Player Discussion: Victor Hedman

Status
Not open for further replies.

J T Money

Biggest Bozo
Jan 21, 2016
I think he's pretty ideal representative to our fanbase.

He's been approaching Matt Watson tier lately with his hyper-selective stats and statements. Seems he does his best to shit on anything Tampa related.

JoVel

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jan 23, 2017
He's been approaching Matt Watson tier lately with his hyper-selective stats and statements. Seems he does his best to **** on anything Tampa related.
Those were some good times. I'm still getting a few laughs out of our ol' friend Matty every now and then when I remember him. I'm glad he was around here for a while but even happier that he wasn't around for any longer.

Hoek

Legendary Poster A
May 12, 2003
Tampa, FL
Those were some good times. I'm still getting a few laughs out of our ol' friend Matty every now and then when I remember him. I'm glad he was around here for a while but even happier that he wasn't around for any longer.
We really miss his years of experience in the sport.

Bolt 45

Oct 19, 2015
Oh, poor Mr. Watson. I can honestly look back and say that I at least made some effort to be nice to him. But something must've really set him off, because as far as hating our guts he sure went from 0-60 in a hurry, didn't he?

What was it he didn't like us doing? Trash talking Sustr or something? Blaming the refs? I vaguely remember arguing with him and insinuating that Vegas' SCF run was proof that the league was rigged, and moreover that a certain level of gambling-related fixing had always gone on thanks to dirty refs like O'Hallaran, but I was only being, like, at the most, 94.5% serious.

VoluntaryDom

Formerly DominicBoltsFan / Ⓐ / ✞
Oct 31, 2016
Tampa FL
He's been approaching Matt Watson tier lately with his hyper-selective stats and statements. Seems he does his best to **** on anything Tampa related.
lmao

every other thread is either im a tampa homer or i hate the bolts. its so funny. wow calling kucherov a top 10 arguably top 5 player is shitting on anything tampa related

JoVel

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jan 23, 2017
What was it he didn't like us doing? Trash talking Sustr or something? Blaming the refs?
He didn't like many things but the ref blaming was the biggest. I mean I f***ing hate all the whining around here about refs every single game but he was on another level. If a poster mentioned in a civilized manner that he disagreed with a call he'd go "I have been a ref for years and almost made it to the NHL as a ref so I know what I'm talking about so shut the f*** up with the crying." Every single GDT.

Reactions: Bolt 45

JoVel

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jan 23, 2017
lmao

every other thread is either im a tampa homer or i hate the bolts. its so funny. wow calling kucherov a top 10 arguably top 5 player is ****ting on anything tampa related
You're just confusing. One day you're calling Point a top 5 player in the league and the next day you're saying we should trade Tyler Johnson for Trevor van motherf***ing Riemsdyk.

Lightning1995

May 16, 2016
Hedman is playing really well right now. Maybe not quite to last years level right now. But he has to carry Girardi most of the time which I think limits his game a bit.

Once he’s paired with Stralls again permanently he will take off IMO.

DFC

Sep 26, 2013
NB
Hedman is playing really well right now. Maybe not quite to last years level right now. But he has to carry Girardi most of the time which I think limits his game a bit.

Once he’s paired with Stralls again permanently he will take off IMO.

There's also just no need for him to dominate on a nightly basis like he did at the end of 16/17, when he was trying to will us to the playoffs (with Kuch).

Hedman's having a good, quiet year. I expect him to take over when we need him to. Or when he feels like it. We've seen it here and there this year.

Foppberg

Nov 20, 2016
Summerside, PEI
Hey guys, just curious on what's going on with Hedman? I've noticed he isn't really putting up the points that he usually does. Is he more in a defensive role? Still dealing with a nagging injury?

Good luck this year fellas

DFC

Sep 26, 2013
NB
Hey guys, just curious on what's going on with Hedman? I've noticed he isn't really putting up the points that he usually does. Is he more in a defensive role? Still dealing with a nagging injury?

Good luck this year fellas

His minutes are down and he missed a few games. And he's no longer our only defenseman capable of putting up points, so we just don't need him to carry the load that way.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad