OT: Video Game Talk (oh, also the Week before the All-Star Break Pre-Game Talk "archive")

Freudian

Clearly deranged
Jul 3, 2003
Dragon's Dogma was absolutely nuts in a good way. One of my favorite gaming experiences of the last decade. Me and my pawns, climbing on monsters stabbing them in the neck. Good times.

Reactions: The Merchant

Ceremony

blahem
Jun 8, 2012
Wait. Does it really say we moved there in 96?
That's what the commentator said when the first game I played at home started.

In other news I'm doing one of the HUT moment things and playing on a difficulty that isn't semi-pro and I can't actually touch the puck.

sethro109

🏒 🎮🏈🇺🇸🍻
Sponsor
May 3, 2011
Centennial, CO
That's what the commentator said when the first game I played at home started.

In other news I'm doing one of the HUT moment things and playing on a difficulty that isn't semi-pro and I can't actually touch the puck.
Did they not even bother to fact check? And shouldn't Pounder have known better when he was recording the line?

Bender

Sep 25, 2002
For any of you who might enjoy simulations, I've been playing the football version of this game and decided to try the hockey version a few weeks ago (it's free and web-based) :

You can customize it and change the team names and add the real logos if you so choose.

Reactions: The Moops

GeoRox89

Nov 16, 2013
Fires of Mt Doom
"Welcome to Denver Colorado a team that moved here in 1996"

Good start.
Solid EA commentary. If you play FIFA/FC, you can have a grand time hearing about how you have a chance to clinch the title during every single remaining league game after you’ve won even if you’ve already had the trophy presentation

Ceremony

blahem
Jun 8, 2012
Solid EA commentary. If you play FIFA/FC, you can have a grand time hearing about how you have a chance to clinch the title during every single remaining league game after you’ve won even if you’ve already had the trophy presentation
Since then we've had Patrik Elias' name pronounced wrong (like Elias Pettersson, rather than Eliash which it should be because there's an accent over the s) and one of the 3v3 HUT modes being first to 3 wins... but if you make it to overtime it's NEXT GOAL WINS! and HE SCORES THE GAME WINNER IN OVERTIME!!!!!!!! before play resumes.

GeoRox89

Nov 16, 2013
Fires of Mt Doom
Since then we've had Patrik Elias' name pronounced wrong (like Elias Pettersson, rather than Eliash which it should be because there's an accent over the s) and one of the 3v3 HUT modes being first to 3 wins... but if you make it to overtime it's NEXT GOAL WINS! and HE SCORES THE GAME WINNER IN OVERTIME!!!!!!!! before play resumes.
Sounds about right. I’ve known a few people who were developers for EA out of Vancouver and well it doesn’t surprise me how much junk that company puts out. I still like playing manager mode in FIFA/FC though. It’s the only way I‘ll ever see Forest hoist a major trophy (not counting ones before I was born)

Bender

Sep 25, 2002
For any of you who might enjoy simulations, I've been playing the football version of this game and decided to try the hockey version a few weeks ago (it's free and web-based) :

You can customize it and change the team names and add the real logos if you so choose.
My owner is kind of an asshole :

pretty-good.jpg

asshole.jpg

Ceremony

blahem
Jun 8, 2012
I won my first Threes tournament after a lot of putting up with people who would rather loose puck deke with two men on him than pass the puck. I don't even care I had to rely on a Minnesota fan to do it.

NHL 24_20240201164906.jpg

• Haha

SaltySkywalker

Bushes of Love
Jul 15, 2016
Tatooine
Dragon's Dogma was absolutely nuts in a good way. One of my favorite gaming experiences of the last decade. Me and my pawns, climbing on monsters stabbing them in the neck. Good times.

Did you say this because of the news of the 2nd game coming out? I hadn't even heard of Dragon's Dogma until this morning but the 2nd game has piqued my interest for sure.

mack74

Sponsor
Feb 24, 2023
Kamloops, BC
Playing NHL 24 goalie be a pro mode last night. Was in the year 2027 and joined the Avs in free agency. Mikko had left in free agency and signed with Philly, and Kaprizov signed with the Avs. The top line was Kaprizov, Mac and Nuke, it was disgusting, they all finished the season over 100 points.

expatriatedtexan

Habitual Line Stepper
Aug 17, 2005
I just finished the Batman series. Took me forever to wrap up Arkham Knight because I hated the driving mechanics. Been putting off the last two or so hours since before Thanksgiving.

I'm torn between starting the Dragons Age (got the series bundle on steam) or Cyberpunk. Any suggestions? I will eventually get to both, but is one more "must play" than the other?

Biggest problem with the steam sale is how quickly you can accumulate titles. I'm finally catching up on the backlog and these are the only two series I've left untouched. Until the next sale.

Mooserton

Oct 4, 2013
Colorado
Halo Infinite added a new map with a hallway that gives everyone in it active camo and it’s a pretty fun gimmick map. Definitely elicits Combat Evolved vibes.

Also Mk IV is peak:
1706886627800.jpeg

Ad

Latest posts

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad