Player Discussion: Victor Hedman

Status
Not open for further replies.

AndreRoy

Jan 3, 2018
Maybe I could if I knew even the slightest about baseball.

Imagine multiple people voting against Gretzky for the HoF. Also imagine that Gretzky had been well on his way to a Hall of Fame career as a goalie before switching to center.

Reactions: JoVel

DFC

Sep 26, 2013
NB
I think he's top 10 for sure. I'm not sure that he's the best defenseman in the league, even as the reigning Norris winner. Not sure he's top 5, but I don't think it's crazy either.

There really are no perfect defesemen in this generation. Maybe that's because the game is beginning to lean back toward speed and offense, but you see the warts on pretty much everybody from time to time, these days, in a way that didn't really happen in Chara, Pronger, and Lidstrom's primes. ...Well, in Lidstrom's case, he'd probably be the perfect defenseman in any era.

But anyway. We're lucky to have him.

Sky04

Jan 8, 2009
This guy is sneezing points but he hasn't been dazzling offensively and his defensive game this year underwhelming. Very reminiscent of his season 2 years ago when he had 72 points in 79 games but was shaky on his own end.

I mean it's the regular season so whatever, but Hedman needs to bring it this playoffs if we want to win - he doesn't get much flack for it cause Stamkos/Kucherov took most of the blame but he was also disappointing last playoffs especially in the caps series.

PatrikBerglund

May 29, 2017
Why doesn't Hedman produce more on a stacked offensive team like Tampa?

And why does he only play like 21-22 minutes most games?

JoVel

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jan 23, 2017
I thought our forwards only scored because of Hedman? The main boards have misled me.
While that is true, Hedman also would be a 20 point bottom pairing defenseman if not for our forwards carrying his point totals.

Reactions: DFC and Rschmitz

Shoresy Snipes

Give yer B's a T ya T F'r
May 6, 2017
I thought our forwards only scored because of Hedman? The main boards have misled me.
Nah, nah, nah. Heddy is only even able to gas up his Range Rover to even GET to the home games because of the conspiratory and evil tax advantage here in Tampa. (Miami/FTL, Dallas, Vegas, but no need to mention those)
Otherwise, he's just a healthy scratch half the games or so.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->