WC: Versus to air 2011 WC

v-man

Apr 19, 2006
Toronto
www.ivories.ca
Cool. I hope TSN smartens up and starts broadcasting some of the other games on TSN2, instead of constant re-runs of Sports Center and fishing, poker and dog shows (all of which should have no place on a sports network to begin with).

cagney

cdojdmccjajgejncjaba
Jun 17, 2002
That's nice but those times would be brutal. I'd rather watch the games on tape delay on the NHL Network than try and figure out a way to see a game at 9:15 in the morning on a week day.

Rabid Ranger

2 is better than one
Feb 27, 2002
Murica
Great news. Hopefully this will help USA Hockey convince more players to show up this time.

Looking at the projected standings, I would say the U.S. should have some good players to choose from that actually stand a good chance of accepting their invite. I'll post my potential roster in another thread.

therealdeal

Apr 22, 2005
Looking at the projected standings, I would say the U.S. should have some good players to choose from that actually stand a good chance of accepting their invite. I'll post my potential roster in another thread.

It'd be good at some point to start up a potential teams thread, but the standings are bouncing around so much it might be hard to project a team!

obsenssive*

Cool. I hope TSN smartens up and starts broadcasting some of the other games on TSN2, instead of constant re-runs of Sports Center and fishing, poker and dog shows (all of which should have no place on a sports network to begin with).

yes I've always thought that TSN/sportsnet/the score should eliminate non-sports and useless sports and show european hockey. 1) it has several familiar faces, 2) draft picks, 3) its just as good hockey as the NHL, 4) canadians love hockey, 5) they have real fans and crowds so we could learn a thing or two, etc..

they show EUFA cup and premiership matches but not KHL or Eliteserien.. it's just incompetent programming....

obsenssive*

what exactly is the coverage of this "Universal Sports network"? it almost seems like it doesn't exist.

Mathradio

Drive for 25
Oct 11, 2010
consanguinephysics.wordpress.com
yes I've always thought that TSN/sportsnet/the score should eliminate non-sports and useless sports and show european hockey. 1) it has several familiar faces, 2) draft picks, 3) its just as good hockey as the NHL, 4) canadians love hockey, 5) they have real fans and crowds so we could learn a thing or two, etc..

they show EUFA cup and premiership matches but not KHL or Eliteserien.. it's just incompetent programming....

Or rather, split up soccer and KHL/European major-league hockey programming and put the WC as well.

MountainHawk

Sep 29, 2005
Salem, MA
what exactly is the coverage of this "Universal Sports network"? it almost seems like it doesn't exist.
Universal Sports is NBC's digital sports channel that covers world championships of many Olympic sports. It's not widely available in the US unless you have digital cable or live close enough to a station to pick it up OTA.

therealdeal

Apr 22, 2005
Does Canada have any form of verses? Will we get it on our OLN network or whatever its called?

QnebO

Wheel, snipe, celly
Feb 11, 2010
That's nice but those times would be brutal. I'd rather watch the games on tape delay on the NHL Network than try and figure out a way to see a game at 9:15 in the morning on a week day.

You americans are used for too good times.. If i want to watch ducks games, i cant go to sleep before 6am when games usually start like 4am. :p Well atleast night is freetime so I can acutually see the games, if i just accecpt to **** up my sleeping rythm.

cagney

cdojdmccjajgejncjaba
Jun 17, 2002
You americans are used for too good times.. If i want to watch ducks games, i cant go to sleep before 6am when games usually start like 4am. :p Well atleast night is freetime so I can acutually see the games, if i just accecpt to **** up my sleeping rythm.

You're right. That's why I decided to stop being a whiny punk and get a DVR like AD suggested. It was either that or quit my job. Hopefully the US team gives me something worth watching.

wjhl2009fan

Nov 13, 2008
DiesIrae
It all comes down to demand there is a massive demand for soccer even fishing and pker have a big demand for what ever reason there does not seem to be a demand for khl etc.

KaylaJ

i bent my wookie
Mar 12, 2009
hell
Just saw this and very glad to see. I didn't have Universal last year (that I knew of) and I'm not 100% certain I have it this year. Just got a DVR last week and with the playoffs and WC I am going to stuff it silly lol.

Cheli

Jul 6, 2008
Toronto/Waterloo
Does Canada have any form of verses? Will we get it on our OLN network or whatever its called?

A bit late, but TSN is going to be showing all of Canada's and USA's preliminary round games, most of the qualification games between Groups B and C (the groups that Canada and the US are in), and the entire playoff/medal round.

http://tsn.ca/canadian_hockey/feature/?id=11970 (scroll down)

AmericanDream

Thank you Elon!
Oct 24, 2005
Chicago Manitoba
I think the VS channel might be rethinking airing this thing in the US....

We just added Tim Stapleton and Mike Brown to the team.... I think I would take Pat Stapleton and Doug Brown at this point over those two...

The US team might be in danger of relegation again if some players dont start stepping up soon...I cant imagine the draw for VS with this kind of roster so far...

Neil Hamburger

Five Bagger!
Jun 15, 2010
Toronto
I think the VS channel might be rethinking airing this thing in the US....

We just added Tim Stapleton and Mike Brown to the team.... I think I would take Pat Stapleton and Doug Brown at this point over those two...

The US team might be in danger of relegation again if some players dont start stepping up soon...I cant imagine the draw for VS with this kind of roster so far...

Mike Brown is an awesome role-player, who'll put his heart and soul into every game. Ask any Ducks, or Leafs fan this guys a really good 4th liner.

GKJ

Global Moderator
Feb 27, 2002
Finally. Not like they were doing anything better during the day.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad