Very Excited for the Bruins

Mpasta

Oct 6, 2008
Cassidy will be in Boston as long as Chiarelli is in Boston:laugh:

as underwhelming as Boston has been this year- flip their 4 game series with 'just' Montreal and the Bruins are ahead of Habs

So if we beat the team we can't beat in all of the games they beat us then we would be above them? Not sure this is a good argument. I could say that if the Bruins beat Chicago in all of the games that they beat us then we would have swept them in the Cup Finals.

I do think the Bruins have a better chance of beating Montreal if they actually play the right players in the playoffs but if the team that is put out on the ice during the playoffs doesn't go with offensive players on the top 9 then I don't see us scoring many goals.

VanIsle

Jun 5, 2007
Comox Valley, B.C.
Boston needs to meet Montreal sometime this playoff season.

I bet my buddy $20 a game and so far I am down $80, Bruins need to sweep the Habs for my best case scenario of owing him nothing.

If the Bruins lose I am mailing Chiarelli a bill:laugh:

DKH

The Bergeron of HF
Feb 27, 2002
So if we beat the team we can't beat in all of the games they beat us then we would be above them? Not sure this is a good argument. I could say that if the Bruins beat Chicago in all of the games that they beat us then we would have swept them in the Cup Finals.

I do think the Bruins have a better chance of beating Montreal if they actually play the right players in the playoffs but if the team that is put out on the ice during the playoffs doesn't go with offensive players on the top 9 then I don't see us scoring many goals.

I'd take the Habs against Boston but its no lock.

If Daugevains buries that triple overtime empty net Boston wins series. Seguin stays, we become a dynasty and Jacobs cracks top 450 richest people in world.

Sheehan555

Some Kid from Boston
Sep 22, 2012
Tewksbury, MA
I'd take the Habs against Boston but its no lock.

If Daugevains buries that triple overtime empty net Boston wins series. Seguin stays, we become a dynasty and Jacobs cracks top 450 richest people in world.

If Dogman actually buried that shot, people would remember he wore Black and Gold.

KnightofBoston

Mar 22, 2010
The Valley of Pioneers
The Bruins are currently the only team sucking since game 1 and be in a playoffs spot. That gives you an indea how good they can be if they find their switch again.

Since Julien is here, only one team was able to beat the Bruins in less than 7 and it took a monumental last minutes collapse in game 6 against Chicago.

They will again be a tough out. The team that will get the Bruins in round 1 won't be happy at all. Even if it's the Habs. :laugh:

For whatever reason, even though they recently own us, the Habs fans I've spoken to in person always say they hate playing the Bruins and get nervous. Guess it sucks that much to lose to us and apparently Bruins have this habit of just coming out of nowhere and dominating

Yes they sucked in game 6 and 7, but it still went seven, and rightly should have ended in 6 in favor of the Bruins

They have what it takes inside them to win. Rask needs to be as good as price though

bobbyorr04

Bruins fan 4ever
Sponsor
Apr 12, 2011
For whatever reason, even though they recently own us, the Habs fans I've spoken to in person always say they hate playing the Bruins and get nervous. Guess it sucks that much to lose to us and apparently Bruins have this habit of just coming out of nowhere and dominating

Yes they sucked in game 6 and 7, but it still went seven, and rightly should have ended in 6 in favor of the Bruins

They have what it takes inside them to win. Rask needs to be as good as price though

Aye, there's the rub!

alg363636

Boo
Apr 25, 2014
Washington, DC
I want Montreal. I've said it before and I'll say it again - a deep playoff run means so, so, so much more if we beat the Habs on the way there.

That team is so unbelievably arrogant right now. Parading around like they already won the cup and will squash us like a bug. You'd think they swept us last season! It was a very close 7 game series with two OT games. And the Bruins shot themselves in the foot way more than Montreal shot us.

They're going into the POs completely 100% dependent on Price. He's having an unbelievable season - no one is denying that. But he isn't exactly known as mr. clutch in the POs and if he falters or gets injured they're pretty much done. I also never felt like he was the reason we lost at all. In fact, I've never been particularly intimidated by Price. Our team just ***** the bed at the sight of a toilet bowl.

So bring 'em on. We lose, we lose. Oh well. But if we win, glorious. I kinda like being the underdog. Makes victory that much sweeter.

Jean_Jacket41

Neely = HOF
Jun 25, 2003
With the smurfs
I want Montreal. I've said it before and I'll say it again - a deep playoff run means so, so, so much more if we beat the Habs on the way there.

That team is so unbelievably arrogant right now. Parading around like they already won the cup and will squash us like a bug. You'd think they swept us last season! It was a very close 7 game series with two OT games. And the Bruins shot themselves in the foot way more than Montreal shot us.

They're going into the POs completely 100% dependent on Price. He's having an unbelievable season - no one is denying that. But he isn't exactly known as mr. clutch in the POs and if he falters or gets injured they're pretty much done. I also never felt like he was the reason we lost at all. In fact, I've never been particularly intimidated by Price. Our team just ***** the bed at the sight of a toilet bowl.

So bring 'em on. We lose, we lose. Oh well. But if we win, glorious. I kinda like being the underdog. Makes victory that much sweeter.

They also had zero injuries all year to their top guys and have the worst offense among the actual 16 playoffs teams.

Their record is a mirage and will likely lose to anyone they play in round 1. Bruins included.

LouJersey

Jun 29, 2002
Graves to Gardens
youtu.be

Much different team with Pasta, Spooner and Ferlin/Connolly.

As my buddy Mike T has said many times, we beat Montreal last year if we didn't roll out that 4th line for 7 games...

WreckItRask

Mar 5, 2007
Minnesota
Without being overdramatic, that Lucic-Pasta-Spooner line has absolutely changed the way that teams have to match up against the Bruins defensively. They can't win a faceoff if their lives depended on it, but those two kids have forced Lucic to keep up speedwise, and he's a totally different player now that he's moving his feet consistently.

As a fan, I'm all right with the current state of this team. I've been hoping for a while that they would put prospects in a place to sink or swim, just so you know what you have. It's a bummer that Connolly got hurt, but this is what rebuilding on the fly looks like. As a fan, I feel fortunate that the Bruins are able to actually turn some talent over while still remaining competitive. I don't think the offseason, and related cap issues, are going to be nearly as painful as what has been discussed. Campbell and Paille move on, Louie gets shopped, and Soderberg either stays at a discount or likely moves on.

As for this year, they're playing with house money in my opinion. If I was a top seed, I'd be less than thrilled to draw Boston as my first round matchup.

wetcamelfood

Aug 19, 2007
the Bruins have a better chance of beating Montreal if they actually play the right players in the playoffs but if the team that is put out on the ice during the playoffs doesn't go with offensive players on the top 9 then I don't see us scoring many goals.

This is the crux of it. Claude either won't do it, or will wait until the Bs are down 3 games to none, in the 3rd period of game 4, with a face off in the offensive zone with 15 seconds left before he sends someone up to the press box to get players that should've been out there to dress, in time.

Sheehan555

Some Kid from Boston
Sep 22, 2012
Tewksbury, MA
niEM5M9iA.gif

Sheehan555

Some Kid from Boston
Sep 22, 2012
Tewksbury, MA
Tough loss for the Black N' Gold last night. Ideally, you don't lose to a team like Buffalo.. but that is just how our season has been going! Just when you think they're on a roll, they drop a game to Buffalo just to mess with the fans :laugh::laugh:

Still in a good spot in the playoff race. Let's dethrone the Hamburglar tomorrow night! Whattya say?

:yo::yo::yo:

Last edited:

Ice Nine

Dec 11, 2014
Parts Unknown

I think our boring offensive system of dump, chase, cycle, crowd the net, shot from point, simply isn't at all effective against an elite goaltender. Also, Montreal understands our boring system of cycling to the point, so they sit their speedy wingers high to pressure our D (and block shots) or for a quick transition-- how many breakaways and 2 on 1's did the Habs have that series? Too many.

We simply need to play more skilled forwards, who will offer a more creative attack. Right now, that's Spooner, Marchand, Pasta. The rest, boring and predictable.

Paddington

Mar 8, 2011
Toronto
I think our boring offensive system of dump, chase, cycle, crowd the net, shot from point, simply isn't at all effective against an elite goaltender. Also, Montreal understands our boring system of cycling to the point, so they sit their speedy wingers high to pressure our D (and block shots) or for a quick transition-- how many breakaways and 2 on 1's did the Habs have that series? Too many.

We simply need to play more skilled forwards, who will offer a more creative attack. Right now, that's Spooner, Marchand, Pasta. The rest, boring and predictable.

I agree. I think every team pretty much knows what every other team is going to try but the ability to execute is what matters. Right now, I don't know if the Bruins have the horses necessary to cycle and get it back to the point. In years past, the Bruins had the ability to roll 4 solid lines which would wear down the opposition but now it seems like the B's have 4 fragmented lines that can't apply the constant pressure on the forecheck. Lucic and the kids are exciting but not very responsible, the Bergy line seems short handed when Smith is invisible, the Soderberg line works hard but lacks fInish, and we all know about the 4th line, or as I like to call them, the Mer-faux line.

Having said all that, the return of Krejci and Connolly should provide some more depth and hopefully some of the liabilities will be in suits instead of a jersey.

The D corps is what it is. They'll be exposed at times but I think they can still play at a high level. It'll take an entire team effort but if the forwards and Rask can take a little pressure off the D, they aren't THAT bad.

In the playoffs, your goalie has to be great. Thomas was spectacular in 2011 and the Bruins still had to play three game 7s. What I'm saying is, Rask needs to be great, which he can be. During the streak the Bruins went on, he was outstanding and saved the team's bacon several times.

Basically, what I'm saying is that for this team to be successful, a lot of things need to come together at once. They have done this at times this season but The Bruins are a Jeckyl and Hyde team. I think they can be competitive in the playoffs but it all depends on which team shows up.

bruin blades*

Whynot us? Believe i do!

it amazes me to see how many fans or so called fans can knock the team, system, management ownership etc..sure its not been a pefect season up to this point..but the bruins are still the only east team to make the finals twice in past 4 seasons, when the playoffs start..every team is 0-0...look no further than last yr when we won the presidents trophy..it won us nothing..im not saying we will win it all..but I look at the 7 teams standing in our way and I feel boston could beat any of them..in fact bruins should be favorded vs most..sure habs have had our number but last yr we did take em to 7 games and lost a double ot game..hopefully krecji is healthy and we get a few bounces...but how about supporting the team and showing them their fans are their for them and give them that extra push..who knows what the future holds.i do know the bs will give it their best and im hoping our fans do as well! GO BS!!!!!

bruins repeat time

Apr 13, 2012
burlington ont canad
it amazes me to see how many fans or so called fans can knock the team, system, management ownership etc..sure its not been a pefect season up to this point..but the bruins are still the only east team to make the finals twice in past 4 seasons, when the playoffs start..every team is 0-0...look no further than last yr when we won the presidents trophy..it won us nothing..im not saying we will win it all..but I look at the 7 teams standing in our way and I feel boston could beat any of them..in fact bruins should be favorded vs most..sure habs have had our number but last yr we did take em to 7 games and lost a double ot game..hopefully krecji is healthy and we get a few bounces...but how about supporting the team and showing them their fans are their for them and give them that extra push..who knows what the future holds.i do know the bs will give it their best and im hoping our fans do as well! GO BS!!!!!

Well said

LSCII

Cup driven
Mar 1, 2002
Central MA
It amazes me how many fans can invest in the team both financially and emotionally and then not feel they have a right to criticize bad moves.

Agreed. You can still root for and want your team to win, all while being honest about the areas the team struggles with.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad