VI. Texas Stars (AHL) Discussion

Status
Not open for further replies.

Bluesoma

Jan 31, 2013
The lines are almost like they're constantly jumbled.

Looks like Henderson is on Faksa's line, G. I think Petersen is with Peters-Guptil.

Bluesoma

Jan 31, 2013
I'll say this, I like OKC's commentators. The old guy color guy really knows the game and seems to know the kids that just came in.

BigG44

Jul 12, 2007
Faksa has some wheels. Labrie almost iced the puck, luckily it died, but even though Faksa didn't get there he started flat footed at center ice and really just took off. Got to top speed pretty quickly it seemed.

Bluesoma

Jan 31, 2013
Faksa has some wheels. Labrie almost iced the puck, luckily it died, but even though Faksa didn't get there he started flat footed at center ice and really just took off. Got to top speed pretty quickly it seemed.

That's something has surprised us when he came in this year and last. For his size and all the talk of being a two-way guy and such, it seems almost no one mentions his speed.

BigG44

Jul 12, 2007
Owen thinks Faksa might have played his way onto playoff roster. I hope he's right.

Willie has options.

Bluesoma

Jan 31, 2013
Looks like Faksa and Stransky has started getting chemistry. Maybe my dream of the Czech Out Line is coming true!

I think Faksa did play his way on. After that first period of his first game he's been stout and looked very comfortable out there.

Bluesoma

Jan 31, 2013
Wow Nihlstorp....wow....

Something has had to happen to Nihlstorp in the last few months or something because god damn he's become aggressive.

BigG44

Jul 12, 2007
Wow Nihlstorp....wow....

Something has had to happen to Nihlstorp in the last few months or something because god damn he's become aggressive.

What? You get nervous when your starting goaltender charges into the slot and dives head first?

:sarcasm:

Bluesoma

Jan 31, 2013
What? You get nervous when your starting goaltender charges into the slot and dives head first?

****....I've done it a few times myself.

Just doesn't seem very like Nihlstorp.

Maybe he got inspired by when Jack did it during a shootout.

BigG44

Jul 12, 2007
I see Sean Shapiro worked out the waiver stuff for the post season. It's as I expected. Sceviour, Jeffrey, and Mueller all require waivers. Nemeth is free to join.

I agree with Sean that Jeffrey and Mueller will both go on waivers, but Sceviour will not. Those two are UFA's. Teams would jump at the chance to land Sceviour with a new 2 year contract.

Hulak seems to be the lead candidate for Sceviour's spot. He's played there more than most. Troock won't really have a chance to prove himself.

Hedden-Dowling-Ritchie
McKenzie-Morin-Hulak
Jeffrey-Mueller-Glennie
Henderson-Faksa-Stransky

Until those 2 are back

Ranford/Petersen/Guptill-Peters/Petersen-Glennie

I still kind of hope if they they can send Jeffrey down ... they don't. That's silly to say because how good that Jeffrey-Mueller-Glennie line has been, but Ranford has been good with them as well. Plus ... maybe Guptill could step in on LW

Bluesoma

Jan 31, 2013
I would say it's 50-50 Troock plays Saturday. More likely if Texas wins tonight and can get the Kilpatrick Trophy.

That line up is definitely what I'd expect also.

I'd say Dallas keeps Jeffery up for insurance. Though that won't matter if Dallas gets knocked out (or Texas).

BigG44

Jul 12, 2007
I'd say Dallas keeps Jeffery up for insurance. Though that won't matter if Dallas gets knocked out (or Texas).

Oh I don't think there's any chance Mueller or Jeffrey come to Texas before Dallas is out of the playoffs. I just hope when that happens ... they still don't assign Jeffrey back to Texas. I'd rather see Guptill, Ranford or others get that spot.

BigG44

Jul 12, 2007
Probably going to hell for noticing this ... but I keep seeing it over and over and over again.

OCK's advertisements from left to right say, "National Oilwell Varco Love's Sexual Assault."

It's very distracting on the ice.

BigG44

Jul 12, 2007
OK ... Guptill's skating frequently gets complemented from what I remember, but Faksa looks faster. Guptill just hooked a guy and went for a ride through center ice. I don't know if he's not skating or just not fast.

Bluesoma

Jan 31, 2013
That....was really close. Think it was Nihlstorp's stick that caused the bottle to pop up.

Bluesoma

Jan 31, 2013
OK ... Guptill's skating frequently gets complemented from what I remember, but Faksa looks faster. Guptill just hooked a guy and went for a ride through center ice. I don't know if he's not skating or just not fast.

It's because Guptill is lazy!!!! (I'm only partially joking).

Bluesoma

Jan 31, 2013
Great shift by Dowling's line and good job by Wrenn to clear the guy out in front of Nihlstorp.

Also it looks like Stransky has been hitting the skating mill hard. He's looked improved the last few games.

Bluesoma

Jan 31, 2013
Henderson scores putting in a rebound from a Vause shot.

Perfect answer to Barons starting to goon it up. Nice to see that ghost of the Blazers still remain in OKC.

BigG44

Jul 12, 2007
Bailing on this game. American Idol is on.

Let me know Blue if 3rd is worth checking out on replay. Thanks.

Bluesoma

Jan 31, 2013
Stars Win! Best record in AHL now. Third period was penalty ridden and Nihlstorp kept them in.

I'd say you could skip the third G.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad