OT: Video Game Thread Part III

Status
Not open for further replies.

Scott04

Sep 13, 2010
New Jersey
how much for the systems? is one better than the other?

Your cheapest option, if you're not interested in paying so much for a system is to just get the PC version. Obviously you have a computer. All you would need is to buy the game itself (online/digital download/in store). But that comes down to personal preference.

yakitate304

Crunch Time
Oct 23, 2007
NY
Also for anyone who is looking forward to Bioshock: Infinite on the PC, there's a great deal on GreenManGaming.

http://www.greenmangaming.com/bundles/

pre-purchase-and-get-free-games_flat-page-img.jpg

So for $60 you get the new Bioshock, the original Bioshock (my 2nd favorite game ever), and one of those 5 games listed for free. You also get $15 of GreenManGaming credit.

lachyrm

Jun 3, 2010
This only loosely ties with videogames, but I was wondering if anyone watches NHL games via Gamecenter on their console. I've been thinking about looking into it, but I would never do it if it's a huge drop down in visual quality from actual HD broadcasting.

The highlights that you can access on there without an account look pretty muddy, which got me a tad concerned.

yakitate304

Crunch Time
Oct 23, 2007
NY
This only loosely ties with videogames, but I was wondering if anyone watches NHL games via Gamecenter on their console. I've been thinking about looking into it, but I would never do it if it's a huge drop down in visual quality from actual HD broadcasting.

The highlights that you can access on there without an account look pretty muddy, which got me a tad concerned.

It's not too bad most of the time. Not HD, but a major step up from just about any stream you'll find online, and certainly better than an SD feed. Being able to choose which broadcast team to watch is also a huge plus. I have Gamecenter - which I use on my computer, 360, and even my Android phone - as well as Center Ice. The biggest problem with Gamecenter is that the feed is generally 15-45 seconds behind the TV feed.

Zubrus Coffee Maker

Blinded by my Zubrus
Nov 14, 2008
Cobourg, ON
My be a NHL13 Be a GM mode

I cannot find a good young goalie that will be my franchise starter

My goalies, Marty Brodeur, Tim Thomas, Nicklas Backstrom, and now a 36 year old Ilya Bryzgalov

Also on the retired list Jordan Subban retired after playing 0 NHL games lol

i'm a little late to the party but THANK YOU, every time i get far in my Be a GM i always end up signing Vokoun or something on one year deals because none of my goalies get good. i destroyed (in a good way) the potential stats on Wedgewood and traded for Jake Allen, Jake Markstrom, Bernier it just never works out

Scott04

Sep 13, 2010
New Jersey
Surprised Bernier didn't work out. Not that its the way it always pans out, but at the start of year 3 in the online GM Connected League from this board, Bernier was an 86 overall. And thats only with playing a dozen games in year 1, and playing 0 in year 2 (RFA and I had zero money to give him the $4+ mil a year he wanted. Only offered the tender and that was it). Not exactly 90+, but that should be pretty solid, especially since i imagine he would improve slightly more than he did for me if he were to play for you at least.

lachyrm

Jun 3, 2010
It's not too bad most of the time. Not HD, but a major step up from just about any stream you'll find online, and certainly better than an SD feed. Being able to choose which broadcast team to watch is also a huge plus. I have Gamecenter - which I use on my computer, 360, and even my Android phone - as well as Center Ice. The biggest problem with Gamecenter is that the feed is generally 15-45 seconds behind the TV feed.

Appreciate that. If 360 had NFL as well, I would seriously think about cutting my ties with cable altogether.

yakitate304

Crunch Time
Oct 23, 2007
NY
Appreciate that. If 360 had NFL as well, I would seriously think about cutting my ties with cable altogether.

Also, you can rewind at any time which is awesome. When you watch it on your computer, the timeline at the bottom actually has a marker for each shot and goal, so you can jump right to them. It's a really slick viewer and I actually prefer watching on the computer over the TV a lot of the time.

Zubrus Coffee Maker

Blinded by my Zubrus
Nov 14, 2008
Cobourg, ON
Surprised Bernier didn't work out. Not that its the way it always pans out, but at the start of year 3 in the online GM Connected League from this board, Bernier was an 86 overall. And thats only with playing a dozen games in year 1, and playing 0 in year 2 (RFA and I had zero money to give him the $4+ mil a year he wanted. Only offered the tender and that was it). Not exactly 90+, but that should be pretty solid, especially since i imagine he would improve slightly more than he did for me if he were to play for you at least.

i play most of the games in a season and by year 4 he maxed out at an 82, but still wanted 6 million a year

SteveCangialosi123

Feb 17, 2012
NJ
Playing some original xbox splinter cell: chaos theory..it's better than a lot of 360 games I'm lovin it. The best splinter cell IMO.

Scott04

Sep 13, 2010
New Jersey
i play most of the games in a season and by year 4 he maxed out at an 82, but still wanted 6 million a year

Strange. I don't remember what he started out as in the online league, so maybe he started out higher than that. We likely started with something around the default rosters, as it was definitely during the lockout. Maybe things were adjusted a bit with a later roster update that you may have used? Or maybe its just crazy luck on my end.

BomaLightDevils

Jan 15, 2011
Copenhagen
GM con PS3 members?

Anyone interested in joining a league with about 10 members and the teams are equal. We are just started season 3.

We are looking for some steady members who love to actually play NHL13:)

Zubrus Coffee Maker

Blinded by my Zubrus
Nov 14, 2008
Cobourg, ON
Strange. I don't remember what he started out as in the online league, so maybe he started out higher than that. We likely started with something around the default rosters, as it was definitely during the lockout. Maybe things were adjusted a bit with a later roster update that you may have used? Or maybe its just crazy luck on my end.

it could be, for a while i couldnt log online so i used the default rosters of the time, several times. i think it was before christmas, i dont know how updated that is though.

also, protip on be a gm, get Kulikov right away. no reason not to because he is rediculously undervalued in the game. Tedenby + 3rd gets it done almost every time. theres something wrong with the way the game rates young D, because its so hard to not just trade Greene, Tallinder and some picks and snag Fowler and Sbisa

yakitate304

Crunch Time
Oct 23, 2007
NY
Just picked up Bioshock: Infinite. I haven't been this excited for a game in years.

It's getting nearly perfect reviews.

I got it for PC (glorious PC gaming master race) at greenmangaming.com because they had a sick deal:

-Bioshock Infinite
-Bioshock 1
-XCOM: Enemy Unknown (89 rating on Metacritic - 30-50 dollar value)
-Choice of (Bioshock 2, Spec Ops: The Line, Mafia II, Darkness II, Civilization V)
-Choice of $15 towards greenmangaming games or $14 cash back

I took the bolded ones. So I ended up getting all three Bioshock games, plus XCOM Enemy Unknown, for a total of $46. Pretty insane deal especially since I loved Bioshock 1 but only rented it for 360 at the time, never played Bioshock 2, and have wanted XCOM for a while.

DatBoyJPP

Good Night
Jul 30, 2009
Blairstown
Pretty good start to Bioshock. Like the other ones it looks like it will take 3-4 playthroughs to get all the achievements and I'm ok with that

Saugus

Ecrasez l'infame!
Sponsor
Jun 17, 2009
Connecticut
It's getting nearly perfect reviews.

I got it for PC (glorious PC gaming master race) at greenmangaming.com because they had a sick deal:

-Bioshock Infinite
-Bioshock 1
-XCOM: Enemy Unknown (89 rating on Metacritic - 30-50 dollar value)
-Choice of (Bioshock 2, Spec Ops: The Line, Mafia II, Darkness II, Civilization V)
-Choice of $15 towards greenmangaming games or $14 cash back

I took the bolded ones. So I ended up getting all three Bioshock games, plus XCOM Enemy Unknown, for a total of $46. Pretty insane deal especially since I loved Bioshock 1 but only rented it for 360 at the time, never played Bioshock 2, and have wanted XCOM for a while.

XCOM is a really good game. Spec Ops is amazing, but you can only play it once really. If you haven't played it yet, I won't spoil why you can only play it once.

But that is a great deal. Civ V would have tempted me too.

DatBoyJPP

Good Night
Jul 30, 2009
Blairstown
So 3-4 hours in Bioshock and here's a quick list of people that are going to complain this game is offensive;

Christians, blacks, jews, French, interracial couples, Chinese and Indians. Missing anything? :sarcasm:

ScottyK

Hi, I'm mat.
Aug 28, 2008
West of Chicago
Finished Infinite about 20 minutes ago...my brain is numb...AMAZING game...even better ending.

I urge anyone who plays it...don't speed through...take in EVERYTHING. Don't skip over any of the recordings....they make the end that much better.

DatBoyJPP

Good Night
Jul 30, 2009
Blairstown
I don't think I've missed any recordings yet. Usually my favorite part of the Bioshock game is collecting them. Not sold on the story so far but it is picking up.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad