog82

Oct 6, 2002
Toronto
Visit site
Add Hall and Palmieri. Again, I’m not sure what the ask is from Buffalo/NJ but I’m pretty sure Sweeney has the assets to make it happen.

Marchand-Bergeron-Pastrnak
Hall-Krejci-Palmieri
Debrusk-Coyle-Smith
Ritchie-Studnicka-Frederic

Tradeable assets include:
1st round pick
2nd round pick
Bjork
Kase
Clifton
Vaakanainen
Hughes
Senyshyn
Steen
Kuhlman

Reactions: bbfan419

shelbysdad

Nov 21, 2006
Red Hook, NY
I don’t get the people that don’t want Hall. He is better offensively than any player the Bruins have outside of the top line. If you prefer Ritchie/Debrusk/Kase etc... than I have to question your hockey IQ.

Agree....if they don't like the potential cost or the fact of his alleged attitude issues that's ok
But talent wise its a sure upgrade

Montecristo

Jul 29, 2012
or do this. If you can’t add what is needed than get rid of some guys as you’ve noted. I’d think a team like the Avalanche would be all over a player of Krejci’s calibre and playoff experience. I bet they give a 1st for him. Perhaps even Vegas would want a player like Krejci.

sweeeney sells and hes fired. Never will happen

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad