Confirmed with Link: [VGK/AZ] Coyotes acquire a 2023 5th round pick and Shea Weber from Vegas for Dysin Mayo

JasonDemersWasOkay

Nov 14, 2018
Ladd I think was a different deal he actually did play here and was okayish(emphasis on ish)
But you did leave out Hossa :laugh:
That’s what I’m talking about! We do so many that I even forgot one!

I just wanna have a normal team with a normal arena that wants to get good players to win a stanley cup

Jormungandr

Aug 14, 2002
Ohio
I think that’s a hilarious viewpoint. Upset about the trade? Be angry at the team that signed the contract not the team who is weaponizing cap space during a rebuild. My god. Zero negative consequences to AZ with this. We manipulate the system to accommodate a cheaper roster while we wait for an arena to be built. That’s business. This is business.
Manipulating the system to accommodate a cheap roster I agree with your take. But receiving a fifth round pick in return for this contract swap is not weaponizing cap space. Give your damn head a shake. Gtfo here with that pissy response.

AZviaNJ

“Sure as shit want to F*** Coyote fans.”
Mar 31, 2011
AZ
Probably not a factor but Soderstrom has looked pretty good past couple of games. He should be a full time NHL player next year.

Reactions: JasonDemersWasOkay

hbk

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Feb 28, 2002
Visit site
Manipulating the system to accommodate a cheap roster I agree with your take. But receiving a fifth round pick in return for this contract swap is not weaponizing cap space. Give your damn head a shake. Gtfo here with that pissy response.
It’s an expression. I use that term to encompass the return on the combined efforts they have done in this regard. Not just this single solitary transaction.

JasonDemersWasOkay

Nov 14, 2018
Probably not a factor but Soderstrom has looked pretty good past couple of games. He should be a full time NHL player next year.
I’ve liked him. I’ve given up on him being a 1st pairing type, but if he can turn into a Moser-like reliable top 4 guy I think that’s a solid pick. Not caufield, obviously, but good teams need guys like that

Reactions: AZviaNJ

LittlePipes

Vortech V7
Feb 22, 2020
So, is what going on here in the long term? Are the Yotes gambling they will have a good team about when new stadium profits roll in, thereby allowing them to pay the crop coming up through the ranks now? And in the mean time just barely clear the cap minimum. If I am getting the idea about right here … wow… a risky game.

hbk

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Feb 28, 2002
Visit site
So, is what going on here in the long term? Are the Yotes gambling they will have a good team about when new stadium profits roll in, thereby allowing them to pay the crop coming up through the ranks now? And in the mean time just barely clear the cap minimum. If I am getting the idea about right here … wow… a risky game.
Its a complete rebuild. Lots of entry level contracts until the new arena is built. When they add more revenues the budget will grow with it. BA has been extremely vocal for years on the plan . This is not news. Did u think they were going to spend to the cap ceiling while playing in the Mullet?

TheLegend

Megathread Gadfly
Aug 30, 2009
Buzzing BoH
He wasn’t that noticeable his first game up but was the last one. I can attribute that to getting used to the speed level.

LittlePipes

Vortech V7
Feb 22, 2020
Its a complete rebuild. Lots of entry level contracts until the new arena is built. When they add more revenues the budget will grow with it. BA has been extremely vocal for years on the plan . This is not news. Did u think they were going to spend to the cap ceiling while playing in the Mullet?
no, I really dont know much, at this point, about the money game. But I know about managing risk. This plan blows up - it seems to me - if there is no new stadium - which of ciurse is up to the voters; this in turn casts a completely different light over all the Glendale crap. That is, how long has this ( Tempe) been the plan? Was it chaos or concealment, or something else?

Reactions: LT

hbk

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Feb 28, 2002
Visit site
no, I really dont know much, at this point, about the money game. But I know about managing risk. This plan blows up - it seems to me - if there is no new stadium - which of ciurse is up to the voters; this in turn casts a completely different light over all the Glendale crap. That is, how long has this ( Tempe) been the plan? Was it chaos or concealment, or something else?
The $2Billion entertainment district? Brand new. Just came up with it last week. Google is your friend.

hbk

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Feb 28, 2002
Visit site
Of course. But if this was BA’s plan all along, as you stated, that raises questions.

Of course. But if this was BA’s plan all along, as you stated, that raises questions.
U seem surprised that a team rebuilding that plans running with a large number of players on entry level deals would have trouble then with hitting the cap floor. These cap hit pickups allow for BA to implement his plan the way he wants to without having to worry about adding expensive roster players who don’t fit the plan.

Reactions: Coyotedroppings

TheLegend

Megathread Gadfly
Aug 30, 2009
Buzzing BoH

U seem surprised that a team rebuilding that plans running with a large number of players on entry level deals would have trouble then with hitting the cap floor. These cap hit pickups allow for BA to implement his plan the way he wants to without having to worry about adding expensive roster players who don’t fit the plan.
Nice related article here:

Reactions: Summer Rose

hbk

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Feb 28, 2002
Visit site
I think we are looking forward to stop taking on these sorts of contracts simply so we can watch the teams that signed them suffer. I’m sure there will be complaining by those teams fans when we sit there and respond “go f*** yourself” when they send trade proposal after trade proposal our way to convince us to solve their cap problems. Our “poverty” franchise doesn’t want your contract. Yeah. I can see that.

Reactions: Jakey53

LittlePipes

Vortech V7
Feb 22, 2020

no, I understand that approach. Makes sense. What I am thinking about is the apparency that the new stadium approval ( or not) in Tempe and the timing thereof are both very critical to BA’s plan ( as it appears to me), and that is a lot of moving parts = risk. I guess the problems that caused the team to leave Glendale were a curveball. Or maybe not ?

hbk

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Feb 28, 2002
Visit site
no, I understand that approach. Makes sense. What I am thinking about is the apparency that the new stadium approval ( or not) in Tempe and the timing thereof are both very critical to BA’s plan ( as it appears to me), and that is a lot of moving parts = risk. I guess the problems that caused the team to leave Glendale were a curveball. Or maybe not ?
Glendale attempted to sabotage the Tempe arena by kicking them out hoping that this would force them to leave the State because of the lack of a venue. Glendale didn’t want the competition for concerts/events and were only willing to sign a 15 year lease with AZ (so they didn’t really kick then out they tried to play hardball and now they run a glorified halloween spirit). Coyotes forced to pivot to Mullet while they await approval of their $2Billion entertainment district. This is old news to Coyote fans. Well documented both in podcast and in writing by PHNX.

LittlePipes

Vortech V7
Feb 22, 2020
Glendale attempted to sabotage the Tempe arena by kicking them out hoping that this would force them to leave the State because of the lack of a venue. Glendale didn’t want the competition for concerts/events and were only willing to sign a 15 year lease with AZ (so they didn’t really kick then out they tried to play hardball and now they run a glorified halloween spirit). Coyotes forced to pivot to Mullet while they await approval of their $2Billion entertainment district. This is old news to Coyote fans. Well documented both in podcast and in writing by PHNX.
not much more obscure in pro sports than a Coyote fan.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad