Very Excited for the Bruins

Sheehan555

Some Kid from Boston
Sep 22, 2012
Tewksbury, MA
I don't know about you guys, but I, personally, am extremely excited for the remainder of this season.

We've been spoiled the last few years, especially last year. Despite still watching every game last year, with the Bruins winning as much as they did, it was kind of dull up until playoff time. None of the games really mattered, we just hoped nobody would get hurt. This year, we have something to be excited for, a reason to watch every remaining regular season game.

I think the best part about this is the 3 remaining games against Florida. Will really be interesting to see how the Bruins do.

Overall, I just love the fact that the Bruins aren't the favorites. They have to find that fight they have almost had to take for granted the last couple of seasons and finish strong at the end of the Regular season. It's time for everyone to step up and make it happen.

Granted they haven't played great against Montreal this year, but imagine how great that first round match-up could be. You know they want to solidify that playoff spot and get to that Montreal match-up. Get that Game 1 win under their belts and realize that they can beat the Habs this year. Last year, we were disappointed the Bruins lost to the Habs, because it's the Habs, for one, but we also had such high expectations for the "President's Trophy" Winner. Now, we don't have any expectations. Only hope. And for that reason, it makes this so much more fun to watch.

Going full-out Homer mode until the end of the season. I can't wait until tomorrow night.

LET'S GO BRUINS :yo::yo::yo::yo::yo:

LSCII

Cup driven
Mar 1, 2002
Central MA
I'm interested in how they integrate Connolly and Talbot, and of course I want them to make the playoffs, despite this being a down season. Hopefully they go on a run here and head into the playoffs with some momentum. Should be interesting to see how they respond to the changes and the down the homestretch in a fight just to qualify for the playoffs.

xgallantx

Sold Soul for a Cup
Oct 2, 2006
Newfoundland
It is what it is. And in all liklihood we're probably heading for a first rd. match-up with the Habs...and who doesn't love that!! Go B's!!!!

Czerk

Feb 13, 2007
Riverview
I have watch Connolly quite a bit this year (Lightning Season Ticket Holder) and I can tell you he is a big body, quick release and goes to the net.

Not as BIG and strong as Lucic, but much better hands and quicker feet. Given the chance with a playmaking center, he could flourish.

Concerns? His D and back checking is well below what Clode is going to want. This could hamper him with Ice Time with Clode.

It is early, but this could be the type of trade the Bruins made for Neely. Somewhat unknown player, put in the right situation, becomes superstar and clutch player... of course, he could also be Yashin.. LOL

Stone Clode

Kicks him, stunner!!
Jun 1, 2010
Swansea, MA
Good post, OP. It'll really give us some interesting games to watch down the stretch. Hopefully they can establish a consistent set of 4 lines and utilize that the control the final 20 games and go into the playoffs with everybody healthy and understanding of their position. I honestly wouldn't be surprised if this team finally started to click and made a run similar to 2010. I personally think they have the talent to do so, despite the deficiencies on the back end. At the very least, it'll be exciting to see this team hopefully make some noise in the playoffs.

Sheehan555

Some Kid from Boston
Sep 22, 2012
Tewksbury, MA
Complaining won't do you much good after the deadline. Whether you like what you have or not, if you're a true fan, you'll support it.

I'm a Bruins fan. Whomever they have out on that ice is who I'll be cheering for.

HumBucker

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Sep 7, 2005
Toronto
Great post! I wish they'd gotten some help on D, but if this team plays up to its abilities, they can hang with anyone.

An underdog mentality and some new blood up front may be just what this squad needs.

Plus, certain players find a new gear once the post-season starts. Who knows what we'll get from players like Pasta, Connolly, Talbot, etc. If the core steps up and some of the new guys contribute... it could be an interesting rest of the season and POs.

I know we all like to analyze and critique the moves made by the FO and coaches, but these days I'm more likely to adopt the position that there's nothing we can do about it - so just enjoy the ride.

OConnellsProtege

Nov 23, 2011
Yes, I am also looking forward to see how these new guys will fill in. Speaking of that, anyone know much about Paul Carey? Is he looking like an AHL lifer, or could step into a 4th line role?

rcduthie77

Mar 31, 2007
Hamilton, Ontario
Yes, I am also looking forward to see how these new guys will fill in. Speaking of that, anyone know much about Paul Carey? Is he looking like an AHL lifer, or could step into a 4th line role?

My brother is a huge Avs fan, watches pretty much every game (and has since Roy went there in 96, traded in his Habs jersey when Roy did :laugh:).

He LOVED Paul Carey, first thing he told me was don't expect a star, don't expect anything more then he is. BUT he will work his bag off for the team, never takes a shift off always skating and trying to find something to hit.

On a side note, my brother HATED the trade, was big on both Talbot and Carey for their roles, doesn't think much of Caron replacing Talbot :laugh:

Sheehan555

Some Kid from Boston
Sep 22, 2012
Tewksbury, MA

He's a defensemen who I've associated with the Avalanche for a while since I've seen him on their team in video games. But from my understanding, he's an AHL guy who could step in for a game or two here or there.

Not sure why I wrote defensemen. Was having a conversation while typing lol.

Fenian24

Jun 14, 2010
Like to see some of the Providence kids get a chance, specifically Randell and Flick, but at this point you have to root for what's on the ice. A very flawed, soft team put together by a lame duck, bad GM. Go Bruins.

Rubber Biscuit

Sep 9, 2010
Long Island
I'm interested in how they integrate Connolly and Talbot, and of course I want them to make the playoffs, despite this being a down season. Hopefully they go on a run here and head into the playoffs with some momentum. Should be interesting to see how they respond to the changes and the down the homestretch in a fight just to qualify for the playoffs.

Hopefully it'll be good fort them to scratch and claw a bit after years of making it comfortable. It really seems to me like there's been a "regular season doesn't matter" attitude with this team all year and it's clearly hurt their play.

Maybe they'll start to put a good stretch together.

Fenian24

Jun 14, 2010
Hopefully it'll be good fort them to scratch and claw a bit after years of making it comfortable. It really seems to me like there's been a "regular season doesn't matter" attitude with this team all year and it's clearly hurt their play.

I would love to see them become the L.A. Kings, or Islanders of the early 80's. Teams that the regular season was just a warm up, but I just don't see this team having the heart or talent to turn it on and off when it needs to.

jgatie

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Sep 22, 2011

I know he's related (I believe cousin once removed) to Jim Carey, the once Vezina winning goaltender who is also from Weymouth, and Paul Carey, who played for the Baltimore Orioles (Brother of Jim). (Can you tell I'm from Weymouth?)

Rubber Biscuit

Sep 9, 2010
Long Island
I would love to see them become the L.A. Kings, or Islanders of the early 80's. Teams that the regular season was just a warm up, but I just don't see this team having the heart or talent to turn it on and off when it needs to.

I think the talent's mostly there. They're certainly more talented than their record and level of play would indicate. Agreed on the heart, though. Maybe adding Talbot helps? Maybe adding to new guys helps them step it up.

LSCII

Cup driven
Mar 1, 2002
Central MA

Yep. I'm hoping that just by adding some new faces to the mix, the team will get it's head on straight and at the very least start giving a full effort most nights. If they do that and still come up short, I can at least rationalize it. I also believe that if they do start getting and giving a more consistent effort, the talent remaining here will win out and they'll be a scary team to face in the playoffs. It's really all mental now. So hopefully the shakeup at the deadline will result in some positives.

Roll 4 Lines

Pastafarian!
Nov 6, 2008
In The Midnight Hour
Nothing would make me happier than repaying Montreal for 1971 and 2004.

Bring it.

And 2014! :rant:

Love the original post!

From here on out, almost every game is a playoff game, and every year at least one or 2 teams that finish the season that way knock off a 1 or 2 seed that's been sitting around scratching their bean bags.

Certainly not flawless analogies, but I liken the recent acquisitions of Connelly and Talbot as to getting a 22-year-old Horton, and an aging Recchi.

The D is the weak link, but the forward lines should be good.

It gets no better than Bruins/Habs in the playoffs!

Scotto74

taking a break
Oct 7, 2005
Kingston, MA
I don't know about you guys, but I, personally, am extremely excited for the remainder of this season.

We've been spoiled the last few years, especially last year. Despite still watching every game last year, with the Bruins winning as much as they did, it was kind of dull up until playoff time. None of the games really mattered, we just hoped nobody would get hurt. This year, we have something to be excited for, a reason to watch every remaining regular season game.

I think the best part about this is the 3 remaining games against Florida. Will really be interesting to see how the Bruins do.

Overall, I just love the fact that the Bruins aren't the favorites. They have to find that fight they have almost had to take for granted the last couple of seasons and finish strong at the end of the Regular season. It's time for everyone to step up and make it happen.

Granted they haven't played great against Montreal this year, but imagine how great that first round match-up could be. You know they want to solidify that playoff spot and get to that Montreal match-up. Get that Game 1 win under their belts and realize that they can beat the Habs this year. Last year, we were disappointed the Bruins lost to the Habs, because it's the Habs, for one, but we also had such high expectations for the "President's Trophy" Winner. Now, we don't have any expectations. Only hope. And for that reason, it makes this so much more fun to watch.

Going full-out Homer mode until the end of the season. I can't wait until tomorrow night.

LET'S GO BRUINS :yo::yo::yo::yo::yo:

:handclap:

TheBigBadB

Feb 13, 2003
North Andover
Visit site
I am just curious how the vets act since I am sure most believed there would be a change or two with the current group during the deadline. Since the roster is basically the same I wonder if they play better or worst. If anything it will be an interesting time to watch because how they play may be directly related to what happens in the off season.

Sheppy

Nov 23, 2011
The Arctic
I'm really excited to get a better view of Connolly. Haven't really paid attention to him since the World Juniors to be honest.

Hopefully the 38 year old 22 year old can be a force!

mislysBB

Aug 6, 2013
Northeast
Hoping the new blood can give the team some serious momentum going into the PO's. They'll definitely need it.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad