Confirmed with Link: VGK Trades Brad Hunt & 2019 6th Rounder to MIN for 5th Rounder (Choice of 2019 MIN/WAS)

IceNeophyte

Nov 14, 2017
maxresdefault.jpg

CupInSIX

My cap runneth over
Jul 1, 2012
Alphaville
Wait till Wolves fans find out there's a bunch more 20 year old prospects for them to develop next season. :laugh:

Zykov is not eligible to be sent down. If he leaves the roster, he is gone. This is because he has already been placed on waivers enough times.

? He can go back on waivers and get assigned to the AHL as far as I know.

mundyc3

May 17, 2017
Las Vegas, NV
Wait till Wolves fans find out there's a bunch more 20 year old prospects for them to develop next season. :laugh:

? He can go back on waivers and get assigned to the AHL as far as I know.
Once claimed off waivers twice, if put on waivers again he will be sent to his original team if cleared (Carolina). He under no circumstance can go to the Chicago Wolves this season.

IceNeophyte

Nov 14, 2017
That's not what CBA article 13.22 says.

If Zykov is on the Vegas roster for 30 days, Carolina would not be able to claim and assign him to AHL (And would be able to do so, under any circumstances, only if Carolina is the only team to claim him, according to 13.22). Those are both huge caveats.

I believe Valentin's 30th day is Jan 28.

chihockey1989

Jan 18, 2019
If Zykov is on the Vegas roster for 30 days, Carolina would not be able to claim and assign him to AHL (And would be able to do so, under any circumstances, only if Carolina is the only team to claim him, according to 13.22). Those are both huge caveats.

I believe Valentin's 30th day is Jan 28.

Send him down!!!

Brazen331

Jul 18, 2018
Could you imagine being able to watch Brannstrom & Hague in their pro debuts for $20 a ticket? And still complain? :confused:

I know, this organization gave him 2 1st round defenders, signed Whitecloud, got JB in the expansion draft and he is still complaining. How many AHL fans get to watch a blue line that talented?

Knightmare

VGK fan since the 70’s
Jun 15, 2018
Las Vegas
Sinbin and his followers are acting like Brad Hunt died. . They’re posting articles about what a good person he was and people are replying that they need some time to pass before they can read it. Lol.

His name is Brad Hunt.

His name is Brad Hunt.

giphy.gif

In all seriousness, this seems like a great trade for all party’s involved. Brad gets to go to a team where he can actually play and we needed a roster spot for guys coming off IR. We weren’t using Brad and we have plenty of better options on the wolves for next season. Win/win.

LadyStanley

Sep 22, 2004
Sin City

Sounds like Hunt wanted trade to get more ice time to improve his #s when he negotiates his next contract.

GMGM more comfortable in calling someone up if there's a need, then last season.

theslatcher

Jan 5, 2016
Sweden

Sounds like Hunt wanted trade to get more ice time to improve his #s when he negotiates his next contract.

GMGM more comfortable in calling someone up if there's a need, then last season.

Also worth noting that he said we'll go with 14F7D now instead of 13F8D(thanks to GMGM being comfortable calling up dmen from the Wolves now).

IceNeophyte

Nov 14, 2017
Sinbin and his followers are acting like Brad Hunt died. . They’re posting articles about what a good person he was and people are replying that they need some time to pass before they can read it. Lol.

His name is Brad Hunt.

His name is Brad Hunt.

giphy.gif

In all seriousness, this seems like a great trade for all party’s involved. Brad gets to go to a team where he can actually play and we needed a roster spot for guys coming off IR. We weren’t using Brad and we have plenty of better options on the wolves for next season. Win/win.

He does seem a good person, and I'm sure Ken is especially fond of him because he's one of the few players nice enough not to ridicule Ken's naivity of the game when the cameras are off :laugh:

In all seriousness, my wife and I have been confounded that Holden has drawn in over him all season, and that Merrill did before he started making better decisions (He is still my least favorite dman). I'll miss him and I'm sad he didn't get more opportunity here this year. Unlike Ken, though, I'll acknowledge that Gallant might know a tad more about the game than I do.

chihockey1989

Jan 18, 2019
Some other team will claim him. Other teams don't care about the plight of the Wolves either. It's a travesty!!!

What is a travesty is Golden Knights fans who don’t care about your main affiliate. It’s ok, 3.5 years left and we will find someone else.

mundyc3

May 17, 2017
Las Vegas, NV
What is a travesty is Golden Knights fans who don’t care about your main affiliate. It’s ok, 3.5 years left and we will find someone else.
Chicago Wolves fans should understand it takes a couple years to build up an affiliate. In our position, why should the Golden Knights risk losing players for nothing? You'll get more talent but be patient.

Reactions: hangman005

Brazen331

Jul 18, 2018

I believe in your locked thread you called Keegan Kolsar a scrub. Is he really that bad? We traded a 2nd rounder for this guy. Was this just McCrimmon banging the drum for a former player and giving away an asset we could have made better use of?

Vegan Knight

Feb 16, 2018

Yeah, nobody wants to affiliate with Chicago. That's why Vegas got them, because Chicago is on the bottom of everyone's list of AHL affiliates.

IceNeophyte

Nov 14, 2017
Yeah, nobody wants to affiliate with Chicago. That's why Vegas got them, because Chicago is on the bottom of everyone's list of AHL affiliates.

There is a mountain of truth here. VGK affiliated with the team that was available.

Aurinko

Apr 1, 2015
Finland
NHL is so much about greed, protecting interests and absolute requirement to win. That is not what hockey should be..

Hope Hunt gets his chance and shines, he's deserved it.

chihockey1989

Jan 18, 2019
Chicago Wolves fans should understand it takes a couple years to build up an affiliate. In our position, why should the Golden Knights risk losing players for nothing? You'll get more talent but be patient.

I’m sorry professor, but Suzuki was one prospect we already lost. Now with Pirri out, and one of our top 6 TJ Tynan, you may know about him, is injured. So our bottom 6 now becomes our bottom 7. And after Duke started this season hot, he’s been paltry at the least in the past two months. Sure we have a blue line full of NHL potential but seriously, the Hunt trade was ridiculous. If he cleared waivers, his point production would top our entire bottom 6 combined. Now you will have Zykov and two other forwards scratched per game. ‍♂️

chihockey1989

Jan 18, 2019
Who said we don't care? I'd love the Wolves to win the Calder. But when Papa needs a player, he gets him.

Then try Zykov through waivers? And I’ll give Vegas props, because you don’t need 3 healthy scratch forwards every game. This doesn’t include the prospects of Haula returning. Find a top performer in Europe, sign him to a two-way deal, to be looked at next season in the big leagues. Scouts, get ready to roll!

chihockey1989

Jan 18, 2019
I believe in your locked thread you called Keegan Kolsar a scrub. Is he really that bad? We traded a 2nd rounder for this guy. Was this just McCrimmon banging the drum for a former player and giving away an asset we could have made better use of?

Yes, Kolesar is a disaster. While he leads our bottom 6 in points, he’s a minus 12 and missed an empty netter in the first period tonight. When you suck, you suck. And don’t get me started on Stefan Matteau, mr. former 1st round pick. SMH.

mundyc3

May 17, 2017
Las Vegas, NV
I’m sorry professor, but Suzuki was one prospect we already lost. Now with Pirri out, and one of our top 6 TJ Tynan, you may know about him, is injured. So our bottom 6 now becomes our bottom 7. And after Duke started this season hot, he’s been paltry at the least in the past two months. Sure we have a blue line full of NHL potential but seriously, the Hunt trade was ridiculous. If he cleared waivers, his point production would top our entire bottom 6 combined. Now you will have Zykov and two other forwards scratched per game. ‍♂️
Currently only Zykov scratched so don't know where you are getting two other forwards from. Smith and Carrier will be coming back soon so you'll probably get more help soon. But it is not like we are deep. Teams would have definitely claimed Hunt. No fan in their right mind would want to lose a player for free. I'll take the 5th rounder.

Reactions: Vegas07

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad