Movies: Venom Movie May Be Filming Fall 2017; Horror Sci-Fi

End on a Hinote

Registered Abuser
Aug 22, 2011
Northern British Columbia
Just saw the trailer. Looks good, but quite dark considering its in the same universe as the lighter Spiderman: Homecoming. Gave me more of an X-Men vibe. I wonder how it will be like should this Venom and Spiderman meet, which I imagine will be the case.

SeidoN

#OGOC #2018 HFW Predictions Champ
Aug 8, 2012
AEF
I thought the CGI was mostly fine. if its not done, even better

the only part that looked a bit off to me was grabbing the motorbike. i thought the Venom face was really great tbh.

beowulf

Not a nice guy.
Jan 29, 2005
Ottawa
Just saw the trailer. Looks good, but quite dark considering its in the same universe as the lighter Spiderman: Homecoming. Gave me more of an X-Men vibe. I wonder how it will be like should this Venom and Spiderman meet, which I imagine will be the case.
Yes and no to the same universe. It's not an MCU film per say, but rumors persist that Holland will be in it as a cameo so I guess we shall see.

Pilky01

Jan 30, 2012
GTA
1o-qaIwypX0RhFQCSdmart4X-E47NwReqxCCGNmQCyE.jpg

Sigh....

OhCaptainMyCaptain

May 5, 2014
Earth
I am always amazed when people judge a movie 7 months away based on one trailer. Looks fine to me. I'll save my judgement on the movie for when it comes out.... in 7 months.

Reactions: Huggy43

The Drop

Rain Drop, Drop Top
Jul 12, 2015
Vancouver
God I hope this doesn't fall into the trap of having a star in the movie getting more screen time than the actual comic book character in the movie.

beowulf

Not a nice guy.
Jan 29, 2005
Ottawa
Speaking with Collider, Woody Harrelson confirmed he appears in a “fraction” of Venom, but will have a much larger role in a projected sequel.
I’m in a little fraction of this movie, but I’ll be in the next one, you know? So I haven’t read that script, but anyways, just rolled the dice.​

BertCorbeau

F*ck cancer - RIP Fugu and Buffaloed
Jan 6, 2012
Simcoe County
Like the look of it.

Can't see it not tying in with the MCU to be honest, I'll be disappointed if it doesn't. While the last Spider-Man wasn't too dark, how Infinity War ended certainly sets Spider-Man up for character development into a young adult with darker themed movies that follow the next Avengers. Not that I want it tied in with the second Avengers movie next year, but perhaps the following Spider-Man movies that will come afterwards.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad