Speculation: Video leak that Seattle has selected Kerfoot circulating twitter

Status
Not open for further replies.

WTFMAN99

Jun 17, 2009
gotta give the kids a shot eventually.

I 100% support that thinking.

I want to be open to Robertson and Liljegren taking jobs with a real training camp this year, we need the influx but don't want to pencil them in either because if they aren't ready, we're hurting.

themelkman

Always Delivers
Apr 26, 2015
Calgary, Alberta
Kraken's salary cap is estimated to be around $70 million for the entire roster...Kerfoot is a very good player, very versatile and showed he could perform in the playoffs...and he doesn't costs a lot of money in real dollars for what's remaining on his contract...and yes, he's still young...he'll be a good pick-up for Seattle.
Hes nothing compared to Mcann. Its not even close and that much is obvious. Its been proven they have other takes so I guess they can keep their hopes of having a good team, likely just prepped this one if TOR paid up the price.

Leaf Fans

Sep 29, 2017
Hes nothing compared to Mcann. Its not even close and that much is obvious. Its been proven they have other takes so I guess they can keep their hopes of having a good team, likely just prepped this one if TOR paid up the price.
They have paid the price- they exposed players like all the other teams have.

Azazel

Jan 2, 2016
If this was Seatle "trolling" Leafs fans, it failed. Anyone who thinks they succeeded just needs to read the first page of this very thread.

Trolling is meant to cause a stir. A mess of emotional responses. Aside from some people taking the chance to spew Dubas hate, there is no emotional reaction. Every post says things like "seems" and "Looks like" because people were speculating on information given. I don't see a huge rush of Leafs fans freaking out or even buying this as legit.

How is this a successful trolling of Leafs fans if less than 1% of fans are buying this as legit?

No emotional reaction + less than 1% buy-in = Troll failed.

themelkman

Always Delivers
Apr 26, 2015
Calgary, Alberta
If this was Seatle "trolling" Leafs fans, it failed. Anyone who thinks they succeeded just needs to read the first page of this very thread.

Trolling is meant to cause a stir. A mess of emotional responses. Aside from some people taking the chance to spew Dubas hate, there is no emotional reaction. Every post says things like "seems" and "Looks like" because people were speculating on information given. I don't see a huge rush of Leafs fans freaking out or even buying this as legit.

How is this a successful trolling of Leafs fans if less than 1% of fans are buying this as legit?

No emotional reaction + less than 1% buy-in = Troll failed.
It wasnt trolling, they were doing promotional videos for every situation. You think a massive multi million organization cares about trolling you guys?

Azazel

Jan 2, 2016
It wasnt trolling, they were doing promotional videos for every situation. You think a massive multi million organization cares about trolling you guys?
Thats why I wrote 'if'

I dont think anyone was "trolling" anyone at all.
That was kinda the point of the post.

koyvoo

Nov 8, 2014
Seeing as I don’t share your thoughts on your first thought. So we’ll go with the latter. I think hakstol and Francis see value in Kerfoot just like most intelligent hockey people do.
it’s the small town dusters and puckmagnon mouth breathers who still think hockey is just 5v5 ice brawl that don’t see value in a chippy two way Swiss Army knife.
And (...random insult..) people who still believe that toughness and compete means a team of goons.

Kerfoot is chippy, compared to who? Our two gutless fairy superstars? Sure, maybe.

My first thought, which you said you disagreed with, was “I wish”. And that’s what most people are doing here, using emotion rather than logic, and hoping Francis makes a pick which would be better for us. McCaan is the best option available to them.

Reactions: tronoleaf

Gallagbi

Formerly Eazy_B97
Jul 5, 2005
Just letting the "leaked footage" fester for a while before responding, knowing what this fanbase is like. Obviously it was the Leafs pick that was leaked. Clever on their part.
They responded yesterday to say multiple takes were done with different names.

Gallagbi

Formerly Eazy_B97
Jul 5, 2005
lol no kidding.

They just trying to cover up. You arent doing reheassals on the wrong name. So stupid
Why would they only film 1 name when a last minute trade can come up?

They may want Kerfoot, but they always needed to have multiple options recorded

It's the same reason teams will hit thr draft floor with multiple jerseys/nameplates for each pick

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad