Player Discussion Victor Bartley

Status
Not open for further replies.

beowulf

Not a nice guy.
Jan 29, 2005
Ottawa
So Bartley was recalled but Habs management didn't know he was injured so then recalled Ellis instead. Habs management really have no idea what the hell is going on do they. Time to leave the foxhole MB.

It is embarrassing how this team is being managed. I don't know what is worse anymore the on ice play or the off ice crap.

montreal

Go Habs Go
Mar 21, 2002
www.youtube.com
I don't see how this was managements fault, it sounds like the reporter got it wrong as Bartley has been playing and has really helped improve the IceCaps defense since it also has allowed Ellis to go back to his natural RD position but now he'll likely have to go back to playing LD.

jaffy27

From Russia wth Pain
Nov 18, 2007
Orleans
Gilbert is probably done in the NHL.

This team messed up with Tinordi.

Is a team always responsible if a first round pick is a bust and if so, why?

How did they mess up Tinordi? How come Tinordi is not excelling in Arizona?

Weise was misused his entire career, came to Montreal and found success because he was properly used, why is Tinordi not doing the same if given a chance?

Tyson

Mar 1, 2007
Texas
Nice to see that Bartley can actually play at this level. Tinordi still can't crack the Arizona line up while Bartley appears to be able to play.
Perhaps MB deserves kudos for getting an NHL return on a player who may never be able to crack an NHL roster regularly.

I have no issues with what I have seen from Victor Bartley. Always good to have a couple of western Canadian boys in the line up

HankyZetts

Twi2ted
Mar 16, 2004
Nice to see that Bartley can actually play at this level. Tinordi still can't crack the Arizona line up while Bartley appears to be able to play.
Perhaps MB deserves kudos for getting an NHL return on a player who may never be able to crack an NHL roster regularly.

I have no issues with what I have seen from Victor Bartley. Always good to have a couple of western Canadian boys in the line up

Agreed. I like the way Bartley plays.

Habs100

Nov 6, 2013
Would be nice if Bartley, Barberio, Pateryn, and even Ellis could render Emelin and Gilbert expendable. That would free up 5 million on the cap and we may be able to get an asset for Emelin.

MarkovsKnee

Global Moderator
Nov 21, 2007
Toronto
Would be nice if Bartley, Barberio, Pateryn, and even Ellis could render Emelin and Gilbert expendable. That would free up 5 million on the cap and we may be able to get an asset for Emelin.

Gilbert is UFA and is good as gone. That leaves Emelin.

Leon Lucius Black

Nov 5, 2007
I didn't expect much from him but he's actually looked pretty decent.

Wouldn't mind seeing him back next year as a #7 D or help for the AHL.

Chili

En boca cerrada no entran moscas
Jun 10, 2004
With the recent injuries on the blueline, and they happen all over the league too, it's good to have guys like Bartley in your organization.

BBQ Chicken Alert!
Feb 20, 2003
Ottawa
Not bad, certainly has showed better than Tinordi ever has....at least he doesn't look like he wants to fold himself into the fetal position whenever the puck is on his stick like his predecessor

montreal

Go Habs Go
Mar 21, 2002
www.youtube.com
NHL return? Bartley is an UFA that isn't going to be back.

how do you know he won't be back?

I didn't expect much from him but he's actually looked pretty decent.

Wouldn't mind seeing him back next year as a #7 D or help for the AHL.

He's been good in the AHL for sure, so I hope he's back even if it's just for the IceCaps as they will need a vet back.

Pompeius Magnus

May 18, 2014
Kanata ,ON
I've been reasonably impressed with him, although I'll admit my expectations were real low. Might have some decent third pairing/dept potential. He's a bit like a thicker version of Gorges.

donghabs98

Oct 14, 2010
Halifax
I've been reasonably impressed with him, although I'll admit my expectations were real low. Might have some decent third pairing/dept potential. He's a bit like a thicker version of Gorges.

I was thinking of Gorges as well when I was watching him play. If he allows Gorges's career path I certainly wouldn't mind that. Few thought much of Gorges when he was first acquired after all and it took a while before he hit his peak.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad