OT: Video Game Thread: Part 3

Status
Not open for further replies.

Amorgus

Sep 22, 2017
Rochester NY
Glad you stuck with it. It's a great game.

Now check back when you collect all 500 korok seeds. :laugh:
Good god no! I freed the Guardians and am now now stockpiling arrows and looking for armor upgrades before going to the castle. I've gotten half the shrines and have like 22 heart containers.

CutOnDime97

Too Showman
Mar 29, 2008
So is there no where you can get a pre-order for a PS5 or new Xbox right now?

If so, any info on the next batch?

Swic21

Jan 8, 2012
Canada
I was thinking about getting NHL this year but I’m in between, what major differences are there from last year? I’ll have to look into it lol
I’ve gotten NHL every year since 04. This years game does feel a little better, animations are much better and the game feels more smooth. That being said, not trying to offend in anyway, but if money is tight, wait till Christmas. It’s a fun game, but not different enough from NHL20. I’m a Franchise mode guy, and did like a few of the changes, but still similar. Not to mention the lack of player likeness drives me nuts. Tk is an all star, the guy can’t get his actual face in the game lol? Yet they have the most random faces. Just a pet peeve of mine.

Reactions: Rebels57 and Defect

MorgantiDrinksBlood

Dec 26, 2011
Tokyo, Japan
I’ve gotten NHL every year since 04. This years game does feel a little better, animations are much better and the game feels more smooth. That being said, not trying to offend in anyway, but if money is tight, wait till Christmas. It’s a fun game, but not different enough from NHL20. I’m a Franchise mode guy, and did like a few of the changes, but still similar. Not to mention the lack of player likeness drives me nuts. Tk is an all star, the guy can’t get his actual face in the game lol? Yet they have the most random faces. Just a pet peeve of mine.

Yeah a lot of the games EA sports put out for any franchise seems to be extremely similar every year. I use to mostly just play club with friends that was pretty much all I did. I usually start a franchise but once I start dominating the highest difficulty I start getting a bit zzzzz lol. I mostly play call of duty these days as a lame as that sounds, haha.

Swic21

Jan 8, 2012
Canada
Yeah a lot of the games EA sports put out for any franchise seems to be extremely similar every year. I use to mostly just play club with friends that was pretty much all I did. I usually start a franchise but once I start dominating the highest difficulty I start getting a bit zzzzz lol. I mostly play call of duty these days as a lame as that sounds, haha.
Ya I hear you there. I play the away games, and sim the home games. So even if I win 90 percent of my played games, I won’t win nearly as much as the simmed games so it levels out.
But little tidbit from the new game, I signed Pietrangelo to a 1 year 5.5 million dollar deal. Idk how it worked, but it did.

Reactions: Defect

MorgantiDrinksBlood

Dec 26, 2011
Tokyo, Japan
Ya I hear you there. I play the away games, and sim the home games. So even if I win 90 percent of my played games, I won’t win nearly as much as the simmed games so it levels out.
But little tidbit from the new game, I signed Pietrangelo to a 1 year 5.5 million dollar deal. Idk how it worked, but it did.

You should be the Flyers GM, fire fletcher :naughty:

Reactions: Swic21 and Defect

Lord Defect

Secretary of Blowtorching
Nov 13, 2013
Basically waiting till the day of because f*** giving EA pre-order data :).
When it comes to sports games, I don’t think they care about pre order data. They have years of history for day 1 purchases and Christmas purchases to fall back on.

SolidSnakeUS

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Aug 13, 2009
Baldwinsville, NY
When it comes to sports games, I don’t think they care about pre order data. They have years of history for day 1 purchases and Christmas purchases to fall back on.

I think it does matter to them, because investors and such will look at pre-order numbers as part of the whole idea of "Is what we're doing good and right?" with stuff like Madden and FIFA. Especially with Madden getting hardcore panned.

While 2K is full of shit, I still hope they make another hockey game at some point.

Amorgus

Sep 22, 2017
Rochester NY
There was so much random crap and upgrades I probably could've farmed for ny last night I said "Screw it. Let's see if I can get to Ganon." Hour and a half later I'm watching the end credits. In the end there were many fantastic things about the game but I wish Ganon wasn't basically Sauron and had no personality. I don't find a speechess miasma that compelling a villain.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad