OT: Video Games VI

Devil Dancer

Jan 21, 2006
I'm having a lot of fun with Helldivers and I'm not usually a multiplayer gamer.

My key has been to take regular breaks so I don't get over saturated.

I play about 1/3 with friends and the rest with randos, and the rando games have mostly been good. The community is decent.

usiel

Where wolf’s ears are, wolf’s teeth are near.
Sponsor
Jul 29, 2002
Klendathu
www.myspace.com
I'm having a lot of fun with Helldivers and I'm not usually a multiplayer gamer.

I play about 1/3 with friends and the rest with randos, and the rando games have mostly been good. The community is decent.
My guess is that since the game is really designed to team play it depresses generally assholeness. Had a couple of randos jump in later in the gaming night with my bro on Friday but they were fine.

Reactions: Devil Dancer

AlexBrovechkin8

At least there was 2018.
Sponsor
Feb 18, 2012
District of Champions

That’s one thing I really like, the community. Playing on harder difficulties lets you level up faster so it’s not uncommon for there to be a 40s level and a 10s level on the same mission. I’ve found that almost every time, the higher level guys play the game and help you level up. No bailing on the game or booting from the party, which I think is not common in gaming communities.

Reactions: Nice and usiel

usiel

Sponsor
Jul 29, 2002
Klendathu
www.myspace.com
That’s one thing I really like, the community. Playing on harder difficulties lets you level up faster so it’s not uncommon for there to be a 40s level and a 10s level on the same mission. I’ve found that almost every time, the higher level guys play the game and help you level up. No bailing on the game or booting from the party, which I think is not common in gaming communities.
Yeah my bro was pretty good about giving some time to get faster on the stratagems on some lower level stuff but starting going on much harder/challenging and noticed a big jump up in exp and loot.

Reactions: AlexBrovechkin8

Nice

Jan 26, 2016
Helldivers is a game I think a lot of people have been wanting. Hard to find another game to play with friends that aren't hyper competitive shooters or NHL/Madden. Last thing I wanna do after work is hop on COD and get stomped by dudes that play 8 hours a day

AlexBrovechkin8

At least there was 2018.
Sponsor
Feb 18, 2012
District of Champions
Helldivers is a game I think a lot of people have been wanting. Hard to find another game to play with friends that aren't hyper competitive shooters or NHL/Madden. Last thing I wanna do after work is hop on COD and get stomped by dudes that play 8 hours a day
Great call. It’s one of the reasons I really liked Chivalry II. COD can get f***ed — sucks logging in to wind down at the end of the day and not being able to walk 20 steps without getting smoked by someone who has the entire map memorized.

Reactions: Nice and Cappy76

Devil Dancer

Jan 21, 2006
Yeah I never play PvP.

This reminds me of the old days playing PvE Terrorist Hunt in Rainbow Six Vegas 1 & 2. That game had a great, supportive community. Lots of vets played that one.

Reactions: AlexBrovechkin8

tycoonheart

Apr 7, 2010
It’s a bit of a grind at the beginning trying to figure it out and level up but it becomes a lot of fun when you figure out the stratagems and unlock better gear and weapons. Let me know if you want to jam some time.

Will do!

I don't get into these types of games much anymore because being in my 40s and having 10 year olds yell at me is no fun (I'll never touch fortnite again) but a couple of my close buddies kept saying the game is fantastic. So wanted to give it a try.

AlexBrovechkin8

At least there was 2018.
Sponsor
Feb 18, 2012
District of Champions
Will do!

I don't get into these types of games much anymore because being in my 40s and having 10 year olds yell at me is no fun (I'll never touch fortnite again) but a couple of my close buddies kept saying the game is fantastic. So wanted to give it a try.
Yeah it’s not like Fortnite or CoD anything. As of now it’s all co-op with no pvp option so there’s really no toxicity except the occasional douche who thinks the game is his version of Ranger school. I normally play on Hard or Extreme (Difficulty levels 5 and 6 out of 9) but will hop down to the 1-3 range from time to time to help people get through quicker.

Honestly it's everything I like in a game as someone in my late 30's: clear and defined missions, time limits, not dealing with people who play 14 hours a day and will snipe you before you can find your first weapon, a decent community... it's pretty fun. I just don't have the time or patience for massive open world games anymore which sucks but it is what it is. I wish there were easier ways to earn war medals because that part is a drag trying to get new gear but generally speaking it's great.

Reactions: tycoonheart

usiel

Sponsor
Jul 29, 2002
Klendathu
www.myspace.com
HD2 enjoyable game. I've only been playing maybe once a week with my brother for a few hours. Haven't serious tried solo or going into online play. My bro is level 60 and he really knows the game so definitely helpful for the best strategems and and ship upgrades to unlock.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad