Confirmed with Link: VGK acquire Martinez for 2020 2nd, 2021 2nd from LAK

Vegan Knight

Feb 16, 2018
Is Vegas looking into any college or European free agents for next season? There's a thread on the main boards about Euro players who could come over, could a goalie like Bilyalov or an RD like Zub get a look from the team?

LadyStanley

Sep 22, 2004
Sin City
To date, this kind of free agent hasn't been (much of) a source for new players. (IMHO, it should be)

VGK still adding to depth, so should be finding players everywhere.

Vegan Knight

Feb 16, 2018
Ottawa hasn't had a lot of calls on their UFA. Why aren't we making the DeMelo trade now!?! We could get him for a 2nd only or a 3rd and a prospect if they aren't finding bidders.

SpeakingOfTheDevils

Devils Advocate
Jan 22, 2010
Philadelphia, PA
Would Tuch be on the table for Severson? He's signed through 2022-23 at $4.167M.

I saw some LD names floating around the thread - if that's preferred, would Butcher be of any interest? He has two more years at $3.733M.

Of course, Vatanen is the obvious option as a rental. I'd be fine with the Gusev picks as a return there, but I'd hope for something extra on top if the bidding war is competitive.

NJ and Vegas look to be solid trade partners.

theslatcher

Jan 5, 2016
Sweden
Would Tuch be on the table for Severson? He's signed through 2022-23 at $4.167M.

I saw some LD names floating around the thread - if that's preferred, would Butcher be of any interest? He has two more years at $3.733M.

Of course, Vatanen is the obvious option as a rental. I'd be fine with the Gusev picks as a return there, but I'd hope for something extra on top if the bidding war is competitive.

NJ and Vegas look to be solid trade partners.
RH dman is vastly prefered as we currently only have 1 capable RH dman in the NHL(Whitecloud), our 2 best dmen, LHD's, are both playing RD right now. Tuch could be on the table depending on how the GM's feel about Elvenes/Dugan replacing him.

Reason LHDs are floated around here is that there's simply more of them.

willy702

Jul 3, 2016
Ottawa hasn't had a lot of calls on their UFA. Why aren't we making the DeMelo trade now!?! We could get him for a 2nd only or a 3rd and a prospect if they aren't finding bidders.

How do you know this? Ottawa could be asking for a low first for all you know.

Vegan Knight

Feb 16, 2018

Main board thread from Dreger's actual quotes. They aren't finding interest in their UFA. And they aren't looking for a first, don't need to be an insider to know that.

Last edited:

theslatcher

Jan 5, 2016
Sweden
Main board thread from Dreger's actual quotes. They aren't finding interest in their UFA. And they aren't looking for a first, don't need to be an insider to know that.
Dreger is 50/50. He has also said things like a Rags exec said he wouldn't accept Sandin for Georgiev, and that Kapanen wouldn't get you Georgiev.

Vegan Knight

Feb 16, 2018
Dreger is 50/50. He has also said things like a Rags exec said he wouldn't accept Sandin for Georgiev, and that Kapanen wouldn't get you Georgiev.

I would say Dreger is much better than that. And this is something that's pretty simple and has been the rumors for some time that even Pageau wasn't garnering the interest that Ottawa wanted them to get.

CupInSIX

My cap runneth over
Jul 1, 2012
Alphaville
That's a bit of an overpayment by NYI.

To add to what Dreger has said about the market, Friedman said he thinks Kreider is the only rental that returns a 1st rounder.

Vegan Knight

Feb 16, 2018
That's a bit of an overpayment by NYI.

To add to what Dreger has said about the market, Friedman said he thinks Kreider is the only rental that returns a 1st rounder.

I think with Lamoriello being his former coach and him being the captain and longtime player there that they had to feel they were getting enough for a trade, and Lamoriello makes these trades.

It is overpayment, the 2nd is a future 2nd so not as much as a 2nd and the prospect is a nothing prospect. I don't think this drastically changes anything in the market. There were specific things in this trade.

Shootica

Jan 17, 2013
Utica, NY
Some Buffalo reporters are saying that the Sabres and Knights have been trying to make a deal around us sending a RHD for one of your forwards (ironic right?). Who knows how credible they actually are, but I'm curious how much interest there is on your side about that sort of deal.

Ristolainen, Montour, Miller, and McCabe all would be available depending on the return. Would Montour for Tuch interest y'all? Montour is a RFA after this season so there's team control on that end.

IceNeophyte

Nov 14, 2017
Some Buffalo reporters are saying that the Sabres and Knights have been trying to make a deal around us sending a RHD for one of your forwards (ironic right?). Who knows how credible they actually are, but I'm curious how much interest there is on your side about that sort of deal.

Ristolainen, Montour, Miller, and McCabe all would be available depending on the return. Would Montour for Tuch interest y'all? Montour is a RFA after this season so there's team control on that end.
Tuch is now untradeable. Week to week.

Vegan Knight

Feb 16, 2018

Tuch is controlled for six seasons at 4.75M though. That is much team control to give up.

He's also injured right now. But if there were something, I would think Tuch, Marchessault would be the forwards with value they could trade, possibly Stastny or Smith because you don't know what GM's think.

I'm sure they would prefer Ristolainen or Montour if it was the Sabres they were trading.

Reactions: Shootica

willy702

Jul 3, 2016
The price for Greene and then the Coleman trade make me think it's nuts to make a deal. Can't imagine DeMelo being a low 2nd and some later picks, feels like Ottawa asks for our 1st or at least the high 2nd. Is he really that big an upgrade? Are any of the D on the Sabres worth an established young player at a controlled cost?

Vegan Knight

Feb 16, 2018
The price for Greene and then the Coleman trade make me think it's nuts to make a deal. Can't imagine DeMelo being a low 2nd and some later picks, feels like Ottawa asks for our 1st or at least the high 2nd. Is he really that big an upgrade? Are any of the D on the Sabres worth an established young player at a controlled cost?

Our 2nd rounders probably are in the 50's. Would have to miss the playoffs for them to be considerably different from each other.

CupInSIX

My cap runneth over
Jul 1, 2012
Alphaville

RFA but isn't he 1 year from being a UFA if he signs a 1 year deal? He turns 26 in April.

Brazen331

Jul 18, 2018
I guess I changed my mind. Let’s hope for no trades now. This team always prefers players with term, right? Thats why we fave up so much extra for Tatar.

Well, term seems to be too expensive. If Coleman is worth 2 1sts, what’s Petry worth?

willy702

Jul 3, 2016
Who is on the hot seat with a week to go before the NHL...

Paywall

McCrimmon one of the GMs on the hot seat.

The article is such nonsense because it misses a point. If all these supposed insiders believe the team can't win a cup as currently constructed with the defense, is there really a move right now which could get them there? And further, did such commentors take into account that the winner of the Cup is rarely a full constructed team with no issues to worry about? Was St. Louis at this time last season a well put together team?

That's just hype nonsense because there is no move that can move the needle that much. There are no moves for an Erik Karlsson type player this TDL, so if they were fully transparent in their article they should have said they think VGK can't win a Cup this year because of their defense and probably can't win one next year barring some very unforseen moves because guys, this organization isn't in position to make any game changing moves on the back end. So be it, its still a very talented and deep team and the defense isn't in the bottom half of the league in quality. IMO, this is just continued scouting and management think that a massively skilled defense is what gives a team the best shot at winning a Cup. Can't argue with that, but I also don't think its the only way to win.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad