Confirmed Signing with Link: [VGK] D Noah Hanifin signs extension with the Golden Knights (8 years, $7.35M AAV)

HanSolo

DJ Crazy Times
Apr 7, 2008
Las Vegas
So assuming a cap of 87.7M next year Vegas now has about 6.6M in room with Marchessault, Martinez, Stephenson, Carrier, Amadio and Mantha as UFA.

I'm guessing they re-up Marchy and the rest walk. That's a big chunk of their cup team changing next season.
With Martinez I think it's time. The problem is Hague and Whitecloud have been regressing hard this year so they may need Korzcak and or Cormier to step up big time. Carrier I think you can get for pennies on the dollar, Amadio either signs a sweetheart deal or Vegas banks on Cotter stepping up. I think Vegas might let Marchessault walk if he doesn't take a hometown discount and sign Mantha on a cheaper deal. Stephenson probably walks.

Either way, I struggle to see how this team re-opens their closing window with this group. Hanifin gets 7 years of playing with his buddy Eichel.

SeanMoneyHands

Apr 18, 2019
That Vegas kool-aid must be sweet. I thought he wanted to play on the East coast because that's where his fiance wanted to be?

Reactions: Devonator

Petes2424

Aug 4, 2005
Gonna guess the playoffs are gonna help the Knights decide what they end up doing with Theodore or Pietrangelo. With Martininez money, they can make this work for a year, but Theodore’s new contract will just be too much. One’s gonna have to go. Theo is worth a lot. Especially because he plays the rights side.

If they win again, I’m guessing Theodore is traded this summer. If not, they’ll have all 3 return and after next season, likely cut ties with Pietrangelo and sign Theodore to an extension.

SeanMoneyHands

Apr 18, 2019
Gonna guess the playoffs are gonna help the Knights decide what they end up doing with Theodore or Pietrangelo. With Martininez money, they can make this work for a year, but Theodore’s new contract will just be too much. One’s gonna have to go. Theo is worth a lot. Especially because he plays the rights side.

If they win again, I’m guessing Theodore is traded this summer. If not, they’ll have all 3 return and after next season, likely cut ties with Pietrangelo and sign Theodore to an extension.

Why trade Theodore or Pietrangelo? I think Vegas keeps all 3. Martinez is not back next season, hence the Hanifin trade to replace him.

VivaLasVegas

Sponsor
Jun 21, 2021
Hockeytown USA
So assuming a cap of 87.7M next year Vegas now has about 6.6M in room with Marchessault, Martinez, Stephenson, Carrier, Amadio and Mantha as UFA.

I'm guessing they re-up Marchy and the rest walk. That's a big chunk of their cup team changing next season.
Martinez is very possibly going to retire. Mantha is probably going to be allowed to Fleetwood Mac it, i.e., "you can go your own way".

VivaLasVegas

Sponsor
Jun 21, 2021
Hockeytown USA
There's no state income tax in Nevada. I would also have to think that housing prices are in the bottom half compared to the rest of the league.
No so much anymore with all the influx of population from California. Still $4 million will get a 5,000 sq.ft. executive home in a gated community with a pool and a view of the Strip in Summerlin near the practice facility.

Reactions: Kuz and seafoam

SeanMoneyHands

Apr 18, 2019
Having Hanifin as your #3D is the perfect fitting on a contender. If Vegas management are expecting Hanifin to move up and be a #1 or #2D in the future, they will be sorely disappointed. Hanifin is best when he plays behind star defensemen.

SeanMoneyHands

Apr 18, 2019
I wouldn't give him 8 years, that's for certain. The drunken spending in Vegas is a disaster in the waiting. Gonna be a lot of pain very soon.

I wouldn't have given him 8 years either but good luck getting Hanifin to sign a term any less as he made it public that he wants a long term deal.

He will be an elite #3D for 3 or 4 seasons and I think he declines after that.

Fig

Absolute Horse Shirt
Dec 15, 2014
Eichel gets to play with his buddy for a few more years.

Artorius Horus T

sincerety
Nov 12, 2014
Suomi/Finland
Past few years, Golden Knights have spent ridiculous amount of money and made huge trades.

Sure that has won them the Cup but hows the future look for them?
Lets say they miss the play-offs this season, then what?

also

roughly 105 million cap hit with this contract, when the each teams salary cap is 83,5 million...
it is very nice to bend(read: brake) the rules... LTIR loophole is complete BS

Last edited:
Reactions: Morrison

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad