Veggie Tales!

AZviaNJ

“Sure as shit want to F*** Coyote fans.”
Mar 31, 2011
AZ
Wonder if BA's been talking to Holland about Veggie....

Vinny Boombatz

formerly ctwin22
Mar 21, 2008
Chandler, AZ
We need to keep Veggie, if we've found lightening in a bottle with him as a starter, that will only help as we move forward. Whoever was the scout who discovered him, we should get him to give us another one to come in and be the backup.

Mosby

Salt Lake Bound
Feb 16, 2012
Toronto
They spent a ton of time scouting this guy, so seems unlikely they'd unload him for like a 2nd rounder.

rt

The Kinder, Gentler Version
May 13, 2004
A Rockwellian Pleasantville
Only 15 goalies with as many/more GP have a better save percentage.

That's not nothing for a first-year goalie playing on this shit team.
Agreed. I don’t have the stats but I assume he faces a lot of high quality chances from high danger areas.

Still, most of the players he’s facing don’t know who he is or anything about him. I’ll be interested to see the results when that changes.

YotesFan47

Jun 16, 2012
Phoenix, Arizona USA
Agreed. I don’t have the stats but I assume he faces a lot of high quality chances from high danger areas.

Still, most of the players he’s facing don’t know who he is or anything about him. I’ll be interested to see the results when that changes.
This comes up a lot and I can't imagine any good goalie and goalie coach don't know they need to adjust at times and train certain skills to keep teams/players on their toes. If Vejmelka is actually more than a 1 hit wonder and puts in the work, I imagine he'll be fine. He's certainly showing the necessary athleticism.

Hogan20

Leader of the JJ Moser Fan Club
May 1, 2016
Maine
When does Veji get consideration for the Calder? Does he even get votes if he keeps playing like this?

Jamieh

Apr 25, 2012
When does Veji get consideration for the Calder? Does he even get votes if he keeps playing like this?
I think the goalie in Detroit would still be ahead of him if a goalie was getting a chance. But keep it going and its definitely possible.

XX

Waiting for Ishbia
Dec 10, 2002
PHX

Maybe some token votes but there's a ton of strong skaters this year. Raymond/Zegras/Seider will probably be your 3 finalists.

He'd need to do something absurd like post a mid .920's sv % with some big shutouts to get any attention.

Hogan20

May 1, 2016
Maine
Maybe some token votes but there's a ton of strong skaters this year. Raymond/Zegras/Seider will probably be your 3 finalists.

He'd need to do something absurd like post a mid .920's sv % with some big shutouts to get any attention.
Yea I should probably have walked down the Calder finalist thing. But I could see a world where he and Ned both get some token votes as the "respectable rookie starter who stole countless games on an AHL team"

SniperHF

Rejecting Reports
Mar 9, 2007
Phoenix

He's 25th in the league (minimum 5GP) in high danger save %. Wedgie is 42nd.

TBH he's not getting peppered all that bad (at least by the numbers, sometimes a checked box of "high danger" doesn't really describe the danger)
He's 12th in high danger shots against per 60. Which isn't the worst though it's out of 50 qualifying goalies so it's definitely not an easy workload.

I kinda wonder about score effects on these things too. IE get down 2-3 goals, Yotes are out of it so other team quits trying as hard.

Reactions: rt

Hogan20

May 1, 2016
Maine
Is Nedeljkovic even eligible for the Calder? He was a finalist last year.
Yes. The numbers for calder are 25 games in one season or 6 or more games in two preceding seasons.

Ned has played 1 game in 16-17, 1 game in 18-19, 4 games in 19-20, 23 games in 20-21.

Jormungandr

Aug 14, 2002
Ohio
Yes. The numbers for calder are 25 games in one season or 6 or more games in two preceding seasons.

Ned has played 1 game in 16-17, 1 game in 18-19, 4 games in 19-20, 23 games in 20-21.
Well yeah, I see the games played aspect. I just find it weird that he could’ve theoretically won the Calder two years in a row.

Reactions: Hogan20

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad