Confirmed Trade: [VGK/VAN] Brendan Leipsic for Philip Holm

SpaceCowboy

Feb 2, 2012
Couldn't agree more. I think based on Holm walking end of year based on his work load this year, I think this is a great move. At first gut reaction was frustration not getting a pick, but they would have probably only gotten a 5th, maybe, for him at best. Not bad at all to get a young RFA.

Hansen

tyler motte simp
Oct 12, 2011
Nanaimo, B.C.
Entirely the Canucks fault that there is flight-risk for Holm. He looked better than MDZ in pre-season except for a couple bad shifts (which MDZ has had consistently all year himself)

DudeWhereIsMakar

Bergevin sent me an offer sheet
Apr 25, 2014
Winnipeg
I knew Leipsic was going to get traded, but thought it'd be to Arizona. Didn't think his value was that weak either.

I've just heard that Leipsic has QUITE the attitude which is why Nashville and Toronto got rid of him, but the trade makes sense considering Green coached him in Portland. Must mean Petan could be Vancouver bound.

WetcoastOrca

Jun 3, 2011
Vancouver, BC
Holm looked awful in preseason. I would have liked to have seen him given more of a chance to play with Vancouver but he looks like one of those guys who will only ever be a depth NHL defenseman or a higher end AHL guy. With how bad the team is though he should have been given a few games just to be sure.

M2Beezy

Objective and Neutral Hockey Commentator
May 25, 2014
So we added a 2019 4th rounder to Vegas???? Is this true??????? Why :rant:

Tage2Tuch

Because TheJackAttack is in Black
May 10, 2004
CAN
Leipsic misses shots? Canucks fans will love him. (Missed shots are a big constant with that club) according to a lot of people I know.

Please Vancouver, take EVANDER KANE....we'll take Eric Gudbranson at this point.

Well not actually but you get the idea

Reactions: Canadian Canuck

PetterssonSimp

Dec 12, 2008
A couple of Triple A players traded for each other! Well this makes my prediction of the Canucks doing absolutely nothing false, now doing anything impact to the lineup, I’m still fairly on point

dman34

May 6, 2011
The offensive output from our group of defencemen is the lowest in the NHL.
Holm had 30 points in 42 games in Utica - 4th in overall team scoring.
Not saying Holm is the next EK, he's far far from it. But way to deal from a position of strength there Jimbo!!!! :sarcasm:
Didn't even give the guy a chance. Our management group is terrible.

derriko

Mar 7, 2009
Las Vegas
I like this from Vancouver’s POV. Leipsic is talented, though he may be part Swedish as he has no Finnish. Heh. Heh.

I have personally seen a player develop a scoring touch, so it’s a good reclamation project for a rebuilding Van team.

For those Nuck fans that see Ottawa here and there, he is Ryan Dzingel to a T. Great puck skills, and superb speed that gets him scoring chances, he just can’t hit the net for the life of him. Questionable hockey IQ as well.

Upside is what Dzingel is doing this year imo. 40 point depth scoring winger. Not a bad player to have. Can slide up and down the lineup.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad