Very Excited for the Bruins

ksp1957

Apr 11, 2006
South Shore
if that's the case then all the more reason to face them in round one. If they are as good as their record indicates then the road to the cup will go through them either way. No sense putting off the inevitable. If the Bruins can't beat the Habs then they don't deserve to go to the finals.

I'm pleased that the Bruins may make the playoffs. I would rather have had the higher lottery level draft pick, but we can see how this team does as it's presently constructed in the playoffs. That being said, I'd rather build some confidence in the first round and not face the Habs right away. Once the Bruins win a round, then they can go up against the Habs. I have no faith in this team being able to beat the Canadiens in a playoff series.

DKH

The Bergeron of HF
Feb 27, 2002
I may be the only one who wants Montreal but bring them on. If Boston is healthy I'll take my chances. I been going to Boston-Montreal games since the late 60's and this team doesnt even rate in the top 20 of Canadiens teams that scare me.

Boston would have zero to lose in a playoff series against them and everything to gain plus ruining the Habs summer..

Montreal has 8 points against Boston but switch them and Boston would be ahead of them and first seed, suckage and all.

Certainly I respect Price and it would not surprise me if Montreal beat them, but it would not surprise me if Boston took them out.

lets just get right to the chase and play them:)

Rubber Biscuit

Sep 9, 2010
Long Island
I absolutely want Montreal in the first round.

There is nothing in sports quite like Bruins/Habs in the playoffs. It's just right.

As much as it sucks to lose to them, it's that much better to beat them. Bring 'em on

Latrappe

If Cam allow it
Nov 3, 2006
I may be the only one who wants Montreal but bring them on. If Boston is healthy I'll take my chances. I been going to Boston-Montreal games since the late 60's and this team doesnt even rate in the top 20 of Canadiens teams that scare me.

Boston would have zero to lose in a playoff series against them and everything to gain plus ruining the Habs summer..

Montreal has 8 points against Boston but switch them and Boston would be ahead of them and first seed, suckage and all.

Certainly I respect Price and it would not surprise me if Montreal beat them, but it would not surprise me if Boston took them out.

Boston would nothing to lose, that's a gimme. I just don't like our tendency to overturn the puck in our own end and our lack of fire power upfront. That would be an interesting series but I don't see the Bruins surviving for more then 5 games.

LavioletteScores

Nov 20, 2011

That's what I'm saying. Forget all this avoidance stuff. The Bruins need to beat good teams to win, doesn't matter who. Beating Montreal is always that much more pleasing!

rfournier103

Black & Gold ‘till I’m Dead & Cold.
Sponsor
Dec 17, 2011
Massachusetts
A big win yesterday against the Red Wings.

I heard on the telecast that Talbot has been a good addition to the Bruins dressing room. I think the Bruins have the talent to be competitive; they just need some fire. Maybe Talbot can add that?

Here's hoping the Bruins can make a push!

Go Bs!!!

Braunbaer

May 21, 2012
Let's see how excited everyone is gonna be when we lose 2 in a row again.

Fenian24

Jun 14, 2010
The only way the Bruins win another Stanley Cup, and that won't be this year, has been the traditional route of avoiding Montreal. The new divisions will wind up hurting the Bruins more than any other team, with the possible exception of St. Louis, and the curse will be back in full effect. Last year was proof of that.

This team gets swept by the Habs, they are slower, softer, have worse goaltending, the defense isn't as good and they won't be able to beat Price.

Besides that, everything is beautiful.

Fenian24

Jun 14, 2010

You're just looking to stack Providence so Cassidy gets a job in the NHL again :sarcasm:

Lucic and Chong

Mar 11, 2010

I'm with you on this one, DKH. Competition between rivals builds in long droughts (or periods of dominance, fromt he other perspective) and a long losing streak can be followed by a long winning streak. If the Bruins beat the Habs they instantly become Cup contenders. I think more the Habs/Price have the Bruins' number than this is an unbelievable Habs team. I could be wrong, but I'll be in rapt attention either way if the Bruins play les Canadiens in the first round this year.

The bolded above is a great point and a great way of looking at things. Thanks for posting. Go Bruins!

Emerz

#1 PLD Fanboy
Jun 5, 2013
Nova Scotia
If we can keep it up and make the playoffs, I like our chances as an underdog...

I know its weird but the only team I think we'd lose to in a 7 game series in the East is the habs, maybe blind homerism but the likes of NYR/Tampa/NYI/Detroit just don't seem scary at all..

Jean_Jacket41

Neely = HOF
Jun 25, 2003
With the smurfs
I respect your stance. But, in the first round, it's either Montreal or Tampa. Not sure the odds are 50% against these two teams. Both speedy offense against a slow defense mean penalty box. Not sure how the Bruins will survive.

No it's not. Could also be Det, NYR, NYI, Pitt or Wsh.

And we'll be a very tough out against any of these teams. And that is if we don't win...

Jean_Jacket41

Neely = HOF
Jun 25, 2003
With the smurfs
If sucking gets you into the playoffs, that's fine by me :laugh::laugh:

The Bruins are currently the only team sucking since game 1 and be in a playoffs spot. That gives you an indea how good they can be if they find their switch again.

Since Julien is here, only one team was able to beat the Bruins in less than 7 and it took a monumental last minutes collapse in game 6 against Chicago.

They will again be a tough out. The team that will get the Bruins in round 1 won't be happy at all. Even if it's the Habs. :laugh:

Jean_Jacket41

Neely = HOF
Jun 25, 2003
With the smurfs

You just know a Bruins-Habs series would go to a game 7. Always does (except when we swept them in 09). And they would be the team with all the pressure this year to not lose and have a disapointing out after a great season.

In fact, I think the Habs will lose to any team the face in round 1. Bruins included.

Bring them on.

Jean_Jacket41

Neely = HOF
Jun 25, 2003
With the smurfs
If we can keep it up and make the playoffs, I like our chances as an underdog...

I know its weird but the only team I think we'd lose to in a 7 game series in the East is the habs, maybe blind homerism but the likes of NYR/Tampa/NYI/Detroit just don't seem scary at all..

If??

PlayoffBeard365

Apr 11, 2014
Cape Cod, MA
I absolutely want Montreal in the first round.

There is nothing in sports quite like Bruins/Habs in the playoffs. It's just right.

As much as it sucks to lose to them, it's that much better to beat them. Bring 'em on

THIS! I believe we have to be able and willing to face the toughest competition at any point. The idea of circumventing the Habs and letting another team knock em out is okay but not the mindset of a Champion.

And in theory, if we did beat them in Round 1 the road to LSC looks pretty likely.

rfournier103

Black & Gold ‘till I’m Dead & Cold.
Sponsor
Dec 17, 2011
Massachusetts
The idea of circumventing the Habs and letting another team knock em out is okay but not the mindset of a Champion.

Maybe, but potentially losing another series to them doesn't appeal to me.

I hate the Montreal Canadiens more than the Lakers, Yankees, and New York Football Giants COMBINED. Losing to them brings out the worst in me, and it's not fun.

If the Bruins don't have to play Montreal, that's fine with me.

Sheehan555

Some Kid from Boston
Sep 22, 2012
Tewksbury, MA
Getting the Habs in the first round will be nothing less than a 7 game series, as stated by many.

Ideally though, I think the Bruins would want Tampa in Round 1. I absolutely believe Boston could take out Tampa in a 7 game series. Although, it wouldn't be as sweet as knocking out Montreal ;)

xStanleyCupsFor

Sep 12, 2014
The only way the Bruins win another Stanley Cup, and that won't be this year, has been the traditional route of avoiding Montreal. The new divisions will wind up hurting the Bruins more than any other team, with the possible exception of St. Louis, and the curse will be back in full effect. Last year was proof of that.

This team gets swept by the Habs, they are slower, softer, have worse goaltending, the defense isn't as good and they won't be able to beat Price.

If the Habs don't sweep the Bruins in an easy 4 games it'll be an utter embarrassment on their part. I'd be surprised if the Bruins score more than 4 goals total.

The Habs have the edge in EVERY single department: defence, scoring, goaltending, PP, PK, coaching, physical play, mental toughness, psychological edge...heck even home ice advantage and officiating if that's your thing.

Prove me wrong hockey gods! ;)

DKH

The Bergeron of HF
Feb 27, 2002
You're just looking to stack Providence so Cassidy gets a job in the NHL again :sarcasm:

Cassidy will be in Boston as long as Chiarelli is in Boston:laugh:

as underwhelming as Boston has been this year- flip their 4 game series with 'just' Montreal and the Bruins are ahead of Habs

Last edited:

trenton1

Bergeron for Hart
Dec 19, 2003
Loge 31 Row 10

Didn't the Bruins beat Montreal en route to their last Cup in 2011?

It was just barely though, so it probably doesn't really count.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad