OT: Video Game Talk (oh, also the Week before the All-Star Break Pre-Game Talk "archive")

sethro109

🏒 🎮🏈🇺🇸🍻
Sponsor
May 3, 2011
Centennial, CO
I finished Like a Dragon Infinite Wealth (Yakuza 8). It was a blast all the way through. My only gripes are that none of the new mini-games were as fun as the Kart racer from Yakuza 7 and some of the party members join too late into the story. I can't wait to see what they do with these characters next.

And I'm still hopeful for a Judegment 3 at some point. It would really suck if we never see Yagami again.

henchman21

Mr. Meeseeks
Sponsor
Feb 24, 2012
I don't want to pay full price for Yakuza right now because I know I won't be able to full get into it for a while, so I restarted Cyberpunk. Upgrades they've made are very noticeable.
Yeah if it came out today like this, it would have rave reviews. Still some quirks, but fantastic

sethro109

🏒 🎮🏈🇺🇸🍻
Sponsor
May 3, 2011
Centennial, CO
Been playing Persona 3 Reloaded, it's been really fun so far. Not quite as good as Persona 4 Golden, or Persona 5, but still a really good, really solid JRPG.

I'm a little annoyed that you need to do 2 playthroughs to get the true ending, but I think 5, before the Royal version came out was like that too. I never played the base version of 4, so I'm not sure about that one.

Amazing value if you got gamepass.

Reactions: The Merchant

UncleRisto

Not Great, Bob!
Jul 7, 2012
Finland
The original Star Wars Battlefront and Battlefront II are coming to PS5 in March. Now that's the kind of thing that I got a PS5 for.

TruePowerSlave

Jun 27, 2015
Wonder how long the current triple A development strategy will last, especially with the rising costs. 100M+ to develop and 5+ years to get it out is not a sustainable business model for most companies.

AI will most likely take over the industry in the not too distant future.

Avs91

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Nov 3, 2013
Wyoming
The original Star Wars Battlefront and Battlefront II are coming to PS5 in March. Now that's the kind of thing that I got a PS5 for.

I just picked up the BFII remaster on Xbox last night for $10 bucks, graphics aren't going to blow you away lol but damn, the game still holds up

UncleRisto

Not Great, Bob!
Jul 7, 2012
Finland
I just picked up the BFII remaster on Xbox last night for $10 bucks, graphics aren't going to blow you away lol but damn, the game still holds up
The new version? Or has the original been out on the Xbox? I have the new one, too. It's quite alright.

Reactions: Avs91

Mooserton

Oct 4, 2013
Colorado
I know Starfield wasn’t well received (and for good reasons) but I still think it’s a good base and will be made better with expansions and mods. My biggest issue was the lack of variety in points of interest which will definitely be addressed plus the lack of survival mode which I find essential in BGS games and that’s already listed as coming as well.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad