Speculation: Video leak that Seattle has selected Kerfoot circulating twitter

Status
Not open for further replies.

banks

W W W 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16
Aug 29, 2019
travis dermott turns 25 in December how much longer does he get to keep his mythical top 4 potential?

mcann is 6 months older so does her still have 1st line potential or top 6 centre potential?

Not a bad point. I'll admit, I didn't realize McCann was so close in age to Dermott. But defencemen tend to take longer to develop. I don't think it's unreasonable to think Dermott can handle a top 4 role, since he did it here in spurts when injuries required it.

I just don't see why they would take McCann or Kerfoot when the list of available defencemen is pretty light for Seattle. If they take Tank, then they don't get Dunn. So there's Giordano, Saucy, maybe Pettersson? Maybe DeMelo, and then who? Bean? Hayden Fleury? I just don't see enough options.

Deebo

Jan 28, 2005
Toronto
Not a bad point. I'll admit, I didn't realize McCann was so close in age to Dermott. But defencemen tend to take longer to develop. I don't think it's unreasonable to think Dermott can handle a top 4 role, since he did it here in spurts when injuries required it.

I just don't see why they would take McCann or Kerfoot when the list of available defencemen is pretty light for Seattle. If they take Tank, then they don't get Dunn. So there's Giordano, Saucy, maybe Pettersson? Maybe DeMelo, and then who? Bean? Hayden Fleury? I just don't see enough options.

2 more:

Leaf Fans

Sep 29, 2017
because the original video implied they were taking Kerfoot. now there's a 2nd video surfacing that they are taking McCann (either/or).

why are they trolled? because leaf fans now get really excited about cap relief.
Yes one video had Seattle taking Kerfoot the other had Seattle taking McCann. How is that trolling? Is there a third or fourth video that we haven't seen. We don't know any more than we did before about who Seattle is taking. Some Leaf fans get excited about cap relief and the would get 600,000 more if Seattle took Kerfoot over McCann. But how is it trolling? Are you suggesting Seattle released the video. They are from ESPN's preparation- they wouldn't know who Seattle picked.

HEAVY DUTY

Thanks to denial, I’m immortal.
Jul 10, 2010
Toronto, ON
man, why did we have to get trolled. i hate it when the media/NHL uses Leafs fans to create buzz for anything hockey related.

should have known better. every other pick was not leaked except the leafs pick.

Reactions: All Mod Cons

Leaf Fans

Sep 29, 2017
man, why did we have to get trolled. i hate it when the media/NHL uses Leafs fans to create buzz for anything hockey related.

should have known better. every other pick was not leaked except the leafs pick.
We don't know if the Leafs pick has been leaked. If it has, we don't know which player it is. Poor attempt at trolling.

leaffaninvancouver

formerly in Victoria
Jan 11, 2012
Sounds like the stages of denial/acceptance to me. You're in the rationalizing and justifying stage. Spinning.

You sound like a crazy person. I'm sure some people prefer one player over the other, they might even talk about it because were on a hockey forum, but no one is in stages of grief over McCann, Kerfoot and Dermott. If you think they are, that's on you pal.

HEAVY DUTY

Thanks to denial, I’m immortal.
Jul 10, 2010
Toronto, ON
We don't know if the Leafs pick has been leaked. If it has, we don't know which player it is. Poor attempt at trolling.

true. we don't know if the video was leaked pick or just a rehearsal. either way, some sort of footage was released to the public to generate buzz. and i'm not happy they used leafs fans to do it.

93WrapAround

Jul 4, 2018
No it means they lose McCann. Reality.

Sounds like the stages of denial/acceptance to me. You're in the rationalizing and justifying stage. Spinning.

The guy is right - there's no sense looking at it as we lost McCann when Dubas did not go out of his way to keep McCann protected on our team. Dubas went out and tried to find a very close comp to Kerfoot, which he essentially did for Hallander and a 7th. Hence, in the end, we end up losing those 2 assets (Hallander + 7th) in the expansion draft, whether it's Kerfoot or McCann taken. That was in fact the intention for the trade.

And I could be wrong, but protecting McCann would have meant protecting 2 more forwards, which given the duplication of McCann (in Dubas' mind, with Kerfoot) and the lack of any other forwards worthy of protection, prompted the Leafs to value protecting a D-man instead of those 3. It wasn't a no brainer imo to protect 7 forwards.

Reactions: freshwind

leaffaninvancouver

formerly in Victoria
Jan 11, 2012
true. we don't know if the video was leaked pick or just a rehearsal. either way, some sort of footage was released to the public to generate buzz. and i'm not happy they used leafs fans to do it.

I'm not really sure they did, someone likely just filmed it and then uploaded it, the people who originally did seem like average guys who probably regret it now, I think at least of them has set their acct to private due to the reaction.

Most fanbases aren't this insane, remember when we broke Babcock signing with the Leafs because people tracked the MLSE corporate Jet?

Reactions: HEAVY DUTY

tronoleaf

Jun 8, 2021
The guy is right - there's no sense looking at it as we lost McCann when Dubas did not go out of his way to keep McCann protected on our team. Dubas went out and tried to find a very close comp to Kerfoot, which he essentially did for Hallander and a 7th. Hence, in the end, we end up losing those 2 assets (Hallander + 7th) in the expansion draft, whether it's Kerfoot or McCann taken. That was in fact the intention for the trade.

And I could be wrong, but protecting McCann would have meant protecting 2 more forwards, which given the duplication of McCann (in Dubas' mind, with Kerfoot) and the lack of any other forwards worthy of protection, prompted the Leafs to value protecting a D-man instead of those 3. It wasn't a no brainer imo to protect 7 forwards.

But in terms of talent evaluation, Dubas chose to protect Holl instead of ensuring McCann stays a Leaf.

ottomaddox

Oct 31, 2017
Toronto
Yes one video had Seattle taking Kerfoot the other had Seattle taking McCann. How is that trolling? Is there a third or fourth video that we haven't seen. We don't know any more than we did before about who Seattle is taking. Some Leaf fans get excited about cap relief and the would get 600,000 more if Seattle took Kerfoot over McCann. But how is it trolling? Are you suggesting Seattle released the video. They are from ESPN's preparation- they wouldn't know who Seattle picked.

If you want to split hairs on this sight then you've come to the right place.

All I'm saying is that the original video was misinformation. Hence the title of this thread.

Leaf Fans

Sep 29, 2017
But in terms of talent evaluation, Dubas chose to protect Holl instead of ensuring McCann stays a Leaf.
Yes, Dubas has an eye for talent. He chose to protect the defenseman over the winger, there is a small possibility we lose him.

Leaf Fans

Sep 29, 2017
If you want to split hairs on this sight then you've come to the right place.

All I'm saying is that the original video was misinformation. Hence the title of this thread.
The original video is a possibility as is the second video. For all anyone knows Seattle could have chosen Engvall.

ACC1224

Super Elite, Passing ALL Tests since 2002
Aug 19, 2002

What do they lose if Kerfoot or Dermott is chosen?
Seems silly to only apply the cost of obtaining the player to just one player.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad