Rumor: Versteeg to Sign 1 Year Deal

Status
Not open for further replies.

KeithIsActuallyBad

You thrust your pelvis, huh!
Apr 12, 2010
Calgary
Hey man...you haven't bothered to address my points at all. Not once. You just keep repeating your narrative.

No hard feelings but there is no point in continuing here.

So what could the Oilers have offered besides more money? There wasn't an opportunity to play with McDavid on the Oilers nor should there be.

At the end of the day the player decides where he goes. He went with the better opportunity that's more likely to set him up better for the future.

guymez

The Seldom Seen Kid
Mar 3, 2004
Is it possible for you to stop ignoring every point that is brought forward as a counter argument?

Yes...apparently it is...GK is doing a fine job of that.

Read my posts...I have already addressed why Versteegs options were limited on the Oilers.

Here's a hint...its about a certain team valuing inexperience more than experience.

KeithIsActuallyBad

You thrust your pelvis, huh!
Apr 12, 2010
Calgary
Yes...apparently it is...GK is doing a fine job of that.

Read my posts...I have already addressed why Versteegs options were limited on the Oilers.

Here's a hint...its about a certain team valuing inexperience more than experience.

Or that the Flames offered him something the Oilers couldn't. A better team with better players on a better line.

Wouldn't you want to play with those two over the Oilers 2nd/3rd line?

ujju2

Apr 9, 2016
Edmonton, AB
Lol indeed...but not in the way you are suggesting.

So you tell me how the opportunity with the Flames would be better if the Oilers valued experience more than inexperience?

Thats exactly the reason why the opportunity in Calgary was better...because the Oilers made a decision to go with inexperienced players in their 2nd and 3rd line.

If that wasnt true then the opportunities would have been more equal.

Make sense?

Actually, Versteeg had a spot on the third line. Also, if you would honestly rather play Versteeg in your top 6 than Draisaitl, you are out of your mind. Draisaitl, despite his inexperience, is miles ahead of Versteeg. Did quite well in the top 6 last year as well. Much better than Versteeg, to the point that experience doesn't even matter.

CupofOil

Knob Flavored Coffey
Aug 20, 2009
NYC
How can anyone blame Chia for Versteeg choosing to sign in Calgary? Even if he got the same opportunity here, there's no guarantees that he would have chosen Edmonton and quite frankly, Versteeg did nothing in the last 2 games to earn a contract, he was awful.

Where Chia dropped the ball was not picking up PAP. Nothing to lose and at worst he would have been quality depth. That was the real headscratcher.

guymez

The Seldom Seen Kid
Mar 3, 2004
So what could the Oilers have offered besides more money? There wasn't an opportunity to play with McDavid on the Oilers nor should there be.

At the end of the day the player decides where he goes. He went with the better opportunity that's more likely to set him up better for the future.

Come on man. Do you really expect me to repeat the same explanation again? Is your strategy just to try and tire me out by having me type the same thing over and over again? :laugh:

Remember my comment about going in circles...it really does apply here.

kevy999

Sep 12, 2016
Or that the Flames offered him something the Oilers couldn't. A better team with better players on a better line.

Wouldn't you want to play with those two over the Oilers 2nd/3rd line?
Better team? lol would rather have our top six than theirs and that is why Versteeg went, he couldn't make our top 6

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

• Toulouse vs Montpellier
    Toulouse vs Montpellier
    Wagers: 3
    Staked: $246.00
    Event closes
    • Updated:
  • Hoffenheim vs RB Leipzig
    Hoffenheim vs RB Leipzig