Velociraptor's Annual Mock Draft - 2013 - Drafting Thread

Velociraptor

May 12, 2007
Big Smoke
Sorry on the wait folks!

:nucks

With the 206th overall selection in the 2013 NHL Entry Draft, the Vancouver Canucks are very pleased to select from the St. Cloud State Huskies in the National Collegiate Athletic Association, Right Wing Jonny Brodzinski

stcloudstate.mice_.12613.jpg

"An overager this year, we think Jonny is an excellent offensive producer that can step into the organization as soon as possible, he had a very impressive freshman year in college."

Next GM notified.

:nucks 2013 Entry Draft

(1-25) Robert Hägg - Defenseman - MODO (Elitserien) (6'2", 203 lbs)
(3-86) Viktor Crus-Rydberg - Centre - Linkoping (Elitserien) (5'11", 190 lbs)
(4-116) Will Butcher - Defenseman - US U-18 (USHL) (5'11", 200 lbs)
(5-146) Kurt Etchegary - Centre - Quebec (QMJHL) (5'11", 185 lbs)
(6-176) Kayle Doetzel - Defenseman - Red Deer (WHL) (6'2", 194 lbs)
(7-206) Jonny Brodzinski - Right Wing - St. Cloud State (NCAA) (6'1", 203 lbs)

ManByng

It's Me OilTastic
Aug 4, 2009
St. Albert, Alberta
^if you do another draft before the actual one begins, maybe we should try to get people to go a bit faster, though i do understand people are working or writing exams, so they can be quite busy.

Kirk- NEHJ

Aug 22, 2002
CAV Country!
www.hockeyjournal.com
The :bruins select

Center BRIAN PINHO, St. John's Prep

27. Morgan Klimchuk, C/LW Regina (WHL)
57. Emile Poirier, LW Gatineau (QMJHL)
88. Zach Sanford, C/LW Middlesex IHC (EJHL)
118. Kyle Burroughs, D Regina Pats (WHL)
148. Eric Locke, C Saginaw Spirit (OHL)
178. Wiley Sherman, D Hotchkiss School (High- CT)
208. Brian Pinho, C St. John's Prep (High- MA)

thefeebster

Mar 13, 2009
Vancouver
I have messaged Latvian and Terrence to make their picks just now. We have only 3 left and I am last! Let me make my pick!! :D

LT

Global Moderator
Jul 23, 2010
extralarge.png

The San Jose Sharks are proud to select, from the WHL's Seattle Thunderbirds...

154217727-taylor-green-of-the-seattle-thunderbirds-gettyimages.jpg

Taylor Green!

Drafted Players
23rd Overall - Curtis Lazar, Center
46th Overall - Oliver Bjorkstrand, Winger
53rd Overall - Tommy Vannelli, Defender
114th Overall - Sergei Tolchinsky, Winger
144th Overall - Justin Auger, Winger
204th Overall - Markus Söberg, Winger
209th Overall - Taylor Green, Defender

LT

Global Moderator
Jul 23, 2010
extralarge.png

Drafted Players
23rd Overall - Curtis Lazar, Center
46th Overall - Oliver Bjorkstrand, Winger
53rd Overall - Tommy Vannelli, Defender
114th Overall - Sergei Tolchinsky, Winger
144th Overall - Justin Auger, Winger
204th Overall - Markus Söberg, Winger
209th Overall - Taylor Green, Defender

Pretty happy with how my draft class turned out. I added a couple high-risk-high-reward players in Tolchinsky and Vanelli, but for the most part the rest of the group looks to have at least a minor NHL impact. Auger and Green are both huge, 6'7" giants, and look to be at least solid bottom line assets down the road, while players like Tolchinsky and Vanelli have sky high offensive potential. Lazar sticks with the theme of staying strong down the middle and he'll be a near perfect 3rd line center behind Couture and Pavs. Bjorkstrand and Soberg are both wildcards, but San Jose's prospect pool is really lacking on the wing, so I'm glad I added both of these guys. I feel like I got solid value at every pick, while still keeping with San Jose's needs. My only mistake was not taking Bowey at 46, as I simply didn't realize he was available. He was pretty easily the BPA, but I'm still happy with Bjorkstrand.

Anyone wanna rate how I did? Comments and criticism will be appreciated.

Terrence

Aug 3, 2010
With the 210th pick of the 2013 NHL Entry Draft, the :pens are pleased to select, from the Prince George Cougars of the WHL, Marc McNulty!

Marc%20McNulty%20Website1511.jpg

:pens Picks:

3 (78) - Linus Arnesson | D
3 (90) - Spencer Martin | G
4 (120) - Juuso Ikonen | RW
6 (180) - Eddie Ellis | C
7 (195) - Luke Johnson | C
7 (210) - Marc McNulty | D

Next GM PM'd.

thefeebster

Mar 13, 2009
Vancouver
:hawks

With the 211st overall selection in the 2013 NHL Entry Draft, the Chicago Blackhawks are pleased to select from the Guelph Storm of the OHL, winger, Tyler Bertuzzi.

f8c30c8d4812987d4951e0c5b30c.jpg

Next GM to be PM'd.​

Velociraptor

May 12, 2007
Big Smoke
Great work guys! We finished!

Feel free to post summaries of how you think you did.

:blues

Ben Betker, D, Everett (WHL)

:flames

Trevor Murphy, D, Windsor (OHL)

Hale The Villain

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Apr 2, 2008
Thanks Velociraptor for doing this again, as usual was a lot of fun

:sens

2013 Draft

19th (1st) - LW, Andre Burakowsky (Malmo, Allsvenskan)
- Happy with this selection. Burakowsky is the total package offensively, and a player that certainly has the potential to be a top 6 forward down the road. The fact that he is Swedish is gravy. HFSens actually voted to take Burakowsky in the HF Mock Draft Poll, so it's a selection a lot of Sens fans would be happy with as well.

80th (3rd) - D, Michael Downing (Dubuque, USHL)
- I think this is a player that has really flown under the radar. He's big, can skate, and has a big shot that should translate to points at higher levels. He's heading to Michigan next season, and I expect he'll translate very well with the skills package he possesses.

99th (4th) - LW, Remi Elie (London, OHL)
- I don't expect Elie will last until the 3rd round, let alone the 4th; was really happy to get him at the position I did. He was put in a grinder role playing for the best team in the OHL, but he has more offensive potential than his stats suggest. I think he's a player that can be valuable as a bottom 6 checker at the NHL level.

110th (4th) - D, Mitchell Wheaton (Kelowna, WHL)
- Big, strong, physical blueliner playing for Ryan Huska's defense factory in Kelowna. I think he has potential as a 3rd pairing blueliner that can shut down the opposition while making his presence known physically, and there's not a better place for him to develop than in Kelowna.

140th (5th) - LW, Stephen Harper (Erie, OHL)
- Didn't have the greatest year in Erie, but has potential as a goal scoring power forward. If he can become more consistent and show more effort he can be an NHLer. Think he's good value in the 5th.

170th (6th) - C, Mattias Janmark-Nylen (AIK, Elitserien)
- Admittedly don't know much about this player, but his stats are tremendous. Seems very much like a Sens-type selection late in the draft, and with the depth we have might as well try to swing for the fences and try and find a difference maker with our late picks.

Overall - pretty happy with my selections. For the most part I got the players who I was aiming for in each round. Wish I had a few more picks to work with, as there are many great prospects available in the 2nd round that I would have loved to put in a Sens sweater. Thanks again to Velo for doing this, can't wait for the next one!

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad