Confirmed Signing with Link: [VGK] D Noah Hanifin signs extension with the Golden Knights (8 years, $7.35M AAV)

The Nuge

Some say…
Jan 26, 2011
British Columbia
I just don’t see it with Hanifin. He seems more like a 5.5-6.0 million dollar dman to me. I figured the 7 million rumours were because Calgary sucks and were trying to convince him to stay with an overpay. He slots in well as a #3 though, and he’s in his prime, so he’s a good fit for Vegas at least

Hale The Villain

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Apr 2, 2008
Vegas should lose about half their forwards but somehow won’t

They'll probably let either Marchessault or Stephenson walk this off-season.

But they could theoretically keep both guys by dumping some cap in the summer.

Trade Hill (4.9M) and turn the net over to Thompson (775K), one of McNabb/Hague/Whitecloud (2.3-2.85M) and Howden (1.9M) and that's almost 10M in cap opened up (7M after replacing them with ELCs).

Zirakzigil

Global Moderator
Jul 5, 2010
Canada
Similar deal to what Calgary was offering and everyone here thought they were insane.

Oh hfboards... :laugh:

Great player. Too bad he went to Vegas

Skinnyjimmy08

WorldTraveler
Mar 30, 2012
So assuming a cap of 87.7M next year Vegas now has about 6.6M in room with Marchessault, Martinez, Stephenson, Carrier, Amadio and Mantha as UFA.

I'm guessing they re-up Marchy and the rest walk. That's a big chunk of their cup team changing next season.
Ya March will stay and the rest will walk forsure... That's a no brainer move for vegas IMO to let those guys walk

JTBF81

Dec 6, 2018
Tampa, FL.
Well, there goes the dream of Tampa signing him in UFA.

These bozos really couldn't outbid Vegas. Yikes.
First, it was Calgary's GM that decided to take the Vegas offer after a Tampa-Calgary deal was apparently close. 2nd, Tampa wouldn't have had the space to extend him anyway and still keep Stamkos and Duclair without moving major salary elsewhere, which makes little sense. Tampa will keep the players they want for their top 6 and still have enough to add depth on the blueline. They're doing just fine.

DearDiary

🐷🐷🐷🐷🐷🐷🐷🐷🐷🐷🐷🐷🐷🐷🐷🐷🐷🐷🐷🐷🐷🐷🐷
Aug 29, 2010
What are the chances that Vegas trades him next year?

TheBeard

He fixes the cable?
Jul 12, 2019
Vegass
They can’t. He was smart and got a full NMC
That's why i said "Try". Right now Vegas has 30 million tied up into just 6 d-men. They're already at 88 with 19 players signed overall, and that doesn't include, Marchy, Stephenson, Dorofeyev, Carrier, Amadio, Mantha. Not pretty.

dirtydanglez

Oct 30, 2022
That's why i said "Try". Right now Vegas has 30 million tied up into just 6 d-men. They're already at 88 with 19 players signed overall, and that doesn't include, Marchy, Stephenson, Dorofeyev, Carrier, Amadio, Mantha. Not pretty.
$30m doesn't seem that unreasonable for 6 dman by itself. they'll have some tough decisions to make this offseason. is lehner expected back? if not they have $6.5m in cap with 18 players signed.

zar

Bleed Blue
Sponsor
Oct 9, 2010
Edmonton AB
Really? I think the flames offered him $7.5/yr for 8 years, this is pretty close to that. I never expected him to get $8million or above, this seems right on value for me.

The difference in money is probably the difference in taxes he won’t have to pay.

He will net out $500K more each year signing this contract in Vegas, compared to signing the same contract in Calgary. Fairly significant difference.

CapFriendly Income Tax Calculator

TheBeard

He fixes the cable?
Jul 12, 2019
Vegass
$30m doesn't seem that unreasonable for 6 dman by itself. they'll have some tough decisions to make this offseason. is lehner expected back? if not they have $6.5m in cap with 18 players signed.
Lehner is probably done. 30 is high for jsut 6 guys. TB's got 29 for 9 D-men

Reactions: dirtydanglez

Felidae

Sep 30, 2016
How has Hanifin been in Vegas? He was arguably our best defenseman for the flames this year and right behind Markstrom for best player on the team before he was traded.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad