Confirmed Trade: [VGK/MTL] Max Pacioretty for 2019 2nd round pick, Nick Suzuki, and Tomas Tatar

Status
Not open for further replies.

HabsInsider

Buy XRP.
Mar 2, 2013
Bottom line: Other teams valued Patches, Bergevin did not.

After dismantling the team of most of its best players, it wouldn't make sense to keep Patches during the re-tool. Have to wonder if Price gets moved in a year or two. Not a good look for a team that was contending a short time ago before Bergy dropped the ball repeatedly.

Reactions: DAChampion

Paul4587

Jan 26, 2006
Suzuki is a pretty huge get for the Habs. Finally they get some value in a trade.

Ziggdiezan

Apr 10, 2015
I think he’s kind of a cap dump/reclamation project. Suzuki is a good return.
That is what I'm thinking, mid 1st + 2nd is good value for 1 year of Patches. Making me think all these rumors of bad offers for Patches seem crazy. Unless Vegas literally consider Tatar a cap dump.

Phion Keneuf

Bang Bang
Jul 4, 2010
Pretty good return. Suzuki seems redundant on that team though, and I don’t see him being a C at the NHL level

But good value considering

Bounces R Way

Nov 18, 2013
Weegartown
Not a bad deal at all for the Habs. Pretty high on Suzuki. Despite what some of the experts around here think guys who score 30 goals with any amount of regularity tend to hold their value pretty well.

Really have no idea what to make of Tatar, seems to have regressed significantly since his promising first couple seasons.

TMLeafs18

Aug 7, 2015
Canada
Tatar looked to be on the third line going’s into this year for Vegas. At his contract and from the way they were using him it makes no sense to keep him. They are basically admitting they made a mistake.

He should get some good ice time in Montreal.

Suzuki is definitely a winger in the NHL. I like this trade for Montreal they get some solid pieces even though they were in a tough spot.

Very interested to see what Patches gets signed for.

Roshi

Feb 7, 2013
Finland
Something McPhee never seemed to be willing to do when he was with the Caps. Pull the trigger for a big deal. Is he learning, or forcing something because he thinks he needs to do things different this time around?

Suzuki + second + roster player is maybe a bit more than expected, but sometimes you just have to pay up to get what you want. Have no problem with the price, Pacs is a great player.

But the Tatar trade looks even more awful after this! McPhee paid 1+2+3 for 28 games of Tatar.. thats the classic McPhee we knew from Washington. Wasting assets on mediocre depth players.

Hard to imagine that Habs would have declined on last TDL if McPhee offered them 1st+2nd+suzuki for MaxPac. With that trade who knows if they actually win it all, while basicly saving a second and a third.?

Mackiaveli

Nov 24, 2015
Seems like a fair trade. Im not high on Suzuki at all though, so I'd say it favors Vegas.

Really glad the Oilers and Canes stayed away from Patches though

Suzuki was 5th in PPG in the O last season, behind Kyrou, Svechnikov, Frost and Vilardi --- just ahead of Thomas. Kid plays C, and was also 4th in goals --- exactly what Montreal needs.

This tells us Vilardi was involved in the LA deal, though.

Oilers would have had to move Poolparty, Canes I don't even know.

Reactions: Bobby G

Pia8988

May 26, 2014
GM of hte f***ing year. Goes to show how little that award means towards GM ability.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad