Post-Game Talk: Veteran plays

Flowah

Nov 30, 2009
Reminds me of Marchenko after his first goal. No smile. "So what? I've done this plenty of times before."

RedMenace

Jul 24, 2006
www.ShattenkirksKrakenshirt.net
Marek seems, shall we say, stoic

This was a quick and dirty, but the first thing I thought of when I saw that pic:

obzJqLM.jpg

Sadekuuro

Aug 23, 2005
Cascadia
Lots of teams DO do it. The problem is, as with fans of any sport, a lot of NHL fans are morons and simply parrot what they hear. Thanks to Edzo's damn-near trademarked "subtle interference" ********, fans who don't care enough to analyze the game with an unbiased eye (or simply can't) think it's something the Wings alone do or crafted.

Once I start hearing someone yammer on about how subtle interference is a Wings and Wings only thing, I value their opinion on anything else a lot less. It doesn't take a rocket scientist to see that this is a widely-utilized tactic instead of some idiosyncrasy.

If you repeat something often enough, most people will believe it regardless of its merit. So yeah, Mr. Professional at NBC is probably primarily responsible for this perception. If the Wings really got away with stuff no other team could and it was a big factor in determining success, you'd think we'd have gotten out of the second round at least once in the last six years, eh?

I guess they should just switch to the 2007 Ducks model of blatant interference instead, tackling guys behind the play on dump-ins and the like. :sarcasm: Ironically, they got a lot less flak for it.

14ari13

Oct 19, 2006
Norway
I love :p: Babcock's comment after the game:
our energy to be back and us to have no reason to [not] play a lot better than we did. We’ve got to tighten up our game again
We played 1-1 and Babcock wants to tighten it up:help::laugh::laugh:
0-0 is maybe a bit better.

Konnan511

#RetireHronek17
Sponsor
Jul 29, 2008
Sarasota, FL

First period saw a heft amount of 2 on 1s. But if I recall, a lot of their shots came from the perimeter for the better part of the game afterwards, so they did do that well.

mindfly

Happy camper!
Jan 7, 2011
Bloomfield Hills, MI

In this case it's probably limit the shots against (was 40 something against the rags), limit the turnovers (dunno how many but it was obvious) and things like that

14ari13

Oct 19, 2006
Norway
First period saw a heft amount of 2 on 1s. But if I recall, a lot of their shots came from the perimeter for the better part of the game afterwards, so they did do that well.

In this case it's probably limit the shots against (was 40 something against the rags), limit the turnovers (dunno how many but it was obvious) and things like that

I was joking a bit, but Babcock is very defensive-minded.
And to make it clear, I do consider him the best coach.

hyduK

Feb 21, 2009
Ansar Khan @AnsarKhanMLive · 48m 48 minutes ago
Ericsson said he's ready to play tonight. Hurt shoulder on Wednesday, sat out practice as precaution.

Ansar Khan @AnsarKhanMLive · 38m 38 minutes ago
Howard confirms he is starting tonight.

Acoustic

Sep 29, 2014
Detroit with Carolina and Ottawa have played the least games at 62. At one point weren't they leading the league in games played?

Also, with a good streak Tampa and Montreal are catchable. Should be a good month.

DanZ

Mar 6, 2008
Detroit with Carolina and Ottawa have played the least games at 62. At one point weren't they leading the league in games played?

Also, with a good streak Tampa and Montreal are catchable. Should be a good month.

Tampa should be easily catchable. 3 points back with 4 games in hand. Not confident we'll catch Montreal but getting home ice against Tampa in the first round will be big.

Laser Rayzor

Cautiously Optimistic
Dec 8, 2012
The Underground
Tampa should be easily catchable. 3 points back with 4 games in hand. Not confident we'll catch Montreal but getting home ice against Tampa in the first round will be big.

Montreal is catch able as well, we're 5 points back with 3 games in hand (Two behind in ROW). Our next 3 opponents are Calgary, Boston, and Edmonton. There's no excuse not to get at least 4 of 6 points on that swing and 6/6 should be do able with the way Boston's been playing.

DanZ

Mar 6, 2008
Montreal is catch able as well, we're 5 points back with 3 games in hand (Two behind in ROW). Our next 3 opponents are Calgary, Boston, and Edmonton. There's no excuse not to get at least 4 of 6 points on that swing and 6/6 should be do able with the way Boston's been playing.

I'm not saying it's impossible, just not sure we will catch them. Tampa is more realistic.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad