Prospect Info: Victor Mete

Status
Not open for further replies.

Kobe Armstrong

Jul 26, 2011
It's nice having a player with London again forsure, by far the easiest junior team in NA to watch.

Redux91

I do Three bullets.
Sep 5, 2006
Kirkland, Montreal
Seems like a decent skater, kind of looks like a 5"10 sergachev lol

really glad we fixed that awful leak at LD prospects,

its hard to believe what we could of done with those 2 2nd rounders...

Doc Hock

Apr 1, 2002
www.
guess what sleepy head

in 2017 we have three second rounders and in 2018 we have two second rounders

guess you'll just have to be patient

:)

Doc Hock

bcv

My french sucks.
Sep 18, 2010
guess what sleepy head

Doc Hock

I think it's the other way around.

NotProkofievian

Nov 29, 2011
guess what sleepy head

Doc Hock

???

We have two second rounders in 2017, and they'll likely be lower picks than we had this year. The Shaw/Eller deals, taken as a whole, were a huge flop for us. Nothing but lost time and value.

googlymoogly

Oct 27, 2007
???

We have two second rounders in 2017, and they'll likely be lower picks than we had this year. The Shaw/Eller deals, taken as a whole, were a huge flop for us. Nothing but lost time and value.
We have our 2nd, Washington 2nd, and Chicago 2nd.

KevSkillz4

Apr 11, 2016
2017 : 2nd round MTL and 2nd round WSH.
2018 : 2nd round MTL, 2nd round WSH and 2nd round CHI.

Darz

Sep 22, 2002
Where's the ANY key?
Visit site
???

The value of the pucks is not know yet. 55 in the 2018 draft may be better than 45 in this years draft. Depends on the draft.

Also I think those selection we got from Washington and the one from Chicago will be trading chips over the next two seasons, whereas we can give up a 2nd rounder in trade and still not be without a selection in that round.

Hey if you wanna feel better about it, look at it this way. It was Josh Gorges and a 2nd we gave up for Shaw.

NotProkofievian

Nov 29, 2011
The value of the pucks is not know yet. 55 in the 2018 draft may be better than 45 in this years draft. Depends on the draft.

Lets think about this logically. On any given year would you trade a second in that year for a year in the next year? Lets say it's the year 2050. Knowing nothing else, you'd have to answer no. Why? The rest of the NHL is making picks, and those players are developing. Meanwhile, your asset has done nothing. In order for the trade to be fair, you'd have to be compensated so that you had more than just a second round pick in the next year.

Now lets add back what we do know. We know that we had high picks this year. We also know that Washington and Chicago are premier teams. Unless the draft next year is way stronger there's just no way to expect that a player selected later in the 2nd in the next year will be so much better than the players available to us this year to compensate for the extra year (on average) in development time, and rank quality.

Also I think those selection we got from Washington and the one from Chicago will be trading chips over the next two seasons, whereas we can give up a 2nd rounder in trade and still not be without a selection in that round.

Hey if you wanna feel better about it, look at it this way. It was Josh Gorges and a 2nd we gave up for Shaw.

We haven't made a 2nd round selection since 2013. We need to start giving Timmins something to work with again, especially given how terrible Bergevin has been in terms of attracting top talent.

I don't want to look at the trade that way, either. I want to look at it as assets in vs assets out. We clearly lost.

ottawa

Nov 7, 2012
Orléans/Toronto
Have you ever heard about Mete?
But seriously I would heavily target one of the left handed defenseman of the flyers.
Mainly Sanheim would is down their Ghost and Provorov on their depth chart.

Isn't he our most recent draftee? what's he like?

Legend123

Jul 3, 2016
Victor Mete comparables

Watching Victor Mete playing in the top pairing of a stacked team in London makes me think he was a big steal of the draft. He looks alot like Tyson Barrie. Is any other habs fans impressed by him?

Teufelsdreck

Sep 17, 2005
Watching Victor Mete playing in the top pairing of a stacked team in London makes me think he was a big steal of the draft. He looks alot like Tyson Barrie. Is any other habs fans impressed by him?

I haven't seen him but one or two commentators said he was a steal in the draft. Let's wait and see.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad