OT: Video Game Thread: Part 3

Status
Not open for further replies.

PHILOUDELPHIA

Feb 29, 2012
South Jersey NJ

same thing is happening to best buy. Either it's down on purpse them waiting for the 17th, or it's down due to all of the world trying to pre order it.

i can't believe it feels like 2006 when i was standing in line number 7 at best buy in the plymouth meeting mall parking lot for 13 hours overnight , just standing there. Thankfully my friends brought me 10 red bulls, 4 coffee's and stood in my place as I had to piss many times.

Hollywood Cannon

I'm Away From My Desk
Jul 17, 2007
South Jersey
I will, but thats if I can get it.

getting the pre order is the hardest chance.

I noticed best buy just changed there site, but the ps5 section is still down. my guess waiting till tomorrow, hopefully midnight

I would be spamming refresh on Amazon whenever that goes live. It might be your “last” chance here tonight.

Best Buy went live a while ago and is likely sold out, but I could be wrong. I got tired of it pinwheeling when I was hitting “checkout” and not going anywhere.

I jumped over to GameStop and was able to, I think, get one of the bundles. It looks like those are sold out now too.

Target sold out.

Walmart sold out, but mentioned having more later this week.

PHILOUDELPHIA

Feb 29, 2012
South Jersey NJ
I just hope they don't pull the whole okey doke and cancel even if you do have a confirmation number.

Playstation suprisingly is now sending 60 planes to the USA all with ps5's on board.

The largest shipment ever. Hope it will be enough to cover demand. but will see.

not only do people want it to play. they want it to sell on ebay for 12,000

Reactions: Chinatown88

PHILOUDELPHIA

Feb 29, 2012
South Jersey NJ
there is only 1 chance hopefully.

playstation sent me a private opportunity.

if selected they will have a pre order special for PS plus members before General public.

I just pray my name is selected

Reactions: Rebels57

FLYERSFAN18

May 31, 2008
Pennsylvania
Glad I decided to get an Xbox instead of PS5, I don’t want to be sweating it out. I’m thinking preordering the Series X should be easier, but we will see.

Reactions: Striiker

PHILOUDELPHIA

Feb 29, 2012
South Jersey NJ
i noticed best buy just changed there website

they have the PS5 on a new page that has digital and regular ps5 side by side with a yellow tag to pre order for each choice.

it isn't yellow yet to try and preorder, just says coming soon.

I wonder if it will go yellow at midnight or sometime tomorrow

PHILOUDELPHIA

Feb 29, 2012
South Jersey NJ
every site is crashing.

Best buy does show PS5 now available to pre order, all coming soon tabs are now yellow active to pre order.

problem with is clicking to add to card, each time an error pops up unable to load to cart.

Walmart, I read those that were successful, are being cancelled by walmart.

Same thing on amazon.

As of now, I will just have to wait who knows how long.

PHILOUDELPHIA

Feb 29, 2012
South Jersey NJ

I actually got it in the cart, got to the checkout on best buy.

then as I hit checkout. it crashed.

then i noticed on twitter, it happened for many others, some waiting for 2 hours to checkout.

now this morning. the cart is empty.

and they have grayed out the add to cart for a ps5, even bundles are greayed out.

i was going for a bundle, the double storage option.

I recomend if any of you get the digital ps5, you get the double storage.

the addititonal storage will be an external hard drive. But it will increase your storage to 2 TB

Cody Webster

Jul 18, 2014
I actually got it in the cart, got to the checkout on best buy.

then as I hit checkout. it crashed.

then i noticed on twitter, it happened for many others, some waiting for 2 hours to checkout.

now this morning. the cart is empty.

and they have grayed out the add to cart for a ps5, even bundles are greayed out.

i was going for a bundle, the double storage option.

I recomend if any of you get the digital ps5, you get the double storage.

the addititonal storage will be an external hard drive. But it will increase your storage to 2 TB
You could probably just buy your own external hard drive for a lot less money, but don't quote me on that.

Reactions: Defect

Hollywood Cannon

I'm Away From My Desk
Jul 17, 2007
South Jersey
I might just go to Xbox,

not much attention is there.

I might just say FU to playstation.
The same attention will likely be there when the time comes.

I somewhat expect Microsoft to handle this entire thing better. Sony went from saying “we won’t just spring the pre-order on you guys” to “pre-orders will start on September 17th at midnight” to “f*** it, we’ll do it live.”

Although that’s more of a retailer issue than Sony.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad