I'm Away From My Desk
Jul 17, 2007
South Jersey
Last edited:

Hollywood Cannon

I'm Away From My Desk
Jul 17, 2007
South Jersey
Regarding PS Direct drops (far and away the best method) make sure that you have a PSN account before entering the queue. You can only buy one if you have one and have you credit card information ready to go.

It's less stressful than the other drops where they're gone in one second but still pretty stressful til you get that confirmation page. I got in the queue probably five seconds after the tweet alerts went out so that's likely why it worked. If you're more than a minute you're probably out of luck.

Also, I don't believe any digital's went on sale during this drop. Add that to Walmart seemingly not selling any last drop they might not have anymore available anywhere. It might just be disc at this point.

Starat327

Top .01% OnlyHands
Sponsor
May 8, 2011
Philadelphia, Pa
Regarding PS Direct drops (far and away the best method) make sure that you have a PSN account before entering the queue. You can only buy one if you have one and have you credit card information ready to go.

It's less stressful than the other drops where they're gone in one second but still pretty stressful til you get that confirmation page. I got in the queue probably five seconds after the tweet alerts went out so that's likely why it worked. If you're more than a minute you're probably out of luck.

So they tweet it out when they're open? I guess I'm gonna have to follow and turn on notifications

Hollywood Cannon

I'm Away From My Desk
Jul 17, 2007
South Jersey
So they tweet it out when they're open? I guess I'm gonna have to follow and turn on notifications

The store doesn't themselves but others do.

Here was a good post from the other day about the matter.

********************Super Big Thanks to Hollywood!!!!!********************
Used HC twitter suggestions and got me started. Without that there was no chance. Had to sign up for twitter. Not a social media person really but did send one tweet. Maybe my last one also. Think there will be opportunities to get xbox or ps5 before Christmas. You need to be very quick and ready to go on screen.

Spent hours and days looking for PS5. There was a little heartache and lost alot of sleep. Had an order at Sams Club and my credit card was denied because of Fraud alert. Answered the text that it was not and then was sold out. This was around 12:30 AM. It happens. Called credit card company to take off fraud alert for Holidays. This is for Christmas for the kids. They didn't ask for it but will be a surprise. Ordered a bundle one from Sony Playstation 5 - antonline.com today. Don't prefer bundles and will have to sell the mature games. These go fast. They will have more but you need to be super quick. They are sold out now.
You can get one from the scalpers at stockx but go for around $1000. Just didn't want to do it. They offer a finance option also which is not that bad.

Tips:
  • Use Twitter. Have notifications turned on phone and laptop
  • Have Credit card info saved for vendor website. May have to copy and paste as a way to avoid bots
  • Try phone app and website. More people have better luck on phone app.
  • Have Multiple screens opened on laptop to different vendors and their apps on the phone (ie. Ready to go on twitter alert or autorefresh page) Remember F5 to refresh on PC. Have screen open on different tabs.
  • Think best chances are Amazon, Playstation Direct, Target, Walmart, Bestbuy, Costco, Sams Club & GameStop to get it. Think for Target , Best Buy, Walmart order online and pickup think is best option with Playstation Direct. May need to drive farther to another store.
  • Here's a link to check inventory by store PlayStation 5 Console, Blu-ray disc version - Walmart Inventory Checker - BrickSeek
  • Here's a link to check inventory by store PopFindr
  • Here's a link that will add directly the item into your basket if available for Walmart. It will go away once in basket. Pretty cool. This is for PS5 disk. Walmart. Need to refresh.
  • Signup for stock informer and telegram. It is free. Will send you stock notifications on phone. Signed up for both on web and installed app on phone. https://www.stockinformer.com
Here is who I followed on Twitter:

@Stock_Informer
@ShowtimePro4
@VideoBStie
@realpabgames
@PopFindr_
@Dubs_CP
@ChitoGaminYT
@TheSiteSupply
@PS5StockUpdates
@spieltimes
@PS5only
@videogamedeals
@PlayStation
@StephaniePankey
@Wario64
@Jake_Randall_YT
@linuswilson
@GYXdeals
@PS5StockAlerts
@Walmart
@BestBuy
@Newegg
@antonlinecom
@GameStop

Good luck

I personally follow and have notifications from @spieltimes, @PS5StockUpdates, @GYXdeals, @TheSiteSupply, and @Wario64 among other proper stores and they're usually right on it and have worked for me. @JojoTheWhale likely has some discord people that he could recommend also.

At this point PS Direct is probably your only hope of getting a system by itself the rest of the websites have turned to bundles and if they haven't they're a shitshow when they go live.

Last edited:
Reactions: Starat327

Magua

Entirely Palatable Product
Apr 25, 2016
Huron of the Lakes
3u1.gif

Magua

Entirely Palatable Product
Apr 25, 2016
Huron of the Lakes
The Clear/Blue one just hit different.

I can’t remember what Game Boy Color I had. I know I had the clear/purple Advanced.

This was my first Game Boy though, which my grandparents bought me. What a beaut. I must’ve been 3-4 years old. I have vivid memories of playing Batman: Return of the Joker on it as my first game.

37626733011917BrnH.JPG

Ghosts Beer

I saw Goody Fletcher with the Devil!
Feb 10, 2014
I had the original Game Boy. I was a killer at Bases Loaded. There was also a World Cup soccer game where 12 year old me cracked the password code so I could start as any nation at any point of the game.

Reactions: Defect

Starat327

Top .01% OnlyHands
Sponsor
May 8, 2011
Philadelphia, Pa
Another thing that popped into my head regarding PS Direct. They accept VISA, MasterCard, and Discover. So if you're going into it thinking about using your American Express or something else switch to one of those cards.

Sounds like someone wanted to put theirs on their black card and had to audible. What a tough life.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad