Prospect Info: Victor Mete

Status
Not open for further replies.

BaseballCoach

Dec 15, 2006
Should be converted to forward due to his size. Has the speed and hands to be good NHL forward but too small on backend. Would make good point on powerplay though

It's an option, but given his age, he still has the chance to get a bit thicker and stronger, so no need to rush this decision.

Uncle Gary

Apr 12, 2014
Care to elaborate? Any points, impressive sequences, or rushes? I'm genuinely intrigued because I'm pretty high on him!

IMO he was London's best D-Man this game. He is FAST. Like really. Scored the game winning goal with a nice snipe with less than a minute left in regulation. He was good in both zones putting up a couple assists as well. His size didn't really seem to hinder him much, which is good to see.

Redux91

I do Three bullets.
Sep 5, 2006
Kirkland, Montreal
He has a Dan Boyle feel.

Ohhh me likey

yeah mete has done nothing but impress honestly, since the vids of him after he was drafted, all the camps and now the start to his ohl season

theres definitely something there.. that speed is incredible..

Im really glad we got at least 1 piece of that london knights factory of players last year, theyre a goldmine lo

NobleSix

High Tech Low-Life.
Apr 20, 2013
CyberSpace
www.ilovebees.co
Kitchener Rangers 4 London Knights 5 (Final)

Victor Mete - one goal (4), two assists - GWG

IMO he was London's best D-Man this game. He is FAST. Like really. Scored the game winning goal with a nice snipe with less than a minute left in regulation. He was good in both zones putting up a couple assists as well. His size didn't really seem to hinder him much, which is good to see.

Nice! Much appreciated. I live in London at the moment so I should actually make a point of seeing a few Knights games. Haven't gone since McCarron was on the team.

Scintillating10

Jun 15, 2012
Nova Scotia
His game is all about elite skating, his shot is seen to be weak for a defenseman, his size at NHL will be hard to overcome. Maybe someday be interesting to watch him paired with Weber though. :handclap:.

After the draft TT talked about Hunter using Mete in key defensive situations in close games. He will never be the big crease clearer because of his size, so he has to rely on good body and stick positioning to break up zone entries and rushes.

MarkovsKnee

Global Moderator
Nov 21, 2007
Toronto
I'm really hoping we got a steal in Mete and he turns into the next Brian Rafalski.

It would help our prospect and defensive depth a lot. Simon Bourque is also looking pretty interesting right now.

With those 2 guys, Juulsen and Sergachev I have less concern over our D prospects. McNiven and Lindgren are excellent goalie prospects.

Need to get some centers now.

Habs Halifax

Loyal Habs Fan
Jul 11, 2016
East Coast
I think he may fit well with Weber in like 3 or 4 seasons from now. Who needs a shot when your partner is Weber? Weber needs someone with speed and smart with the puck.

Mete / Weber
Serga / Petry
Beaulieu / Juulsen

John B

Nov 19, 2016
IMO if Mete makes the NHL it will be as a third pair guy that gets PP minutes. It's possible he's higher up the depth chart than that, but because of his size I just don't know how much he will be used in defensive situations. He looks good defensively in the OHL (I've seen him play a few times this year), but NHLers are much bigger and stronger than OHLers. It will be interesting to see how he develops and how much muscle he can add. The issue is lack of size and if he will be able to overcome it at the NHL level.

NobleSix

High Tech Low-Life.
Apr 20, 2013
CyberSpace
www.ilovebees.co
IMO if Mete makes the NHL it will be as a third pair guy that gets PP minutes. It's possible he's higher up the depth chart than that, but because of his size I just don't know how much he will be used in defensive situations. He looks good defensively in the OHL (I've seen him play a few times this year), but NHLers are much bigger and stronger than OHLers. It will be interesting to see how he develops and how much muscle he can add. The issue is lack of size and if he will be able to overcome it at the NHL level.

I'd be lying if I said that his size does not worry me a bit in relation to his NHL potential, but I look at Ryan Ellis (albiet he was a top 15 pick) It is definetly possible for a sub 6 foot dman to be successful in the NHL. Hopefully he can find a way to overcome his lack of size because he is a good prospect.

I wouldn't be opposed to seeing what he can do at the forward position either.

Deebs

There's no easy way out
Feb 5, 2014
Mete, to me anyways, is a Tyson Barrie clone. A 2nd pairing D man with powerplay potential written all over him.

lamp9post

Jan 28, 2007
I think he may fit well with Weber in like 3 or 4 seasons from now. Who needs a shot when your partner is Weber? Weber needs someone with speed and smart with the puck.

Mete / Weber
Serga / Petry
Beaulieu / Juulsen

Whoever plays with Weber needs to be good defensively as Weber will be out against the other team's top players. It is not enough to simply be a good skater. That is why Beaulieu failed beside Weber - he's just good enough defensively to play against other teams' best players.

Asamu

Aug 24, 2010
Saguenay
Let's not hurry Mete. Let him prove himself eventually in the AHL and we'll see. His team is so talented that his stats are kinda inflated although he got a heck of a good year similar with Juulsen.

His size is my only ? . Is he as heavy on his skates as a Francis Bouillon? I wish him to stay healthy for his whole pre NHL career.

euhchepas

Jan 16, 2015
Let's not hurry Mete. Let him prove himself eventually in the AHL and we'll see. His team is so talented that his stats are kinda inflated although he got a heck of a good year similar with Juulsen.

His size is my only ? . Is he as heavy on his skates as a Francis Bouillon? I wish him to stay healthy for his whole pre NHL career.

yes London is still a good team but they lost Marner, Dvorak and Tkatchuk. It's not a Memorial cup team anymore

le_sean

Oct 21, 2006
Puck possession is a key to team success and the best way to get possession is to get to the puck first, which is where Mete has huge value. You can't have a team with a D corps entirely like him, but players like Mete can find success in the right situation. Hopefully he keeps progressing.

FrankMTL

Jan 6, 2005
Hopefully he makes Team Canada as I would love to see him play. London fans are raving about him. A player with that type of speed can be very useful in today's NHL.

Whitesnake

If you rebuild, they will come.
Jan 5, 2003
Hopefully he makes Team Canada as I would love to see him play. London fans are raving about him. A player with that type of speed can be very useful in today's NHL.

He will have to destroy the camp. Look at who is there and I don't see room for him at all. Contrary to Juulsen who, I think, just need to not be awful, he needs to be fantastic. And show that his size won't be a problem.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad