Confirmed with Link: Victor Mete Claimed by Ottawa Senators

Jesker

May 8, 2010
Montreal
I guess Mete asked to get out for real. No reason why you would lose him for nothing other than that.

And stop comparing Kulak and Mete. Kulak is better in every aspect and actually played super well partened with Petry on stints, last one being in playoffs last summer.

Kulak is not the problem, nor is Mete (or losing him). Every D corps has some Kulak as 5 or 6 D. Mete had OK stints but seemed regressing more than anything and his strenghts aren't good enough to compensate his weaknesses. I wish him the best.

Reactions: Walrus26

Kairi Zaide

Unforgiven
Aug 11, 2009
Quebec City
Team can't skate. Desperately need a PMD. Waive the following d-man because he couldn't cover for a rookie's risky and poorly assessed plays.
527ae068fb.png

Brain genius.

beowulf

Not a nice guy.
Jan 29, 2005
Ottawa

Which is what I figure but this team is not going deep in the playoffs and if MB starts giving up decent assets for a stop gap dman the team will continue to go in circles. This current situation goes back to his stupid move of trading Sergachev for Drouin...ugh.

Reactions: habsfan891

Lafleurs Guy

Guuuuuuuy!
Jul 20, 2007
I guess Mete asked to get out for real. No reason why you would lose him for nothing other than that.

And stop comparing Kulak and Mete. Kulak is better in every aspect and actually played super well partened with Petry on stints, last one being in playoffs last summer.

Kulak is not the problem, nor is Mete (or losing him). Every D corps has some Kulak as 5 or 6 D. Mete had OK stints but seemed regressing more than anything and his strenghts aren't good enough to compensate his weaknesses. I wish him the best.
Kulak is trash.

montreal

Go Habs Go
Mar 21, 2002
www.youtube.com
Mete is worst than Kulak.

NHL Stats

they are the same in terms of ppg, Kulak shoots more and can score slightly better, Mete's +30 in 185 games tops all Habs blueliners, if you go by more then 1 season it's not even close. So if he's so terrible, you would think over 4 years with some really bad Hab teams that he wouldn't be so much higher then all the other Hab blueliners.

TesseractPrice

Aug 1, 2019
I reckon Buffalo will take him, if not Anaheim, Detroit or Ottawa

His struggles are very visible on the ice but I think he does a lot of things well

I don't like this one bit, shedding away depth when our D is already bad enough

Reactions: Tyson

Whalers Fan

Go Habs!
Sep 24, 2012
Plymouth, MI
Mete on waivers... What a joke ? They now lost (I am forecasting that he's gonna be picked) BOTH Juulsen and Mete for sweet nothing. At best, Mete could be sent down to Laval where Bouchard might try salvage his career.
Mete has to pass through waivers before he can be sent down to Laval. If no team claims him, you have your wish.

Archijerej

Jan 17, 2005
Poland
Assuming we're getting a defenceman, was this even necessary from a roster management point of view? Can't we keep 8D?

Treb

Global Flanderator
May 31, 2011
Montreal
Which is what I figure but this team is not going deep in the playoffs and if MB starts giving up decent assets for a stop gap dman the team will continue to go in circles. This current situation goes back to his stupid move of trading Sergachev for Drouin...ugh.

I agree to disagree on our PO chances if people get healthy for the PO.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad