Confirmed Signing with Link: [VGK] Alex Tuch signs extension with Vegas (7 years, $4.75M AAV)

Status
Not open for further replies.

seabass45

Jan 12, 2007
Not like I see much of him but... that's pretty high for a guy with his numbers. Am I missing something?

Reactions: Oddbob

TLEH

Pronounced T-Lay
Feb 28, 2015
Bomoseen, Vermont
Tuch played well lately but he scares me as a player. His effort level goes up and down and I could see him having an insane season of 35 goals and I could see him also having lows of 10-15 goals.

danielpalfredsson

youtube dot com /watch?v=CdqMZ_s7Y6k
Aug 14, 2013
Great contract. 2-3 years from now, north of 4M will be veteran 3rd line winger money.

As long as there aren't egregious signing bonuses, any time a team can get a well under 26 player they believe in signed long term it's a huge strategic advantage since for the next few seasons these contracts can be bought out for 1/6th of the cap hit if things go badly.

Because there are no more back diving 13 year contracts, identifying these young stars and locking them down 7-8 years is going to be a huge part of building a contender. Yeah, anybody can tell MacKinnon is going to live up to a 7 year deal, but a Theodore and Tuch are on a level below the kind of players that typically get locked down. Or at least, they've proven less. Signing these guys to these kind of deals could provide a massive advantage of a team gets it right.

Seven0two

Apr 17, 2018
As a VGK fan I see two potential outcomes for this deal in the long run:

Fair value.
Insane steal.

He showed some flashes of brilliance last season after starting in the AHL and was playing his best hockey at the end of the year. Had 6 goals and 4 assists playing mostly third line minutes. Has great power forward size with above average speed for someone as big as he is. He still has room to grow (skills wise) and reminds me a lot of Tomas Hertl. I couldnt be happier about him being a part of the team for the next 7 years.

Reactions: BattleBorn

Finnish your Czech

J'aime Les offres hostiles
Nov 25, 2009
Toronto
As a VGK fan I see two potential outcomes for this deal in the long run:

Fair value.
Insane steal.

He showed some flashes of brilliance last season after starting in the AHL and was playing his best hockey at the end of the year. Had 6 goals and 4 assists playing mostly third line minutes. Has great power forward size with above average speed for someone as big as he is. He still has room to grow (skills wise) and reminds me a lot of Tomas Hertl. I couldnt be happier about him being a part of the team for the next 7 years.
He's only had one NHL season, so I don't think it's out of the realm to think it's possible that this contract becomes a bad one.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad