Rumor: Victor Mete has requested a trade.

Kraken Jokes

May 28, 2010
He had some shaky moments but I'd give him another game against Vancouver to get a rhythm before going back with Kulak. I'd also keep him on the left side and Romanov on the right.

Reactions: Holystik

Belial

Oct 22, 2014
Montreal
He's had a decent game considering he hasn't played since the summer. He saved a sure goal after Price bobbled the puck.

The goals against were on Romanov and Kotkaniemi.
He has no future on this team IMO. I don't see the point in playing him apart from showcasing him for a trade

Holystik

Nov 17, 2018
Mars
He has no future on this team IMO. I don't see the point in playing him apart from showcasing him for a trade
Depth.
Mete-Fleury(or Toilette to an extent) serve 2 different roles. Good to have them both in case of 1 or 2 injuries on D happen.

Mete costs under 1M$ and we already have 14 picks for next draft... keep him. Too bad for him. He should see some games anyways.

Last edited:

Belial

Oct 22, 2014
Montreal
Depth.
Mete and Fleury serve 2 different roles. Good to have them both in case of 1 or 2 injuries on D happen.

Mete costs under 1M$ and we already have 14 picks for next draft... keep him. Too bad for him. He should see some games anyways.
Kulak was playing just fine if you really want to go with a rotation and use everybody they should scratch Romanov tonight and insert back Kulak.

Holystik

Nov 17, 2018
Mars
Kulak was playing just fine if you really want to go with a rotation and use everybody they should scratch Romanov tonight and insert back Kulak.
If one has to and will be more affected as 7th D it'll be Mete. Sitting Kulak or Romanov once in a blue moon doesn't bother me much as of right now.

So a game here and there and wait for injuries. If not, well too bad.

Reactions: Runner77

sandviper

No Ragrets
Jan 26, 2016
Toronto
Based on what I heard, as the game was blacked out for me, was that Mete got better as the game wore on. Can’t say I’m surprised as last night was his first game. Until he gets his timing back, if there was a time to insert him into the line-up, it would be this week given the expected level of competition.

habergeon

Apr 15, 2015
Things got kinda sour quick. Young guys used to be a little more patient especially when you arent a star. Wonder if Poehling does same thing next.

I like Mete, I really think he should stay patient and just wait for his opportunity. He is not in our top 6, but that could change in a hurry.

Regarding the above comments, I'm sorry....when you come out publicly like that you are trying to put pressure on an organization. You have to answer for that. It would be different if they went to Bergy privately and it "leaked" out, then it looks like you are taking the high road. This, to me, is a cop out.

ZUKI

I hate the haters...
Oct 23, 2003
montreal
Mete didn't play a single game for 6 months. What kind of game did you expect from him ? He was rusty, that's it

Deebs

There's no easy way out
Feb 5, 2014
Mete didn't play a single game for 6 months. What kind of game did you expect from him ? He was rusty, that's it
He played the exact same way he always has, nothing has changed. He creates rushes with his speed but nothing comes from it and he's weak in his own end. He's a 7th D man on our team, maybe with another he could get into the lineup for them.

Reactions: azcanuck

azcanuck

Jan 14, 2014
chandler az
Guy was trying to be Bobby Orr last night except all he can do is skate. Not much hockey sense, zero shot and no hands.

Just proved he's a spare part on this team.

Natey

GOATS
Aug 2, 2005
Give him another game with Kulak.

Romanov could sit for a game or two.
Romanov should never sit when we have the PP that we do.

I thought Mete looked decent. Some fantastic rushes, great speed, some bad defensive plays, got pushed off forwards too easily. Pretty much same old story. Which to me is fine. I think he's a capable 4-6 defenseman right now.

HABNIKO

Jun 29, 2015
Montreal
Mete has been struggling for several years already.
The fact that Kulak and Romanov are ahead of him tells the entire story.
Mete has potential and needs to be playing therefore I would trade him to a team that can and will use him.
I don't mind the return I just want him to be happy

Galaxydoggystyle

Jul 4, 2019
Mete has potential and needs to be playing therefore I would trade him to a team that can and will use him.
Who cares if hes happy or not he signed a contract with the Habs and has an obligation to finish the contract he signed. Too many players these days demanding trades from star players to average players this is turning into the NBA and its quite annoying. I think MB did the smart thing and just said no to trading him. Mete needs to learn that with a shortened season and every game being even more important then usual that injuries will most likely happen because the intensity of every game has gone up.

montreal

Go Habs Go
Mar 21, 2002
www.youtube.com

we aren't in the business of making people happy, we are here to win and finally has a team that can hopefully compete for a cup so we need to do what's best for the Habs not Mete.

but struggling for several years? no way.

2017-2020- 171 games - +27

that leads all Hab blueliners and is 2nd OA on the team behind Danault.

NHL Stats

the problem has been the lack of offense but,

'17-'18 - 7 pts in 49 games (.14 ppg)
'18-'19 - 13 pts in 71 games (.18 ppg)
'19-'20 - 11 pts in 51 games (.22 ppg)

so his ppg has improved every year, not by a lot but still is showing signs of progression which is what you want from a 19 to 21 year old defensemen.

It's been rumored that several teams have reached out to MB on Mete, so if he's been struggling for years, why would teams be interested? The same was said a few years ago about Leks when MB said something along the lines of he's one of the players team asked about the most or something to that effect.

To me these 2 are solid NHLers that are underrated because of their shortcomings (no pun intended) and in other parts for their lack of size on what has been for many years known as a smurf team.

thewall

Jul 9, 2010
Mete for Brannstrom? seems like he's in DJ Smith's doghouse. But also if he can't crack that Sens lineup... Brannstrom was highly projected in his draft year.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad