Confirmed Signing with Link: [VGK] Knights re-sign William Karlsson [1 year/$5.25M]

hockeykicker

Dec 3, 2014
sure he had more goals than Wilson had points, but who's the better hitter?

Last three years wilson was at 19 points, 23 points and 35, karlsson was 20 points, 25 points and then 78

Now am i saying wilson> karlsson? Of course not but people are acting like hes proven he can do this every year when last year he was basically a tom wilson

heretik27

Apr 18, 2013
Winnipeg
Absolutely, i agree completely. But all im saying is that if we wanna make fun of wilson contract, let's do it with someone who didnt have 9 goals or less until this random year. At this time next year karlsson could be at 50, wilson at 10 goals we dont know
I'm willing to bet Tom Wilson never scores 40 goals in a regular season for the rest of his career. I'd also be willing to bet Karlsson hits at least 30 in multiple seasons. That's the difference in their perceived value, and what they're being paid.

GKG18

Expansion Fan
Jun 25, 2016
Hendertucky
Bridge deal. He won't get to UFA, so they will extend him based on what happens this year. He's the real deal, folks, so 30 goals is happening, barring injury.

Reactions: The Duck Knight

ijuka

May 14, 2016
Last three years wilson was at 19 points, 23 points and 35, karlsson was 20 points, 25 points and then 78

Now am i saying wilson> karlsson? Of course not but people are acting like hes proven he can do this every year when last year he was basically a tom wilson
Now, I'm not expecting Karlsson to repeat his performance but usually, a 20p player doesn't just fluke a PPG season while a 35p season they easily might.

Henkka

Jan 31, 2004
Tampere, Finland
I'm willing to bet Tom Wilson never scores 40 goals in a regular season for the rest of his career. I'd also be willing to bet Karlsson hits at least 30 in multiple seasons. That's the difference in their perceived value, and what they're being paid.

People should also understand, that there's a HUGE GAP between a 6-year deal which will consist of 4 UFA years, vs. 1-2 year RFA-deal.

Tom Wilson with 1-year RFA deal would have been:
~4.09M for 1-year

William Karlsson with 6-year deal (including 4 UFA years, just like Wilson) based on this 1-year 5.25M value would have been:
~6.63M with a 6-year deal

Long-term vs. Short-term means this much.

I have my own contract value formula, which will take the term and UFA-raise vs. RFA-value raise in account.

hockeykicker

Dec 3, 2014

You, and likely almost everyone else at no way were saying last year karlsson was gonna get even 30 goals when he scored 9 and 6 goals in two seasons. So lets not act like this is a common occurrence until he does it again.

Now lets not act like someone can't get 40 goals if they play their cards right. Who knows what could happen if wilson plays full year with ovie and kuzy and get pp time which he doesn't get

Point is, will wilson get 40? Probably not but the overall thing is he didnt even have 10 goals in a season before this and tom wilson had 1 more goal then karlsson in first year and 2 less then karlsson the second year

Reactions: CarolinaBlueJacket

jetsforever

Dec 14, 2013
AAV is good, and I suppose 1 year is good in case last season was a fluke. They'll have to go through this again next year.

hockeykicker

Dec 3, 2014
Difference is Karlsson scored 40 and Wilson didn't...

Difference is last two years before that they literally had the same number of goals and points. So we can play the well if karlsson can so can wilson lol

heretik27

Apr 18, 2013
Winnipeg
Difference is last two years before that they literally had the same number of goals and points. So we can play the well if karlsson can so can wilson lol
Wilson isn't that type of player though, even if you can argue Karlsson wasn't really noted for his goal scoring before either he did have offensive creativity and talent that Wilson doesn't. If you want to pay a guy to be a speedy wrecking ball, by all means do so, but let's not pretend Wilson has the switch to flip to hit 30 goals, let alone 40, even under "favorable circumstances" such as PP time and TOI with Ovy.

TT1

May 31, 2013
Montreal

I don't get how and why you're constantly discounting the production they had this past season, does that not count at all? 1 guy took a step towards proving himself as being a 1C in the NHL, the other guy had a 35 point season playing with supertars (Backstrom/Ovi and a bit with Kuz/Ovi).

Artorius Horus T

sincerety
Nov 12, 2014
Suomi/Finland
They signed Statsny, so even when Karlsson does score less
they have Statsny to score those goals he did last season,
what he most likely wont score this upcoming season.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad