WC: Versus to air 2011 WC

Harv

R.I.P. Pavol.
Dec 30, 2007
versustv Versus Network
@
@8kpower hi! We're on a same day delay with the game. The game will be airing at 11pm.

Thank god. I can't miss that old guy with the Texas hat who likes to fish.

jkrdevil

UnRegistered User
Apr 24, 2006
Miami
It isn't because of the fishing shows. I believe the Kentucky Derby draw is at 5 and they don't want to risk the game going past time.

The World Championships have just been filler programming for Versus. I don't think there has been any promotion of the games.

jkrdevil

UnRegistered User
Apr 24, 2006
Miami
I meant for Versus.

USA-Canada will be live tomorrow I believe.

USA-France almost certainly will be on delay. VS. has Kentucky Derby coverage all afternoon leading into NBC's coverage of the race. Don't think they are going to interupt that. They only way I could see it on live is if NBC shifts some of the Versus pre-race to NBC because the Lightning-Caps series is over.

I would assume USA-Switzerland would be live Monday morning.

FultonReed

derailer of threads
Jul 28, 2010
Brooklyn, NY
USA-Canada will be live tomorrow I believe.

USA-France almost certainly will be on delay. VS. has Kentucky Derby coverage all afternoon leading into NBC's coverage of the race. Don't think they are going to interupt that. They only way I could see it on live is if NBC shifts some of the Versus pre-race to NBC because the Lightning-Caps series is over.

I would assume USA-Switzerland would be live Monday morning.

better be live tomorrow morning... can't miss that game (even though it'll potentially end badly for the USA)

KaylaJ

i bent my wookie
Mar 12, 2009
hell
According to my menu guide VS does not have it listed yet, which means I'll have to basically set the DVR to maybe this time to maybe this time and maybe get the game

William H Bonney

Feb 27, 2002
Colorado
Just an FYI for all:

The USA/Canada is NOW showing in my guide (I have ATT Uverse). It just populated within the last 15 minutes. So for those of you that need to record it as well, I'd check your guide to see if it's there now.

Just in time for me as I'm about to head to work.

GKJ

Global Moderator
Feb 27, 2002
Glad it's on today. Stayed home from work because of sickness. This helps the day to by.

Hopefully they show the WJC's when that comes up, even if some of them are on delay. Kids are sitting around at home during Winter Break, it would give them hockey to watch.

LaxSabre

Apr 19, 2006
North Tonawanda, NY
At the end of the coverage of United States-France - Versus announced that they will
have two games on Monday and both of them will be shown LIVE. 10:00 am ET -
United States vs Switzerland. 2:00 pm ET - Canada vs Sweden. (I can back this up
as both my TV on screen guide and the listings at TVGuide.com saids this is the case.)

TSN in Canada will also be showing these two games LIVE.

According to my TV online guide and the listings over at TVGuide.com - Canada-Sweden not
United States-Switzerland will be repeated on Monday evening at the earliest 11:00 pm ET or
whenever the Hockey Central post-game show for Game #6 of the Nashville-Vancouver series ends.
(I wonder if the United States-Switzerland game turns out to be the better/exciting game of the two -
would they make the switch.)

LS...

Last edited:

LaxSabre

Apr 19, 2006
North Tonawanda, NY
According to my TV online guide and the listings over at TVGuide.com - Canada-Sweden not
United States-Switzerland will be repeated on Monday evening at the earliest 11:00 pm ET or
whenever the Hockey Central post-game show for Game #6 of the Nashville-Vancouver series ends.
(I wonder if the United States-Switzerland game turns out to be the better/exciting game of the two -
would they make the switch.)

Well the reason Canada-Sweden game is being replayed later tonight and not the United States-Switzerland
game is because Versus is going to replay the United States-Switzerland game from 5:00 pm ET to 7:30 pm ET.
(Guess no switch either!)

In between games, Versus is replaying "Hockey Day Across America" which is a show featuring some of those
hockey vinettes that appeared during NBCs coverage of "Hockey Day In America" that happened last Feburary 20.

As for quarterfinal coverage - hopefully Versus adds the Russia-Canada game to their already planned coverage
of the United States-Czech Republic game.

LS...

Last edited:

MTGriz

May 10, 2011
Quarter Finals

Nothing showing in program guide for Wednesday for Versus. What's going on?

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad