WC: Versus to air 2011 WC

Fitzy

Very Stable Genius
Jan 29, 2009
Well, this is a nice step.

If they started airing the world juniors, i'd hardly have anything to complain about.

teris

Dec 6, 2006
Will this affect the playoffs somehow?

The games are in Slovakia. The evening matches start at 20:15 CET which is 14:15 EST. I'm sure VS won't have a playoff game and a WC game coincide. And even if there was an NHL game at that hour while VS was broadcasting the WC, I'm sure they would just cut from the WC to NHL in the middle of it all.
:huh: The WJC doesn't coincide with the NHL playoffs.

This thread is about the 2011 men's world championships. Not the WJC.

JVR21

Jan 27, 2010
The games are in Slovakia. The evening matches start at 20:15 CET which is 14:15 EST. I'm sure VS won't have a playoff game and a WC game coincide. And even if there was an NHL game at that hour while VS was broadcasting the WC, I'm sure they would just cut from the WC to NHL in the middle of it all.

This thread is about the 2011 men's world championships. Not the WJC.
Well **** me. The WJC is much more exciting and important than the WC... :(.

DaveG

Noted Jerk
Apr 7, 2003
Winston-Salem NC
About time. Pity there's no team Canada games there (unless they make the Gold Medal Game), but it's not like I'm doing anything better on most of the days/times listed anyway.

jkrdevil

UnRegistered User
Apr 24, 2006
Miami
Going through the TV Guide as far as I can (which is May 2nd) Versus will have the first two Team USA games live. vs Austria at 10 am on 4/30 and vs. Norway at 10 on 5/2. Am going to assume they will have vs. Sweden on the May 4th.

Though other than that it looks like no non-USA games. Don't know about the knockout rounds though.

William H Bonney

Feb 27, 2002
Colorado
Versus released their preliminary schedule today.

The network reports that it will televise a substantial amount of games from the tournament, “including four preliminary-round games, at least three qualification-round games and at least one quarterfinal game.” Versus says that it will air every game by the U.S. team if it advances beyond the first round, but even if it doesn’t make it to the semifinals, the network will still air those two games (on May 13) as well as the gold medal game (May 15).

VERSUS’ preliminary round coverage of the 2011 World Championships is as follows (all times ET, subject to change):

Saturday, April 30 — USA-Austria (Live) — 10 a.m.

Monday, May 2 — USA-Norway (Live) — 10 a.m.

Tuesday, May 3 — Canada-Switzerland — TBD

Wednesday, May 4 — USA-Sweden — TBD

http://prohockeytalk.nbcsports.com/...e-2011-mens-iihf-world-championships/related/

KaylaJ

i bent my wookie
Mar 12, 2009
hell
So same schedule as rumored before, but Sweden is included. Neat

Would be neat if they reran a few in the afternoon or something

William H Bonney

Feb 27, 2002
Colorado
So same schedule as rumored before, but Sweden is included. Neat

Would be neat if they reran a few in the afternoon or something

You mean Canada? I thought ever since the news leaked VS planned to air all the Team USA games.

Although it's interesting that Versus doesn't commit to televising the Relegation Round games if we end up there again. :laugh:

KaylaJ

i bent my wookie
Mar 12, 2009
hell
You mean Canada? I thought ever since the news leaked VS planned to air all the Team USA games.

Although it's interesting that Versus doesn't commit to televising the Relegation Round games if we end up there again. :laugh:

Truthfully, I didn't even notice the Canada~Swiss one til now! That one seems kind of weird to show, but I must've been confusing all the other reports of US 3 games plus the medal game with the extra Canada game (whoosh over my head lol)

And shhhh about the RR! I have hope this year! :cry::laugh:

HajdukSplit

Nov 9, 2005
NJ
is Universal Sports (or whatever the channel is called) showing any games? I remember last year they showed quite a few, even non-US preliminary round games

cagney

cdojdmccjajgejncjaba
Jun 17, 2002
Is tomorrows game against Sweden not showing up in anyone elses guide?

CDeeps

Apr 15, 2005
Is tomorrows game against Sweden not showing up in anyone elses guide?

I don't see it either. My tv guide only has taped coverage playing at 11:00 p.m. But according to USA Hockey.com, Versus will air this game live.

jkrdevil

UnRegistered User
Apr 24, 2006
Miami
It isn't on the Versus guide on NBCsports.com

Though at the end of the USA-Norway telecast they said coverage begins at 2 on Wednesday.

cagney

cdojdmccjajgejncjaba
Jun 17, 2002
I noticed Versus has "Ice Hockey" listed at 11pm eastern time tomorrow. Given they bumped the Canada game from today to midnight, I have a sneaking suspision that might be the new time for the US game. It's absurdly pathetic if this tournament can't even compete with the fishing and hunting shows that are now listed in the original time slot.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad