NHL: ViaPlay

Finnpin

"internet"
Oct 10, 2005
Helsinki
Premier League, Champions League, SEL-2

You get som Golf and Formula 1 too if you're interested in that
Not bad at all...sounds like a good deal if you like the other stuff too... and Sweden needs F1 driver to make it interesting ;)

Joe MacMillan

Aug 10, 2005
Helsinki
Stupid to bring that bugg out in the open, as soon as Viaplay finds out about its existence, it will be fixed and thus no more free NHL for anyone. I have used it for 1-2 years now, saving me alot of money.

There is a way to watch games on the GCL without subscribing to viaplay?

Franck

eltiT resU motsuC
Jan 5, 2010
Gothenburg
I think I'll try it for a month and see how I like it. It's a shame you can't have sports only, as I don't really feel like watching movies that came out 3 years ago :laugh: Seriously, their selection of movies is absolutely awful.

They had over 2500 films in their archive when I looked and in my quick browse I found like 30 films I'd like to see. It's not a great selection, but you aren't getting it for the sake of the films anyway. Look at it this way, you get to see a lot of film each month for the price of one new Blu-Ray film.

In my own opinion I think the NHL alone is worth the monthly cost, the Champions League, Premier League and the films is just a big bonus. Of course it stings that regular GCL is cheaper, but what can you do?

Swedish playmaker*

Really? It just says "Unauthorized access" for me if I'm not logged onto Viaplay before going there.

Yeah so? Just log on before u click it. I havent had an active subscription during the last year.

take a peek

Mar 4, 2007
So I signed up for viaplay.

The stuff on live now works fine...golf and such/tv+moviesas well...

When I link to game center and go the the calender and try to watch previous games I am having issues.

1) cannot watch anything from last nights games. My understanding is most are there 6 hours later as adevertised, its been at least 12.

2) I can watch some of the games from before that, some others no. Also if i cick on a game and it comes up and is playing then switch games, either nothing happens or soemtimes switches but game does not play.

----so----

1) Is it sometimes glitchy with previous games?

2) Will I only be able to access previous games regularly from this day forward (the day I registered)? and am I just getting lucky being able to access some of the previous games)?

3) Do the games actually appear usually 6-8 hours later? (ideally I would like to watch next morning as my schedule allows...and really not hyped on watching games 1-2 days later.

3) ---unrelated--- if i just keep subscribing do they continue gamecenter package into playoffs or do I have to pruchas something seperate?

thanks a heap.....any other sens/van fans up in here?

joe89

Apr 30, 2009
^
There must be something off with the service right now. I watched last night's games this morning(the games are instantly archived, no waiting time), but right now there's nothing starting. Yes GameCenter carries through the playoffs aswell.

Rosmo

Jun 20, 2013
Yup, same here.

I found a little workaround that works, requires some html knowledge.
First get chrome or ff with firebug, next get to the gamecenter and rightclick day 19.5 (may not june) and choose inspect. On bottom of browser search for "title="5/19/2013" onclick="DP_jQuery_1371752700512.datepicker._selectDay('#date-picker',4,2013, this)" and just replace bolded 4 with 5. After that just click 19.5 on the calendar and you are good to go.

Or

Torrent is easier, just type nhl june 19 to any torrent search page.

topliner967

Dec 14, 2011
Northern Europe
Is it because they want people to watch the games live on viasat hockey or what? Don't know why they would show the first 2 games of the final though if that was the case. Has it been like this previous seasons as well?

Thanks for the workaround Rosmo, I'll give it a try when I have the chance.

JJTT

Jan 18, 2013
Oulu
Creates dedicated hockey channel, favours re-runs of old games ahead of draft. :facepalm:

I e-mailed finnish version of viaplay about this last year and they told rights to show the draft were really expensive and not worth it because of lack of viewers.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad