Confirmed Trade: [VGK/MTL] Max Pacioretty for 2019 2nd round pick, Nick Suzuki, and Tomas Tatar

Status
Not open for further replies.

The Moose is Loose

Jun 28, 2017
St.Louis
Seems like a fair trade. Im not high on Suzuki at all though, so I'd say it favors Vegas.

Really glad the Oilers and Canes stayed away from Patches though

BeLeafing

Jun 5, 2017
Excellent trade for the Habs. Just really solid value especially considering the circumstances. Well done.

For Vegas, if he comes unsigned it's definitely a high price when you factor in the overpayment for Tatar in the first place, but you can't make moves based on what you gave for a player in the past. They want to contend and Patches just made them a better team.

Reactions: derriko

Gabe Kupari

Jul 11, 2013
Winter is Coming
Vegas seems to be taking what made them good last year.. Speed, and saying.. Not so fast anymore.. Stastny and Patches are good but.. Not sure they will do well in that system

simon IC

Sponsor
Sep 8, 2007
Canada
Not bad for Montreal. Interesting that Tatar and Suzuki join Gallagher, Drouin, Mete, etc. The Canadiens really seem to like their undersized players. (A neutral fan observation, not a criticism!)

Mackiaveli

Nov 24, 2015
I told everybody that this trade would happen back in Oct. 2017. I also predicted Galchenyuk would be traded, among other things. https://hfboards.mandatory.com/threads/post-your-short-term-montreal-canadiens-predictions.2516365/

This has been a long time coming. So long, Patches. You deserve a chance to compete with an organization not run by amateurs.

Captain who disappears in the playoffs, seems relatively quiet and disengaged getting traded isn't a shocker. Especially given his age, his likely contract demands, and the situation the Habs have been in for several years.

Galchenyuk getting traded was another thing we all knew was going to happen; the signs have been there for years.

Organizational re-tooling was another no-brainer.

Literally all of your other "predictions" were wrong

Ziggdiezan

Apr 10, 2015
I hope for Vegas' sake last year wasn't a fluke or this trade in combination with the previous Tatar trade will start looking really bad quick

Reactions: WeDislikeEich
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad