Proposal: Victor Rask for Another Underperforming Forward

Big Daddy Cane

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Feb 8, 2010
Western PA
Carolina needs a shakeup up front. Rask is a trade candidate. 25 year old center locked up through 21-22 at a $4 mil cap hit. Scored 45 points in 16-17 and 21 goals in 15-16. He has some upside in the right situation. A kick in the pants that a trade would provide may be beneficial for him. Skating is his issue. I don't know if it's a case of him getting slower or an offensive funk that is accentuating his skating issues, but he hasn't looked right dating back to January 2017

Only preference is for it to be term and money neutral at worst. Basically, someone other than Milan Lucic.

Alberta_OReilly_Fan

Bruin fan since 1975
Nov 26, 2006
Edmonton Canada
Carolina needs a shakeup up front. Rask is a trade candidate. 25 year old center locked up through 21-22 at a $4 mil cap hit. Scored 45 points in 16-17 and 21 goals in 15-16. He has some upside in the right situation. A kick in the pants that a trade would provide may be beneficial for him. Skating is his issue. I don't know if it's a case of him getting slower or an offensive funk that is accentuating his skating issues, but he hasn't looked right dating back to January 2017

Only preference is for it to be term and money neutral at worst. Basically, someone other than Milan Lucic.

if im boston… I probably dangle danton Heinen. a responsible 2 way winger that was in that 45 point range last year but has struggled through some sophomore jynx this year

boston needs the natural depth at center more than a lw where our depth chart is choking itself

saves Carolina some cap hit and gives you that shakeup you were seeking. as a bruin fan... I probably use rask as insurance while I attempt to trade krejci next year. I need one of my 3 kid center prospects to step up sooner rather than later but it can be a bumpy ride even when you got 3 of them in the system... having a guy like rask to bounce between the second and third line as a holeplug wouldn't be the worst thing for us

Legend123

Jul 3, 2016
if im boston… I probably dangle danton Heinen. a responsible 2 way winger that was in that 45 point range last year but has struggled through some sophomore jynx this year

boston needs the natural depth at center more than a lw where our depth chart is choking itself

saves Carolina some cap hit and gives you that shakeup you were seeking. as a bruin fan... I probably use rask as insurance while I attempt to trade krejci next year. I need one of my 3 kid center prospects to step up sooner rather than later but it can be a bumpy ride even when you got 3 of them in the system... having a guy like rask to bounce between the second and third line as a holeplug wouldn't be the worst thing for us
Heinen needs to prove his decent rookie season wasnt a fluke

Alberta_OReilly_Fan

Bruin fan since 1975
Nov 26, 2006
Edmonton Canada
Heinen needs to prove his decent rookie season wasnt a fluke

if heinens rookie season wasn't a fluke... we probably don't move him for rask. but if his rookie season was a bit fluky I would also say his current season is very snake bit

hes a good little 3rd line winger who plays a decent defense and has enough skill to move up into the top 2 lines when injuries hit.

I think for Carolina one of the big selling points is moving a 4 mill 35 point guy for a guy that would make around 1/2 that cap hit and play the same type of 2 way hockey

greasysnapper

Apr 6, 2018
Rask seems like the ultimate bounceback candidate. Just watching him play, he has a decent skillset. He's not a world beater but Rask as a contenders 3rd line center makes so much sense. He'll be the new Lars Eller, book it.

Someone mentioned Boston, that's a great spot for Rask.

Reactions: ManwithNoIdentity

wej20

Aug 14, 2008
UK
If he struggles the rest of the season, an offseason swap with Bryan Rust?

Isles72

Feb 27, 2002
Canada
in the offseason I had proposed a Cizikas--Rask swap but Cizikas has turned things around a bit with Trotz guiding the ship. Isles have a enough pricey bottom 6 guys already so idk if it adding another one in Rask makes sense if the cost is a prospect

HaNotsri

Regstred User
Dec 29, 2013
Rask for Patrik Berglund+conditional 2020 2nd - becomes the Sabres 1st this year if we make the playoffs?

ManofSteel55

Aug 15, 2013
Sylvan Lake, Alberta
I'd like to give him a shot in Edmonton, but I don't think we have the right type of piece to offer up in return. He'd be a better bottom six C than Spooner and it would let us run Brodziak on the bottom line all the time. Spooner is probably the guy we would need to offer up.

alg363636

Boo
Apr 25, 2014
Washington, DC
Rask could be a good fit in Boston - confusing to watch though.

I think Heinen or Bjork would be good candidates but cap might be an issue since they are both on ELCs. Could Carolina retain at all on Rask?

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad