Confirmed with Link: Victor Mete Claimed by Ottawa Senators

Grate n Colorful Oz

Hutson Hawk
Jun 12, 2007
Hockey Mecca
I'd be surprised if he clears.

But whether he's claimed or not, Habs could remove his entire $735K off the cap. So this does give you the sense a deal is in place.

David Ettedgui said yesterday that Habs are interested in Ryan Murray, but that Devils would need to retain. New Jersey is playing today. So it will be curious to see if Ryan Murray is held out of the line-up.

Lol if NJ picks-up Mete and play him with PK.

Jul 6, 2016
And both are nothing players... What's to be upset about

t the beginning of the season, they sacrificed Juulsen to keep Mete... Juulsen has more potential and talent than Mete, and he is now at AHL level recovering from some kind of unknown injury.

Reactions: Sterling Archer

Treb

Global Flanderator
May 31, 2011
Montreal
Somebody will pick him up.

And I’d rather we waive Kulak. Who are we going to put there? Ouellette? I mean it’s brutal.

It’s nothing but waiver wire fodder on the left for us. So bad.

Pretty sure we may be acquiring someone. No reason to waive Mete if not.

Deebs

There's no easy way out
Feb 5, 2014
t the beginning of the season, they sacrificed Juulsen to keep Mete... Juulsen has more potential and talent than Mete, and he is now at AHL level recovering from some kind of unknown injury.
Neither player are everyday NHL'ers. It's no big deal, we move on.

angusyoung

Back in the day, I was always horny!
Aug 17, 2014
Heirendaar
Somebody will pick him up.

It's easy when you got the right people doing their job!

images

Archijerej

Jan 17, 2005
Poland
Why? He is surely going to be claimed. Are we making a trade for a defenceman? We couldn't afford to keep him on the roster for close to a league minimum?

Is the management really surprised that he's not able to carry a pairing with Romanov, while playing on his off-side? Well, good luck with Leskinen filling that role.

Reactions: Grate n Colorful Oz

Jul 6, 2016
He is not, and even if you think he is, Kulak isnt a NHL dman and hes a finishes product. Mete is 22 and still has a future in the NHL.

Mete is AHL material at best. Turn the f***ing page !

Jul 6, 2016
Why... Mete value is surely extremely low but he is also a upgrade on a few of team 7th D with being young and cheap with significant NHL experience...

Would be surprise if we lose him...

To bad we rush and than we weren’t able to send him to the AHL because we played him in to many NHL game before he was ready...

Darn right !

beowulf

Not a nice guy.
Jan 29, 2005
Ottawa
Dumb move yet again. I would not be surprised if someone picks him up and who then will replace him?

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad